• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boonoo

Twig said:
This is exactly why I'll NEVER shift to 6v6. Is there any more boring way to play? No. There is not.

It's actually very exciting because individual actions actually matter. You should try it.

Why do you think it would be boring?

Twig

Banned
Boonoo said:
It's actually very exciting because individual actions actually matter. You should try it.

Why do you think it would be boring?
"1med, 2 scouts, 2 soldier (with 1 scout often playing sniper/heavy as called for)"

You didn't mention either of my two favorite classes. Pyro's absence is similarly disheartening.

It sounds awful. Absolutely awful.

Boonoo

Twig said:
"1med, 2 scouts, 2 soldier (with 1 scout often playing sniper/heavy as called for)"

You didn't mention either of my two favorite classes. Pyro's absence is similarly disheartening.

Engineer and spy! They get played once in a while; they're just not versatile (or mobile, and mobility really is key) enough for that player count, though.

I could understand being put off because your favorite classes aren't featured. I don't know if that's enough to make it the most boring thing ever, though. Unless you're being hyperbolic!

Volcynika

Boonoo said:
Engineer and spy! They get played once in a while; they're just not versatile (or mobile, and mobility really is key) enough for that player count, though.

I could understand being put off because your favorite classes aren't featured. I don't know if that's enough to make it the most boring thing ever, though. Unless you're being hyperbolic!

It's Twig, we are never sure what he is trying to do.

Twig

Banned
when have i ever been anything but 100% serious i am offended

Also: demoman, not engineer. But engineer is nice, too. I would play engineer exclusively with gunslinger, hence I would be the best.

Also, I tried 6v6 once and the assholes were assholes. Reminded me of CS. I can only logically conclude that everyone who plays 6v6 is like that, including you. NOTHX.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Fun to get some TF2 in tonight. Game feels lightning fast after playing Reach for a couple of weeks. Hope some of you guys are still playing when I get back from class in 3 hours.

Yeef

Twig said:

Also: demoman, not engineer. But engineer is nice, too. I would play engineer exclusively with gunslinger, hence I would be the best.

Also, I tried 6v6 once and the assholes were assholes. Reminded me of CS. I can only logically conclude that everyone who plays 6v6 is like that, including you. NOTHX.
6v6 usually has 1 demo. Boonoo is just a terrible typist and forgot to include it.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yeef said:
6v6 usually has 1 demo. Boonoo is just a terrible typist and forgot to include it.
Usually?! More like ALWAYS.

The only update I'd want for the medic is something to give him more defensive capabilities. I don't want 4 medics in the game running around for a kill instead of healing.

Boonoo

Twig said:

Ahaha I did forget it! Demo is key. He's real important.

Twig

Banned
Kuro Madoushi said:
Usually?! More like ALWAYS.

The only update I'd want for the medic is something to give him more defensive capabilities. I don't want 4 medics in the game running around for a kill instead of healing.
This is why you don't make games. You need more imagination.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Twig, we don't have to do that. You go engineer, I can go Pyro, we will have nob be a Heavy, get Java to be a medic, Yeef can be our spy and we will make Boonoo be our Demoman.

Twig

Banned
Drkirby said:
Twig, we don't have to do that. You go engineer, I can go Pyro, we will have nob be a Heavy, get Java to be a medic, Yeef can be our spy and we will make Boonoo be our Demoman.
You kind of do have to do that, because some classes just aren't that great in 6v6.

I stand by what I said: 6v6 is a horrible, shitty way to play TF2.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Twig, just because logic says so doesn't mean we have to. 1 spy, 2 engineers, a snipper, and 2 Pyros. Screw the establishment!

Yeef

6v6 has class limits, even for the classes that are never used. Pretty sure you can only have one engineer.

[edit]I am wrong. At least for ESEA
# The class restrictions are:

* 2 Scouts
* 2 Soldiers
* 2 Pyros
* 1 Demoman
* 2 Heavy
* 2 Engineers
* 1 Medic
* 2 Snipers
* 2 Spy

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yeef said:
6v6 has class limits, even for the classes that are never used. Pretty sure you can only have one engineer.

[edit]I am wrong. At least for ESEA
# The class restrictions are:

* 2 Scouts
* 2 Soldiers
* 2 Pyros
* 1 Demoman
* 2 Heavy
* 2 Engineers
* 1 Medic
* 2 Snipers
* 2 Spy
Yes...two engies...which we faced one time on a scrim. God damn was it annoying on Gpit

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
I just decided to take my chances at crafting a random headgear with 3 refined metal. I ended up getting the Bonk helm. How fucking lucky is that? If i were to go for that piece that would have cost me a hell of a lot more than 3 refined metal.

Blizzard

Banned
I don't like to brag, but I had one of my best scoring games yet. :D
2blizzardya7o.jpg

If I were making new stuff for the medic, I'd make him essentially a drug dealer.

BuffCannon:

Primary fire: speed increase for X amount of time
Secondary fire: defense increase for X amount of time
Alt suggestion: Regen for X amount of time

Works like the sandvich, in that the medic can dope himself up in addition to his team mates.

Combo it with a syringe gun that has some sort of debuff (not speed, Natascha does that... maybe defense? Maybe offensive capability? Maybe disabling "special abilities" like invuln, bonk, heads from eyelander, cloaking, etc).

Boonoo

Kuro Madoushi said:
Yes...two engies...which we faced one time on a scrim. God damn was it annoying on Gpit
Haha yeah it was(but a lot of that was our fault. We weren't very good). There are some alternate configurations that can work in the right situations, though. One of the best teams playing recently won a viaduct match using 2 heavies and a sniper and no soldiers. And sometimes a spy in the right place at the right time can really turn a round around.

Sometimes, though, it doesn't work. We just played a goofy ass team on a blands match; they were running a heavy, and the medic with the soldier and demo would walk him up to mid. So that by the time they got there we had already more or less capped the point.

And if they changed the class limits, say 1 of every class, you'd get some neat alternate configurations. I imagine you'd see sniper, heavy and engie (gunslinger) with pyro and spy still used very rarely. 6v6, though is about mobility, and because of it certain classes in standard situations literally get left in the dust.

Twig said:
You kind of do have to do that, because some classes just aren't that great in 6v6.
I stand by what I said: 6v6 is a horrible, shitty way to play TF2.
Although we disagree on whether or not 6v6 is a good way to play TF2 (I'd say it's a wonderful way to play), I'd say it's fair to look at it as something pretty radically different than normal play in the way something like highlander isn't. It's a lot more than getting rid of crits and damage spread. And a lot of the class limits and weapons choices are very much geared toward developing a specific sort of game.

It's a bummer you played with jerks when you tried it out, though. I've found the comp community to be pretty friendly in general.

Wallach

Boonoo said:
Haha yeah it was(but a lot of that was our fault. We weren't very good). There are some alternate configurations that can work in the right situations, though. One of the best teams playing recently won a viaduct match using 2 heavies and a sniper and no soldiers. And sometimes a spy in the right place at the right time can really turn a round around.

Trying to think who you mean... I want to say it was Apoc or AI. They've won with that setup on Yukon too.

Boonoo

Wallach said:
Trying to think who you mean... I want to say it was Apoc or AI. They've won with that setup on Yukon too.

I was thinking eMG. But they lost their viaduct, in cevo anyway. Ha, now I have no idea. I just remember being surprised by the no soldier bit.

Twig

Banned
Boonoo said:
Although we disagree on whether or not 6v6 is a good way to play TF2 (I'd say it's a wonderful way to play), I'd say it's fair to look at it as something pretty radically different than normal play in the way something like highlander isn't. It's a lot more than getting rid of crits and damage spread. And a lot of the class limits and weapons choices are very much geared toward developing a specific sort of game.
Yes, but it essentially removes everything that I like about TF2. The game is at its best when every class is being utilized, not just a select group.
It's a bummer you played with jerks when you tried it out, though. I've found the comp community to be pretty friendly in general.
I was joking. I would never use that as a real reason for not wanting to play 6v6. Especially because I would pick the team I play with.

I mean, I would probably try it out more extensively if I had more freetime. Maybe after I graduate. (In two years.)

desh

Hoping to trade for a vintage crit-a-cola to fill out my vintage weapons set. Let me know if you have one you're willing to trade.

Thanks to Yeef and Nabs for helping me get the other items i needed.

Yeef

I think the drop system has become sentient. One day after trading for a shortstop I got one from a crate then, last night, literally about a minute after trading for a frontier justice I got one as a drop.

notsol337

marked forever
I bet your score in that shot, blizzard!

Also, idling last night I got a deep commitment to purple, a crate, and...

4 eyelanders.

Blizzard

Banned
notsol337 said:
I bet your score in that shot, blizzard!

Also, idling last night I got a deep commitment to purple, a crate, and...

4 eyelanders.
But you didn't beat all of me TOGETHER. :eek:

I also may have experienced the sentient drop system. When I most wanted a bonk drink or crit-a-cola, I think it took literally 4 months or so, and I seem to recall hardly ever getting scout weapons. I think I got the GRU literally a day or two after trading for them, also.

desh

Blizzard said:
I don't like to brag, but I had one of my best scoring games yet. :D
2blizzardya7o.jpg

We couldn't have done it without you. I'm pretty sure that 1 kill you got was a spy, and that saved the game for us.

hubes

Twig said:

it's actually not boring at all. what is boring about tf2 is going into a pub and top fragging every single game because all (99%) of the pubbers have no idea how to play the game, but by all means continue to have a blast playing 12v12 where anywhere you shoot is a frag.

Twig

Banned
hubes said:
it's actually not boring at all. what is boring about tf2 is going into a pub and top fragging every single game because all (99%) of the pubbers have no idea how to play the game, but by all means continue to have a blast playing 12v12 where anywhere you shoot is a frag.
lol look at this kid, thinks he's so hot

bet he also throws out racial epithets when his teammates don't live up to his standards

glad i live in a better world than him :3

Volcynika

Twig said:

bet he also throws out racial epithets when his teammates don't live up to his standards

Twig you are so pro.

hubes

Twig said:

you pointed out why you think 6v6 sucks, i pointed out why pubbing sucks. we are no different my brother.

Twig

Banned
hubes said:
you pointed out why you think 6v6 sucks, i pointed out why pubbing sucks. we are no different my brother.
except we are because you are worried about things that don't matter whereas i am worried about things that do :3

Twig

Banned
hubes said:
i'm not worried about anything. i have no worries when engaging in a game of team fortress two so i don't know what you're getting at.
oh so now you're backing down

/me wins another one

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
MisterAnderson said:
DrKirby, I added you yesterday (I typed in "DrKirby") and it added you as "pjo21." Is that you?
No. Check to make sure you didn't mistype something, or try Dockirby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom