• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Always a good feeling when a single action you did likely saved the day, like me desapping the nearby level 3 sentry with 30 seconds on the clock at Steel.

moojito

Drkirby said:
Always a good feeling when a single action you did likely saved the day, like me desapping the nearby level 3 sentry with 30 seconds on the clock at Steel.

If you say so, lay-borr-orr. As a spy on gorge, breaking up a massive wave of attacks by sapping a level 3 sentry, teleporter and dispenser then backstabbing the engineer, getting mowed down cackling like a madman by enraged teammates then seeing the 3 destruction kill messages pop up is so much more satisfying!

KJTB

Playing medic without a mic is so annoying sometimes. I hate when you see a spy behind the person you're healing and you can't help but watch as he backstabs your teammate because you couldn't say anything :lol

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
moojito said:
If you say so, lay-borr-orr. As a spy on gorge, breaking up a massive wave of attacks by sapping a level 3 sentry, teleporter and dispenser then backstabbing the engineer, getting mowed down cackling like a madman by enraged teammates then seeing the 3 destruction kill messages pop up is so much more satisfying!
Or you could be the Pyro to see the engineer get back stabbed, light the spy on fire, and quickly salvage the sentry gun with the homewreaker, but this rarely feels like I am "saving the day", but more of "same old, same old.

Chinner

Banned
half way through in collecting all demoman hats...
2al3yt.jpg

stovepipe is painted gold and hallmark is white. they both look sexy.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wonder how long it will take before TF2Items will show what colors the hats are.

Edit: Looks live Valve may add Giftwrap to the game, maybe they will have a Chirstmas event this year. Hopfully you don't have to buy it.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1521629

ToolGiftWrapConfirm" "Are you sure you want to gift wrap this item?"
"TF_Tool_Giftwrap" "Gift Wrap"
"TF_Armory_Item_Gift_Wrap" "This gift wrap can be used to package an item as a gift for another player. Wrapped gifts can be delivered to offline players. Items that are normally not tradable can be wrapped and gifted using gift wrap."
"TF_Armory_Item_Gift" "This is a wrapped gift. The person who wrapped it can deliver the gift to someone or another player can open it and receive the item inside."

Java's server upgrade log also has this in it
76.72% downloading ./orangebox/tf/resource/ui/confirmapplygiftwrapdialog.res

I wonder if Valve is going to add in more nontradable items, not to much at the moment.

Though there is ALSO a value that says if you can wrap it or not like with Hats in painting, so who knows.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I like the Sombrero a lot, its one of the few hats I do have. Painted it purple, which gave it a purple rim, which matches both teams thems. Red and Blue make purple ha I am so clever.

Yeef

Drkirby said:
I remember a game on upward where three engineers were just getting setup at the last point (we hadn't captured the second to last one yet). I managed to backstab all three and sap all their stuff, which let our cart get to the end unimpeded.

moojito

Yeef said:
I remember a game on upward where three engineers were just getting setup at the last point (we hadn't captured the second to last one yet). I managed to backstab all three and sap all their stuff, which let our cart get to the end unimpeded.

Yes! The sad thing is the team probably just strolled up and thought "well, that was easy". Such is the life of the simple spy.

KJTB

Ugh, it sucks that the medic precedure mask is so highly valued. Most people are asking for 2 hats for it... What the hell :-(

Well that was weird.

1) Unbox six crates (once Steam stops fucking up and lets me buy keys)

2) Get a can of purple paint in one of them

3) Attempt to paint hat purple, doesn't go

4) Purple paint disappears, hat remains unpainted

5) Key and crate suddenly appear, paint can reappears

6) Open crate, get a second can of purple paint

7) Paint hat purple, second can remains

Weird. I wonder if it'll revert back at some point.

Yeef

EmCeeGramr said:
Well that was weird.

1) Unbox six crates (once Steam stops fucking up and lets me buy keys)

2) Get a can of purple paint in one of them

3) Attempt to paint hat purple, doesn't go

4) Purple paint disappears, hat remains unpainted

5) Key and crate suddenly appear, paint can reappears

6) Open crate, get a second can of purple paint

7) Paint hat purple, second can remains

Weird. I wonder if it'll revert back at some point.
When you craft and/or trade something and it doesn't appear, but you still lose the items, immediately go to the store. You should get the items once you open up the store page (or die if you're in-game).

Yeef said:
When you craft and/or trade something and it doesn't appear, but you still lose the items, immediately go to the store. You should get the items once you open up the store page (or die if you're in-game).
It eventually went back. The extra can disappeared, and my hat became painted.

Weird though. TF2 has had a lot of issues recently. Stuff not appearing, servers losing connection all the time, loadout changes not taking effect, and ever since the update hl2.exe has been crashing a lot for me.

Bluth54

Are vintage items with strange levels worth any more then regular vintage items? I have a level 72 bonk (and a level 77 that I'm keeping for myself) that I would rather not use for crafting if it's more valuable.

Javaman

Boring update. This time multiple sentries are "probably" fixed...

Updating 'Team Fortress 2 Content' from version 180 to version 181

15.71% downloading ./orangebox/tf/bin/server.dll
40.02% downloading ./orangebox/tf/bin/server.dylib
82.55% downloading ./orangebox/tf/bin/server.so
100.00% downloading ./orangebox/tf/maps/graphs/cp_well.ain
100.00% downloading ./orangebox/tf/maps/graphs/tc_hydro.ain
100.00% downloading ./orangebox/tf/steam.inf

Hehe, Valve finally fixed the multiple sentry glitch. Get this...

If the engy switches ANY of his weapons, ALL his buildings explode

Shotgun to Frontier Justice? BOOM
Wrangler to Pistol? BOOM
Wrench to Southern Hospitality? BOOM
Pistol to Lugermorph? BOOM

What a terrible fix :/

Blizzard

Banned
balladofwindfishes said:
Hehe, Valve finally fixed the multiple sentry glitch. Get this...

If the engy switches ANY of his weapons, ALL his buildings explode

Shotgun to Frontier Justice? BOOM
Wrangler to Pistol? BOOM
Wrench to Southern Hospitality? BOOM
Pistol to Lugermorph? BOOM

What a terrible fix :/
That's...good to know instead of finding out the hard way. :lol

Also, I just tried to launch TF2 and Steam.exe spent like a minute crunching my hard disk without even updating the game. I checked the performance monitor or whatever and it was accessing the master NTFS table. I hope that doesn't mean my hard disk is dying. ;_; Restarting Steam got TF2 and L4D2 updated so hopefully it works now.

commissar

so I have searched the internets and can't seem to find a definitive answer on what the minimum system requirements for a lag-free* 24 player TF2 dedicated server is :[

Anyone have some experience/advice?

can it be done on a single core? does it need multiple cores? etc. the minimum :U

*ignore connection speeds, as that is sorted.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So I think I'm gonna name my flamethrower Christina Hendricks.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Yeef said:
That's a good idea.

Too late. My firey red hed now has her name.

And she performed well. Air blasted the fuck out of everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom