• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

moojito

What about the ever annoying medic/medic pair? I've seen a few of them tear the place up before.

I don't think a medic running about on his own trying to kill folk is such a great idea.

Twig

Banned
moojito said:
What about the ever annoying medic/medic pair? I've seen a few of them tear the place up before.

I don't think a medic running about on his own trying to kill folk is such a great idea.
Kuro's just being a whiny babby man because some of us want the medic to get unlockables that actually change the way medic can be played. He automatically assumes "new" means "battle" because he has no imagination. Nevermind that there are already, as you point out, valid battle medic practices.

WHINY

BABBY

MAN

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Hey, two versions, nice. I wonder if this will come out before Halloween or not, since one looks to be Halloween based.

Though taking a quick look, I like some of the other versions better. Oh well.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
moojito said:

I don't mind medic chains so long as they're in the beginning and the medics don't keep doing it. However, I don't recall what server I was on, but this stupid medic pair kept doing that the whole game. I told the useless idiots on my team to switch to regular pyro. EVEN ONE would do (I was the only medic and then the only engie on the team and I was on top), so I switched after we lost 2 rounds, airblasted them every time they did it and then taunted them after.

I'm all for new things, I just don't want the medic changed so that people focus more on attacking than healing. Medics should be more defensive (I dunno...an aura that greatly reduces damage???) than offensive or else provide better healing capabilities for other classes.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Drkirby said:
Was hoping there would be a tad more discussion about the new maps. Do we know anything else about them?

3 CP points, the last one takes place in a large structure of some kind. I downloaded the art pass map and made a sad stab at it before wandering off to masturbate and forget about it until it was too late.

Yeef

notsol337 said:
I bet your score in that shot, blizzard!

Also, idling last night I got a deep commitment to purple, a crate, and...

4 eyelanders.
That's good, because I need one to craft the sniper knife. Give it to me.

Forkball

A lot of fun tonight. I loved the single class battles. The all Demo battle should've been melee only the entire time though, that map is just too hard to get through if you are playing offense as a Demo.

KJTB

Drkirby said:
I know, I think we should of just left it all Demo, we got cocky when we made it Melee only on top of it.

the chokehold was too unfair for blu imo, melee made it more fun.

Clydefrog

H1IIA.png

we should all post one of these!

MNC

3496r7d.png

I still remember my backstab streak :') The other team was so oblivious.

The only thing not legit is the 3 hours alive for spy; I joined a server and right after I had dinner and watched some tv :lol

Lumine

Hah, didn't know you could set TF2 to Dutch, or is that some sort of mod? Not that I care, I think I'd prefer my TF2 in English anyway. :p

Anyway, I see no one has made a trade topic so I'll just use this one like everyone else.

http://www.tf2items.com/id/disarray

I'm pretty much willing to trade anything I have more than one of. I'm not so sure what the value is on these items in terms of rarity and stuff. I'd be willing to trade the metal as well, but only if it seems worthwhile. Otherwise I might just use it to create some of the new weapons or (finally) a hat. What's defenitly up for trade:

(Vintage) Sandman (x2)
(Vintage) Ubersaw
(Vintage) Huntsman
(Vintage) Axetinguisher
(Vintage) Backburner
(Vintage) Flaregun
(Vintage) Dalokoh's Bar
(Vintage) Natasha (x2)
(Vintage) Equalizer
(Vintage) Ambassador
Frontier Justice (x3)
(Vintage) Homewrecker
(Vintage) Eyelander
Eyelander
Cloak & Dagger
(Vintage) Gunboats
(Vintage) Razorback

Oh and I have a series 2 crate. I'm almost tempted to buy a key but I think I'm gonna stay firm and not waste my money so that would be up for trade as well.

I like collecting 1 of each weapon because I like playing with all classes and it actually affects gameplay. If someone would offer a hat for something I'd be interested too of course. Items I'm looking for (slightly in order of wanting them):

Bushwacka
Blackbox
Wrangler
Gloves of Running Urgently
Powerjack
Scottman's Skullcutter
Your Eternal Reward
Tribelman's Shiv
Short Stop
Vita-Saw
Holy Mackerel
L'etranger
Mad Milk
Southern Hospitality
Pain Train
Darwin's Danger Shield

Hats are fine too, but they're probably too rare for anything I have or whatever. But if you have a cool one for either Sniper, Demoman, Soldier or Pyro then I'm interested.

Yeef

notsol337 said:
Too late. All turned into scrap.
You are the one who is too late. I already crafted the sniper knife.

Then I dominated Kirby in a duel with it 5-1 >:D

rac said:
Alright guys I need your help. What should I craft a fez, milkman, softcap or should I wait till new hats come out? Leaning towards milkman because I play scout the most these days.

http://www.tf2items.com/profiles/76561197979993904
Milkman! The Scout set is a lot of fun and doesn't have any real drawback.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You should craft an Attendant and give it to me!

It hard to really say though, I would go with Milkman if you are a good scout.

Then I dominated Kirby in a duel with it 5-1 >:D
And I with 10 seconds left on the clock I ran past 2 demos, a heavy, anther sniper, a solder and a medic, to gun you down with my Shotgun to get that 1 point :lol

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
notsol337 said:
Here's a real drawback.

The hat is stupid! BONK HELMET FOREVER!
The hat may look silly, but it doesn't change the fact that the Scout pack has no other drawback other then a slightly higher difficulty of use.

Blizzard

Banned
Drkirby said:
The hat may look silly, but it doesn't change the fact that the Scout pack has no other drawback other then a slightly higher difficulty of use.
I think the "drawback" is not having a pistol, and not having the presumable higher damage output of the scattergun. (I didn't realize until Boonoo showed me, that a scattergun can kill a heavy in 3 non-crit shots, while the shortstop takes more than 4, though you can reload quickly).

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Blizzard said:
I think the "drawback" is not having a pistol, and not having the presumable higher damage output of the scattergun. (I didn't realize until Boonoo showed me, that a scattergun can kill a heavy in 3 non-crit shots, while the shortstop takes more than 4, though you can reload quickly).

Meh. I still think the shortstop is shit if you're fighting another scout. I did get taken out as medic when a scout chased me down and stayed out of the range of my ubersaw and needles. I haven't had much difficulty taking down a scout with the scattergun yet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom