• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Ugh, there's no possible way to get everything from this update without spending some money.
Even the Halloween Masks are going to be a pain... well I guess we can at least trade masks now. But you'd still need to collect 18 masks if you want all 10. :\

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Anyone willing to lend their Saxton Hale mask to me until the achievement triggers? We'll trade with a collateral from me.

And yes, the achievement can be triggered even if you don't craft as long as it is added in your inventory.

And for reference, my Steam profile.

EDIT: nvm, I got it

Hugbot

(._.) said:
Do unusual scraps just drop? I saw some people just randomly get them. How many can you get?
afaik you can only get the one you get from the achievement, which you earn by melee-ing HHH as he is about to die. People that get one a few minutes later probably just didn't die until then. I was dead when I got the achievement so I ended up getting it while the next boss was alive and it confused a bunch of people.

(._.)

Banned
Guess I'll craft the sword then. You can easily buy those other hats for $10 which is a lot but you can't buy that reskin.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder which idea would be better. Try to get all 10 bags now, in that the normal 9 will be scooped up to make the saxton hat (Which right now is coded to be worn all year), or hope people off load them en mass after the event ends since you can't wear them.

Blizzard

Banned
Stallion Free said:
Yeah, and from the defenders side, it's frustrating as hell how the CPs seem to cap in less time than the previous one. The final point definitely seemed to go much faster than the first.
That's traditional for push CP maps, if I recall correctly. The middle point takes a long time, but as you get closer to winning, the points take decreasing amounts of time. I'm not really sure what rationale Valve used on this map, though.

At any rate, I like the map but a lot of its fun may be from the craziness, pumpkin bombs, and so forth. It's another map that is dark in some places for me, but that's more of a personal issue than a map issue I suppose. I like that there are multiple routes to get places -- even after playing for a couple of hours I still felt like I did not know the map completely.

As for masks, that is a lot of collecting to do. Does anyone remember how long the Halloween event ran last year? I only have two masks so far so I have a lot of collecting to do (plus this may be a busy weekend) unless someone just trades me the final mask and I then trade it back.

desh

I only have 2 masks also. I think the event runs until November 7. At least that's what the Haloween 2010 FAQ said on forums.steampowered.com

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think the two biggest problems is that there is a major choke hold between A and B, and it can be a bit tough finding my way out of red spawn still.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
The art pass winner version of the map is better than the manor version, if only because red spawn isn't so confusing to get out of at first. I also think it looks better, I hope it becomes popular once the halloween event is over.

Hugbot

Drkirby said:
I wonder which idea would be better. Try to get all 10 bags now, in that the normal 9 will be scooped up to make the saxton hat (Which right now is coded to be worn all year), or hope people off load them en mass after the event ends since you can't wear them.
My vote would be try to get as many as you can now without trading since there's a whole week in which to do it, then afterwards people might be more willing to trade off the class ones that they have in reserve. Pick some up as cheap as possible without regards to class and then trade around for the classes you need.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
It is going to be hell to get all the masks, since you need all 9 to make Saxton Hale, and then if you are OCD will need ANTHER 9.

Drkirby said:
You can only find one.

So you could technically craft one hat using the 4 Refined + 1 Halloween Scrap, but then never craft any of the others or the Axe no matter how much Refined you had stocked up. You pretty much have to use the store to get any of them.

Nabs

Drkirby said:
It is going to be hell to get all the masks, since you need all 9 to make Saxton Hale, and then if you are OCD will need ANTHER 9.
it took jenga 2 hrs to find all 9. took me about 30 min to get 3. i don't think it'll be that tough.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I must just suck at finding the gifts, I have only found 1!
So you could technically craft one hat using the 4 Refined + 1 Halloween Scrap, but then never craft any of the others or the Axe no matter how much Refined you had stocked up. You pretty much have to use the store to get any of them.
Well, you can gift the metal (Not trade, gift, there is a diffrence), so you may be able to get some people to gift you the metal to make the others. Or you could just cut to the chase and go right for the hats.

Depends on just how much value you have on having everything. I pick and choice, like I am not going to loose sleep if I can't get all of the promo hats, but I do want all 10 masks.

Hugbot

Drkirby said:
I must just suck at finding the gifts, I have only found 1!
If it makes you feel any better I haven't even seen one in-game yet. Played for around 3 hours last night and they'd get picked up before I could find them. I'm hoping as the week wears on I'll be able to figure out a few of the locations they spawn in to have somewhere to run to when the notice pops up.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I have seen 2. Really, if you don't spot it withen 5 seconds, I would just give up, since most of the time someone else would have gotten to it.

AcciDante

I'm trying to trade an extra demo hat I have (Tippler's Tricorne), and nobody will take it because it's not vintage. What is wrong with everyone!? There's just one extra word to a virtual hat that looks exactly the same as the others. Whoa.

Javaman

Nabs said:
it took jenga 2 hrs to find all 9. took me about 30 min to get 3. i don't think it'll be that tough.

I hadn't found shit yet.

FYI, server is on manor now with map time of 300min, 50 rounds.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'll give you my spare Nappers for it. As far as I can tell, the TF2 boards are USELESS for doing a trade. No one wants anything for a fair value. Much easier to just ask a few people in a server if they want to trade. If not, move on.

FYI, server is on manor now with map time of 300min, 50 rounds.
Good to know, I'll be on tonight. I still need 1 more bag of candy, and a few more Pumpkin bomb blasts. I also need more people to play spy so I can get custome contest!

Nabs

anyone looking for:

Battalion's Backup

Vintage Buff Banner
Vintage Huntsman
Vintage Flare Gun
Vintage Backburner
Vintage Equalizer
Vintage Scottish Resistance
Vintage Chargin' Targe
Vintage Bonk!
Vintage Axtinguisher

damn i have a lot of v. dupes.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Trying to get the unusual metal is going to drive me insane, I melee the crap out of him while he's dying and don't get it, and I hate the map. :lol =(

kenta

Has no PEINS
Nabs said:
anyone looking for:

Vintage Backburner
Vintage Chargin' Targe
I'll take these, sure. I can give you a name tag, dueling pistols or Shortstop for them. Beyond those, I doubt I have anything you'd want

Ultimatum

Banned
server is still passworded

I haven't got a single gift yet. Although I have seen one, but that time a pyro airblasted me right before I got it :lol I need the metal too, but on the servers I've been playing on, people just kill me while I try to run away... :/

anybody got a pic of the saxton hale?

Javaman

Ultimatum said:

I haven't got a single gift yet. Although I have seen one, but that time a pyro airblasted me right before I got it :lol I need the metal too, but on the servers I've been playing on, people just kill me while I try to run away... :/

We can just set a time to harvest it if you guys want. There's probably a player minimum (6?) but it shouldn't be too tough to make sure everyone gets it.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Nabs said:
i'll take a nametag
My Steam link is in my profile, add me. When are you able to make the trade?

Javaman said:
We can just set a time to harvest it if you guys want. There's probably a player minimum (6?) but it shouldn't be too tough to make sure everyone gets it.
Speaking of Harvest, is it in the rotation for the holiday?

Javaman

kenta said:

Speaking of Harvest, is it in the rotation for the holiday?

Nah, but any of the admins can switch it to that map. PM them or catch them on the server. They are listed on the MOTD when you connect.

Hugbot

Javaman said:
I am down for this, I think the minimum is 6 yeah. Though assuming it's ~5 minutes between spawns (which seemed about right last night but it might fluctuate depending on number of players, etc.), that's half an hour per rotation, though. Which makes it nearly five hours for just six people to get the first set.

Ultimatum said:
The wiki has one - http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Saxton_Hale_Mask

Brak

Ultimatum said:

Yeah, I've gotten 1 gift in about 5 hours of playing that map, but I did get the metal at least.

This isn't the greatest pic, but here's a list of all the new items if you scroll down.

Extending my hiatus....with the server shunning democracy (the only way for everyone to get what they want most of the time) and being addicted to Fallout New Vegas. :lol Hope no one misses me!

no one will. -_-

-Borsalino

Blizzard

Banned
Nabs said:
I played 3-4 hours and only got 2. One of them I think I even got by accident without even seeing it. I blame the people on the GAF server for being too good at finding things. :lol

rac

Banned
Finally the saxton is mine.
1sO2j.png

If anyone wants the achievement I'll be in the gaf server tonight.

Nabs

kenta said:
added. i'll probably play some tonight. if you see me on, just initiate the trade (i'll do the same)

Forkball

I played Mann Manor. It's a bit confusing, but there are some good areas. I also got an Engie mask from the random present that appears in the field, and a pumpkin head from killing the Headless Horseman (with an Engineer pistol no less). I haven't played Mountain Lab yet, but the screen shots look good.

I want to join, but my link to the GAF server in my favorites is gone and when I try to re-add it finds it and then nothing happens. I just want to play :(

(._.)

Banned
rac said:
Finally the saxton is mine.
1sO2j.png

If anyone wants the achievement I'll be in the gaf server tonight.
We get it if it registers in our backpack? Please help me get it tonight :)

I got that axe also, awesome reskin for the eyelander.

Clydefrog

sharkmuncher said:
I want to join, but my link to the GAF server in my favorites is gone and when I try to re-add it finds it and then nothing happens. I just want to play :(

open up your console and type: connect 68.232.178.184:27015

i only join servers through my console :shrug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom