• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Boonoo said:
What are your specs? And I think pretty much everyone that can should have multicore up and running now. Since they're revamped it it's been real nice.

Core 5 760 2.8GHz
Win7 Home Premium 64-bit
4Gb RAM
Geforce GTX 460

My Core2Duo Extreme didn't handle it very well previously. I'd get the frames increase, but there'd be occasional...well....extreme stuttering.

And multicore enabling really depends. Some systems it SHOULD be enabled...others it should be avoided.

Yeef

I have similar specs (much worse processor: AMD 64 X2 5200+), but the same otherwise (well, I have Win7 Ultimate, but that shouldn't matter). Sometimes it's smooth as butter other times I get tons of stuttering and frame drops. I'm thinking it's probably a cooling issue though.

Multicore seems to help a bit, but not immensely. Some other random variables help more.

moojito

I don't know. Already the mad rush for trading is dying down. There are a few weirdos who have an urge to get a complete set of vintage weapons or whatever, but once they're done, I don't see a trading thread getting much action.

desh

Nabs said:
What's the going rate for vintage weapons?

got an extra vintage Bonk, Huntsman, Shiv, Buff Banner, Pain Train, Targe, Ubersaw, Eyelander, Scottish Resistance, Sandvich, Dalokohs Bar, Axtinguisher, Backburner, Flare Gun.

Check your PM

Twig

Banned
Speaking of hats, I now have four pyro hats: vintage beanie, vintage glove, sombrero, and napper's respite. Also, vintage whiskered gentleman.

Goddamnit Valve, give me some hats for classes that are actually playable.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
(._.) said:
WELL, I have ALL the Pyro hats *smugface* *smugface* *smugface*

Anybody got any paint for trade?
WELL, I have NONE the Pyro hats *smugface* *smugface* *smugface*

I have Black Paint. Will you give me a Pyro hat ;-;

(._.)

Banned
Twig said:
It doesn't count when you buy them from the store.
Does it count if you have a person you're cool with on your friends list who has a bunch of hats which he will give you if you buy him Counter Strike Source? ._.

Drkirby said:
WELL, I have NONE the Pyro hats *smugface* *smugface* *smugface*

I have Black Paint. Will you give me a Pyro hat ;-;
Yeah, you've been asking for a Pyro hat. I'll give you a vintage Rubber Glove for it, sound good?

Hugbot

I have some beige paint or whatever if anyone wants beige paint.

Also Yasae I still have that fish but I have been too "busy" to get on TF2 sorry

Twig

Banned
Yeef said:
I play pyro more than you. Therefore my opinion supersedes yours.
That just means you don't actually see the hat you wear, except when taunting.

So your opinion is completely and utterly flawed.

Boonoo

balladofwindfishes said:
Man, I hate how having every weapon means even 1 more gets it moved to page 2.

http://www.tf2items.com/id/ballad

No matter what, one weapon is going to be on page 2 because I have the frying pan.

It throws off my "Page 1 is weapons, page 2 is hats and stuff I'll trade"

You should do page 1 for new items/items to be made into scrap. Page 2 and 3 for weapons you want to keep, and page 4 for hats.

(._.)

Banned
Orellio said:
what do you mean? isn't it rare now?
Sort of.

They flooded the entire trading market along with the Napper the first week of the update. Tons of people who didn't play Pyro had them for trade so they weren't go for much. People who actually wanted them have them now plust the series 1 crate is dropping less. In a couple weeks things will even out and it will be hard to get.

Oreoleo

Yeah so I guess 3 items decided to just up and vanish from my backpack.. battalion's backup, darwin's danger shield and my duel item that had 3 duels left on it. So not happy right now. I have a spare l'etranger, purple paint, and 2 series #2 crates for trade if anyone's interested.

(._.)

Banned
Bad analogy, cigarettes aren't rare nor are they super cute TF2 hats. I wouldn't be jealous of anybody's backpack though. Anybody with as many or more hats than me that didn't get a hook up idle'd their way to hat heaven. I consider idling borderline cheating. Got a great offer from a steam friend so I said what the hell and gifted him CS:S for a couple hats missing form my Soldier/Pyro collection. Just gonna be straight up. I'm perfectly content with what I have and have no intent to +1 anybody.
Except Twig because he wants my Fez

Twig

Banned
(._.) said:
Bad analogy, cigarettes aren't rare nor are they super cute TF2 hats. I wouldn't be jealous of anybody's backpack though. Anybody with as many or more hats than me that didn't get a hook up idle'd their way to hat heaven. I consider idling borderline cheating. Got a great offer from a steam friend so I said what the hell and gifted him CS:S for a couple hats missing form my Soldier/Pyro collection. Just gonna be straight up. I'm perfectly content with what I have and have no intent to +1 anybody.
Except Twig because he wants my Fez
Actually, I don't really care about the spy set bonus. :3

So for the longest time I've been playing TF2 with vsync/triple buffering using D3D overrider. I HAAAATTEEE screen tearing, so doing this has looked great for me. I've noticed however my incredible shitty skill at sniping, meanwhile in my CS days, sniping was my bread and butter.

I decided to try playing by disabling D3D overrider. I noticed immediately better accuracy. Now I'm at a crossroads. The screen tearing in this game is constant and looks terrible. But I'm sure that the better mouse response time will increase my scores.

I will try dealing with the screen tearing for the time being and see if I can put up with it methinks.

Also, quick question: Is there a way to idle, like in spectator mode or something in order to not give "false" class statistics, and still get item drops? I've never idled before but I have still never looted a hat ever, and it's starting to really frustrate me.

Boonoo

MisterAnderson said:
Also, quick question: Is there a way to idle, like in spectator mode or something in order to not give "false" class statistics, and still get item drops? I've never idled before but I have still never looted a hat ever, and it's starting to really frustrate me.

You can idle in spec. As long as idle time+play time=7 hours or so you'll be maxing out your drops. The week resets Wednesday evening.

Yeef

Boonoo said:
You should do page 1 for new items/items to be made into scrap. Page 2 and 3 for weapons you want to keep, and page 4 for hats.
I leave page 1 and 2 for stuff I don't care about/plan to craft then use the last two pages for stuff I plan to keep. 1 row for each class (with equip slot aligned by column) and then one row for miscellany.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom