• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

notsol337

marked forever
platypotamus said:
Sounds good. I'm platypotamus on steam too, so friend me.

Sorry Yeef, I play the heavy a bit more than the pyro lately, but I like the Napper's Respite better than the football helmet.

You have been added! I'm also notsol337 on steam.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
ugh...I kept posting the link and telling people to go to the online thread...

Sigh...

Anyways, after much trading, i FINALLY got the milkman cap and the hot rod

Javaman

Kuro Madoushi said:
ugh...I kept posting the link and telling people to go to the online thread...

Sigh...

Anyways, after much trading, i FINALLY got the milkman cap and the hot rod

Kuro, where is your mic? Seriously mannnnn./

Boonoo

The old thread (from the update) has more or less wound down, so I'll get in touch with Stallion and we'll get one up by the end of the week or so. I'll probably go ahead and make a trading thread over in the online portion so that it doesn't muck up the works.

This way we'll have a new one up for Halloween.

rac

Banned
Trouble said:
Thought I'd try. Maybe someone really wants a name tag.
Actually I'm sure someone would trade a hatless or camera beard for one. So I guess it really isn't outrageous after all. Unless you wanted a medic mask for it.

(._.)

Banned
rac said:
Actually I'm sure someone would trade a hatless or camera beard for one. So I guess it really isn't outrageous after all. Unless you wanted a medic mask for it.
Well they did make the poly set hats just four refined plus one of the weapons. A name tag is worth around one hat so a nametag and another decent hat would be a fair trade I think.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The thing is right now most people are crazy and want like 2 to 4 hats for a Polycount hat, at least looking on the TF2 trading board :lol

rac

Banned
Drkirby said:
The thing is right now most people are crazy and want like 2 to 4 hats for a Polycount hat, at least looking on the TF2 trading board :lol
Well if you traded hats for metal to get a milkman its going to take at least 3 hats to get 4 refined.

I managed to get a Big Kill for a Noble Amassment and some Dueling Tokens :D
http://www.tf2items.com/id/ballad

Thanks random Steam Forums person. Just one item away from having all of the weapons (except for the Golden Wrench, obviously)

Lugermorph... some day... some day

Drkirby said:
The Steam forums are terrible for getting a deal.

You have to use brute server spam to get what you want, unless you're very lucky. I saw someone trade a Napper's and a Brigade Helm for a Fez, while that trade would have gone no where on the forums. I also got my Chieftain's Challenge for a black painted Kabuto, another trade that would have been impossible on the forums.

I got very lucky with my Steam Forum trade, but it wasn't even formal. I mentioned in a thread I needed one, and someone messaged me asking to barter.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
rac said:
Well if you traded hats for metal to get a milkman its going to take at least 3 hats to get 4 refined.
Yeah, the metal market is whacked out too. It should be 1 hat for 3 refined!

Remy

(._.) said:
A name tag is worth around one hat so a nametag and another decent hat would be a fair trade I think.

Just talking pure dollars here - a name tag is $5 in the MannCo store. Most hats are way more than that.

I'd love to see someone do a metal/dollar breakdown of the entire item system, though.

rac

Banned
Drkirby said:
Yeah, the metal market is whacked out too. It should be 1 hat for 3 refined!
The whole trading system is whacked out.
If you have a lot of vintage hats and want the best value for them I bet it would be good to just hold on to them for awhile. These new hats value will decrease and it will be a mad rush to get vintage hats.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah, right now Vintage hats are far more common then normal hats, it will take months if not years before they are really worth more. Valve needs to get anther incentive for people to craft their hats away, like new crafting only hats that can only be had though rebuild headgear.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wish I had more hats before this patch came down, would of been easier to get Max's head on the first few days. Max's head shale forever allude me ;-;

I can't believe how much people are offering for the earbuds though

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I can't say anything about taste, but some of the offers just seem absured. 4 hats for an item that 15% of all players own, many of which don't really even like it?

Well, with Kirby's Epic Yarn coming today, I won't be playing TF2 tonight.

(._.)

Banned
Drkirby said:
I can't say anything about taste, but some of the offers just seem absured. 4 hats for an item that 15% of all players own, many of which don't really even like it?

Well, with Kirby's Epic Yarn coming today, I won't be playing TF2 tonight.
I got it plus I'm getting FO:NV so I wont be on until this weekend. Only games I'm getting till next year.

Javaman

I painted my physician's mask black thinking it would be original but someone else had the same thing on the server last night. :eek:P

Volcynika

Update thingy:

Team Fortress 2
Fixed a sentry gun exploit that let Engineers build multiple sentries
Fixed Engineers being able to build level 3 mini-sentries using The Wrangler
Fixed the Holy Mackerel hit triggering the first blood event in Arena mode
Fixed seeing error particle systems in old demos

Yasae

Banned
Stallion Free said:
I'm sorry I don't want my soldier to look like a hipster douche bag.
Oh I thought you meant the Safe N Sounds for the engineer.

2vsghvo.jpg

Er... Not exactly hipster douchbag.
Kuro Madoushi said:
Think that was Oreo
Sounds
unoriginal enough to be
like him.

Javaman

server updating...

Edit: and done...

Max gun? Was that a Sam and Max thing?

Updating 'Team Fortress 2 Content' from version 178 to version 180

11.92% downloading ./orangebox/tf/bin/server.dll
30.37% downloading ./orangebox/tf/bin/server.dylib
62.65% downloading ./orangebox/tf/bin/server.so
75.90% downloading ./orangebox/tf/cfg/user_default.scr
75.90% downloading ./orangebox/tf/maps/graphs/cp_dustbowl.ain
75.90% downloading ./orangebox/tf/maps/graphs/cp_granary.ain
75.90% downloading ./orangebox/tf/maps/graphs/cp_gravelpit.ain
75.90% downloading ./orangebox/tf/maps/graphs/cp_well.ain
75.90% downloading ./orangebox/tf/maps/graphs/tc_hydro.ain
75.95% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/weapons/c_models/c_pistol/c_pistol.dx90.vtx
75.95% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/weapons/c_models/c_pistol/c_pistol.mdl
75.96% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/weapons/c_models/c_pistol/c_pistol.phy
76.16% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/weapons/c_models/c_pistol/c_pistol.vvd
76.21% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/weapons/c_models/c_ttg_max_gun/c_ttg_max_gun.dx90.vtx
76.22% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/weapons/c_models/c_ttg_max_gun/c_ttg_max_gun.mdl
76.22% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/weapons/c_models/c_ttg_max_gun/c_ttg_max_gun.phy
76.44% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/weapons/c_models/c_ttg_max_gun/c_ttg_max_gun.vvd
76.49% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/weapons/w_models/w_ttg_max_gun.dx90.vtx
76.49% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/weapons/w_models/w_ttg_max_gun.mdl
76.49% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/weapons/w_models/w_ttg_max_gun.phy
76.71% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/weapons/w_models/w_ttg_max_gun.vvd
76.72% downloading ./orangebox/tf/resource/ui/confirmapplygiftwrapdialog.res
78.38% downloading ./orangebox/tf/resource/tf_danish.txt
80.07% downloading ./orangebox/tf/resource/tf_dutch.txt
80.90% downloading ./orangebox/tf/resource/tf_english.txt
82.57% downloading ./orangebox/tf/resource/tf_finnish.txt
84.29% downloading ./orangebox/tf/resource/tf_french.txt
86.01% downloading ./orangebox/tf/resource/tf_german.txt
86.94% downloading ./orangebox/tf/resource/tf_hungarian.txt
88.63% downloading ./orangebox/tf/resource/tf_polish.txt
90.25% downloading ./orangebox/tf/resource/tf_portuguese.txt
91.66% downloading ./orangebox/tf/resource/tf_romanian.txt
93.33% downloading ./orangebox/tf/resource/tf_russian.txt
94.65% downloading ./orangebox/tf/resource/tf_schinese.txt
96.35% downloading ./orangebox/tf/resource/tf_spanish.txt
98.02% downloading ./orangebox/tf/resource/tf_swedish.txt
99.40% downloading ./orangebox/tf/resource/tf_tchinese.txt
100.00% downloading ./orangebox/tf/scripts/items/items_game.txt
100.00% downloading ./orangebox/tf/steam.inf

Blizzard

Banned
Excellent, looks like they just fixed the engineer exploit(s). They didn't mention multiple dispensers so I dunno if that still works...

Ketch

Hey everybody, this is Ketch from the server. Now that I can finally post on the forum, does that mean I can add [GAF] to my name? You know, for the street cred.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hah took ya long enough. I guess they did another round of approvals.

Anyone can put [GAF] in their name. We don't really enforce it nor does it give you any special privileges, just shows you're one of us and that you're likely on the forum as well.

Yeef

GAF Server IP: 68.232.178.184:27015
Steam Community group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Neogaf-TF2
28tdtld.jpg

Suddenly, insane ping.

I don't know what the hell is going on, but my connection just turned shitty. I don't know how I managed to get 2 headshots with like 300 ping.

Part of me is curious if it's somehow connected to the Fox/Cablevision thing (cablevision is my ISP), but that would be ridiculous.

Yeef

Kuro Madoushi said:
Hah took ya long enough. I guess they did another round of approvals.

Anyone can put [GAF] in their name. We don't really enforce it nor does it give you any special privileges, just shows you're one of us and that you're likely on the forum as well.
Only cool people can use the ♥♥SCB♥♥ tag though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom