• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drkirby said:
I have an extra series 2 crate and a Powerjack, anyone want/need them? Still need the Mackerel, Mad Milk, Darwin's Danger Shield, Sydney Sleeper, Bushwacka, Black Box, and Battalion's Back-up.

I want the Black Box most of all, its the only one I can see my self using any time soon.

I can trade you a Black Box for the Powerjack, sure.

moojito

I was just playing as a spy on some CP map, I forget the name of it. Anyhoo, I saw a spy nest with 2 dispensers, a level 3 sentry, a level 1 and a teleporter. As I ran up to attack the engineer I saw another engy appear. My cloak was just about up, so I decided to just say sod it and go for the suicide attack.

I've no idea what the hell happened next, but about 10 seconds later I had 3 backstabs, all the buildings were destroyed with me getting sap kills for them all and there were another 3 or 4 corpses around the place taken out by teammates. I wish I had demod that! :D

Clydefrog

(._.) said:
I played one of the Artpass maps that won. One will definitely be added around Halloween like they did last year. LOVE the new Halloween map. It's a linear attack/defend map that has three points instead of two. It is also visually stunning, so much detail.

Are you talking about the map where you defend an abandoned mansion?

Blizzard

Banned
(._.) said:
Add the artpass maps now.
It's close enough to Halloween that we'll get the official versions if we wait a week, right? That just seems easier than trying to dink with the server files, but I guess we'll have to fix the rotation anyway.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Valve ether is bad at timing, or are trying to finish that new mode with this update. They have 3 days at best to finish everything.

Volcynika

Just wait for maps to be officially released, it'll be easier for everyone to have them so no one jumps ship when it goes to it on the rotation.

About half a year ago I was cursed with Hatless sniper as my first hat craft ever.

Last month I traded it for a Brigade Helm, which I traded for my Sombrero I wear now.

But part of me missed that sorry little hat. Part of me thought it was kind of funny I had it.

Today, I traded Gold Paint (which I got for 3 crates) for another Hatless Sniper. It's even vintage.

And part of me is now at peace. I think I'll hold onto it now. It's kind of so bad it's kind of funny, so I like owning it.

Yeef

My new master (Rock Band 3) says that I probably won't be playing TF2 much this week. I MAY jump off if a new, significant patch drops, but otherwise probably not.

Also, Hatless is cool on some classes and terrible on others. I like hatless Scout and Sniper.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Yeef said:
Also, Hatless is cool on some classes and terrible on others. I like hatless Scout and Sniper.
Funny, I was about to say I love the hatless Engineer

I think the dislike of hatless hats might stem from their backpack icons, if they would at least smile or something, jeez. They look like they were taking mugshots

Drkirby said:
Why is the Gaf Server empty!

Granary started and everyone left

Like the server I was just on emptied out as soon as Steel started, and I imagine every server empties out as soon as Egypt starts (I don't know if they do or not, because I sure as hell leave!)

Boonoo

So there's a new amazing trading website that's popped up recently. It seems really well done. Looks like a good place for fair trades, and you can also just browse and see what people are trading for certain hats.

tf2tp.com

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Oh god, people treat the Nappers like its worthless. I wonder how long till Valve starts retiring crate series.

I like how someone has "Vintage Napper's only." as the requirement.

Trading on the Steam forums is so odd sometimes

Some dude: Hey I got a Fez to trade, offer something!
Me: Milkman for Fez
Dude: No, include another hat please!
Me: Why? Polycount hat for Polycount hat, seems fair to me. I guess I can give you some scrap and a crate
Dude: Fez is cooler!
Me: The Fez's ability is pretty terrible, but the Milkman is pretty useful. I only intend to wear the Fez for style, so you're getting the better deal

And then radio silence.
Polycount hat for Polycount hat seemed like a fair trade to me :/

Also, I got my Milkman from crafted my previous post's Hatless Sniper with a Camera Beard I got for a Darwin's Shield.
So all in all, I got the Milkman for Gold Paint and a Darwin Shield. Hatless Sniper smiled from the heavens and blessed me.

Now to trade that hat for the Fez, which is awesome looking

Drkirby said:
But wait, you just complained about not having a Hatlass Sniper, now you crafted it away? You are so fickle.
Since I can get another for paint or something, I figured I should craft it.

I originall traded for a Camera Beard thinking I could craft it with my extra Alien Swarm hat, but that doesn't work, so I was stuck with an extra Camera Beard.

I may pick up Hatless Sniper again, but I'd prefer Master's Yellow Belt, which is like Hatless Sniper, but so much better.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yep, all the "cheap" ones went the first day or two, now they are valued quiet a lot. Whats odd is it seems it is so rare people want it just because it is rare and not because they like it.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Drkirby said:
Yep, all the "cheap" ones went the first day or two, now they are valued quiet a lot. Whats odd is it seems it is so rare people want it just because it is rare and not because they like it.

Vintage items anyone? I couldn't care less about the stupid things.

Boonoo

Drkirby said:

You're forgetting that Max's Severed Head is an amazing hat that looks wonderful on many classes.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Iadien said:
I was going for a complete set of items just before the patch hit, decided "Welp, might as well make it a complete set of vintage items"

There should be more vintage items than non-vintage ones at this point. Especially with hats.
The Hats for sure, but not that many people held onto large amount of items. It should only take a few months to even out, wish a site would compile the stats though.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Drkirby said:
Why is the Gaf Server empty!
Because the rotation has maps that include variety, albeit variety that people don't like.

Fuck, even I don't like staying when it's something stupid like Granary or Egypt. I dunno...Java, you want rotation or you want people on the servers?

Javaman

Kuro Madoushi said:
Because the rotation has maps that include variety, albeit variety that people don't like.

Fuck, even I don't like staying when it's something stupid like Granary or Egypt. I dunno...Java, you want rotation or you want people on the servers?

Well, I think the game is dying slowly anyways. The piss poor rotation doesn't help. I'll probably put it back on voting in a couple of days or at least pare down the rotation to a top 10.

corn_fest

Javaman said:
Well, I think the game is dying slowly anyways.
Might just be a seasonal thing, I know I've been much more busy with work and school lately.
I miss the summer when it was 24p until 4AM EST every night :lol

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
New update, fucking sweet! The art pass maps are added.

Valve said:
Engine (CS:S, DoD:S, TF2, HL2:DM)
Removed the rate limit for the "status" command when entered into the server console
Fixed an exploit that allowed people to send fake server messages to clients
Significantly improved engine vertex compression (large reduction in per-model memory usage)

Team Fortress 2
Added TF2Maps.net Art-pass contest winners:
Mountain Lab
Mann Manor
Halloween 2010 Event
Mann Manor is haunted by the Horseless Headless Horsemann.
Random gift drop in Mann Manor.
4 new Halloween achievements.
Added new Halloween hats.
Added a new Halloween weapon.
Added Gift Wrapping of gifts to the store.
Added Custom Description tag to the store.
Added the community created "Swamp Theme" assets, so all maps can use it:
See http://swamp.tf2maps.net/ for full details.
Updated cp_coldfront with the latest changes from the community creator (Icarus):
Improved visibility on last CP.
Moved second CP slightly closer to the attacker's side.
Added cover for players queuing up the health pack on the second CP.
Improved clipping on the zig-zag ramp to middle CP.
Teams that capture the middle CP are now awarded with faster spawn times.
Added a health penalty to the Rocket Jumper.
Added the Sticky Jumper for Demomen to practice jumping.
Fixed the Sandvich charge meter.
Fixed glows not drawing correctly when using antialiasing on some computers.
Improved the checks that trigger mp_scrambleteams_auto.
Added console commands to initiate trades directly (cl_trade/cl_trade_steamid) to help people running trading servers

Blizzard

Banned
Javaman said:
Well, I think the game is dying slowly anyways. The piss poor rotation doesn't help. I'll probably put it back on voting in a couple of days or at least pare down the rotation to a top 10.
Man, you should say it's dying more often. :D

Also, boo at health penalty to the rocket jumper. If it's for practice why would they make it even worse for a soldier? I guess they don't like people doing tricks. And ha at yet another sandvich change. Maybe they fixed still being able to eat a sandwich via taunt with no recharge time. :(

desh

Since they added a health penalty to the rocket jumper, I wish they'd add a speed bonus to it then.

I don't know if it would be OP, but I would love love love, a soldier with less health but could move faster (not the equalizer).

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Some of the Halloween Hats they added to the store look awesome, but £7 for a hat is still ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom