• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

corn_fest

I put all my hats and misc on the first page because they're what's more unique and interesting. My second page is all the original vintage unlocks, and then the rest is crafting. When I get the full Polycount set I'll probably put it on the third page. Works pretty good imo.

Yasae

Banned
(._.) said:
Bad analogy, cigarettes aren't rare nor are they super cute TF2 hats. I wouldn't be jealous of anybody's backpack though. Anybody with as many or more hats than me that didn't get a hook up idle'd their way to hat heaven. I consider idling borderline cheating. Got a great offer from a steam friend so I said what the hell and gifted him CS:S for a couple hats missing form my Soldier/Pyro collection. Just gonna be straight up. I'm perfectly content with what I have and have no intent to +1 anybody.
Except Twig because he wants my Fez
Being able to buy hats makes them strikingly common, much like cigarettes. You probably won't die smoking virtual hats, though.....

Not that I would know...
>_>

<_>

jambo

I haven't gotten a single new unlock since the update. Gotten a few other things, but my backpack is just all doubles and triples now.

Sigh

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
jambo said:
I haven't gotten a single new unlock since the update. Gotten a few other things, but my backpack is just all doubles and triples now.

Sigh

I'll trade you what extras I get for your doubles and triples. I just need weapons to make scrap metal now, so anything I find I can trade your way if you want.

Really small patch. It doesn't address any of the random visual problems from the Polycount update, which bothers me, but whatever

Fixed server crash caused by a Scout using the Sandman on an enemy Scout who has used Bonk!
Made Ellis' Cap and the Frying Pan tradable
Added "Automatically respawn after loadout changes in respawn zones" option to the Options->Multiplayer->Advanced dialog
Fixed a problem with the Lugermorph model

Despite what the patch says, the Frying Pan and Ellis' cap are not tradeable.

(._.)

Banned
Yasae said:
Being able to buy hats makes them strikingly common, much like cigarettes. You probably won't die smoking virtual hats, though.....

Not that I would know...
>_>

<_>
From the MANN CO store, yes indeed. Try getting one of your Steam friends to trade six of his favorite vintage hats in exchange for a game . I'll probably end up dead either way with this hat fetish.

Yasae

Banned
(._.) said:
From the MANN CO store, yes indeed. Try getting one of your Steam friends to trade six of his favorite vintage hats in exchange for a game . I'll probably end up dead either way with this hat fetish.
(._.)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
My Backpack is organized like so.

Page 1: New Weapons and Stuff I will use for Crafting/Trading
Page 2: Hats, Paints, Duels, Tokens, and Items gifted to me. The gifts are special <3
Page 3: Vintage Items for trade
Page 4: Complete Vintage Weapon Collection.

desh

Drkirby said:
My Backpack is organized like so.

Page 1: New Weapons and Stuff I will use for Crafting/Trading
Page 2: Hats, Paints, Duels, Tokens, and Items gifted to me. The gifts are special <3
Page 3: Vintage Items for trade
Page 4: Complete Vintage Weapon Collection.

What vintage items do you have for trade?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeef said:
Why do you have more assists as Pyro than medic?

Why are you a bad medic? :(

I never signed up for that site, but apparently it just does it's thing on its own.

http://tf2stats.net/player_stats/Yeef

[Edit]
Hey! Since you've only played scout for all of 27 minutes you should give me your shortstop!
If you compair mine to yours, since I signed up it keep track of daily performance. See how there is a Last 24 hours, Style, and History tab.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I like how I suck bad enough to be able to average 2 Revenges per hour :lol

Also, 1 in 4 of all my points are from Capturing or Defending a point, I TRY!

And for one last thing, according to the site Steam is actually reporting Javaman has played less then he has, with Java having 1582 of play time according to TF Stats, and 1058 according to Steam.

Yeef

Wallach is officially the coolest guy in this thread for giving me a free shortstop and letting me borrow his hat to complete the scout set.

The rest of you could take lessons from him! The lesson is: give me free stuff

Drkirby said:

Could I trade you a spare Vintage Weapon for your Vintage Homewrecker? That's the last weapon I need to have at least 1 of every Vintage Weapon possible in the game (I am pretty sure...can the GRU be Vintage or did that come out too late?)

Edit: Damn just realized I need a Vintage Crit-a-Cola as well. Anyone have a spare one they'd be willing to trade?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
GRU can't be vintage, and Crit a Cola is hell to get since no one seemed to have 2 of them :lol

But yeah, I can trade Home Wrecker for something else. Shame to see the last spare go though, I had 5 of them before the patch hit I think.

Drkirby said:
GRU can't be vintage, and Crit a Cola is hell to get since no one seemed to have 2 of them :lol

But yeah, I can trade Home Wrecker for something else. Shame to see the last spare go though, I had 5 of them before the patch hit I think.

Alright awesome. And I hope I'll be able to find someone with a spare Crit a Cola :/ will bug the shit out of me if I am only missing 1 Vintage weapon lol. Is your name on Steam DrKirby?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yes, I should be playing TF2 a bit in the afternoon, you should be able to find me in the GAF server at around 11 PM EST.

Boonoo

The trouble with the Crit-a-Cola was that it had the same drop chance as a hat, so it's quite a bit rarer than any of the other items.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Stallion Free said:
Crit-A-Cola was pretty easy to craft IIRC.
Yes, but why would someone craft 2? I have 27 minutes as a scout, why at the time would I have wanted to make Crit A Cola?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Drkirby said:
Yes, but why would someone craft 2? I have 27 minutes as a scout, why at the time would I have wanted to make Crit A Cola?
Good point. I would be willing to trade my single Vintage Crit-A-Cola prolly. What is being offered MrAnderson?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The worst thing for me was that the night before the patch hit people were saying I should just craft Crit A Cola right then and there, and my argument was that I only had 1 Krits (Which was wrong, I did in fact have 2 and didn't notice), and it took about 2 or 3 days to track down someone who would trade it to me (Found a guy who needed extra Jarate)

Yeef

I'm willing to trade any vintage weapon for the same non-vintage weapon + scrap metal or another weapon.

So if you want a vintage crit-a-cola I'd need a non-vintage crit-a-cola and either another weapon or a scrap metal.

I don't care about the vintageness and, in fact, find it annoying that in the quick-equip screen it lists vintage separate from normal weapons. What's even more annoying is that if you have multiple vintage weapons it lists each individually.

6uWSb.jpg

9VHQD.jpg

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I trade Crit a Cola + KGB for Vintage Crit a Cola Yeef

And I think the system is designed to show each weapon now, since each can have their own name (And possibly color in the future)

And I didn't think quick equip worked, I mapped it to a key and it didn't seem to do anything.

Stallion Free said:
Good point. I would be willing to trade my single Vintage Crit-A-Cola prolly. What is being offered MrAnderson?

I have spare Vintage Weapons if you need any, and some scrap metal, I don't have any hats or anything like that unfortunately. Is there anything you need/want for it?

Yeef

Drkirby said:
I trade Crit a Cola + KGB for Vintage Crit a Cola Yeef

And I think the system is designed to show each weapon now, since each can have their own name (And possibly color in the future)

And I didn't think quick equip worked, I mapped it to a key and it didn't seem to do anything.
It works fine. You only change weapons when you either respawn or hit a resupply locker. Being able to change weapons on the fly would be way too powerful.

If you can get on before 4pm eastern we can do the trade; otherwise I'll just wait until I see you on the server.

Yeef said:
I'm willing to trade any vintage weapon for the same non-vintage weapon + scrap metal or another weapon.

So if you want a vintage crit-a-cola I'd need a non-vintage crit-a-cola and either another weapon or a scrap metal.

I don't care about the vintageness and, in fact, find it annoying that in the quick-equip screen it lists vintage separate from normal weapons. What's even more annoying is that if you have multiple vintage weapons it lists each individually.

I can trade a regular crit-a-cola and scrap metal, I'd have to craft a regular one first but I'm pretty sure that I have a regular bonk and regular kritzkrieg to craft with.

(._.)

Banned
I still haven't even gotten any of the new scout stuff. I should start trading for them. Going to start saving up metal so I can hopefully craft some new engy gear when Polycount part 2 drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom