• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

JADS

That was weird. I just got a trade thingy about having a new item, but there is nothing new in my inventory?

Edit: the new map is really, really nice.

Javaman

Server is updating right now...

85.30% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/weapons/c_models/c_bigaxe/c_bigaxe.dx90.vtx
85.30% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/weapons/c_models/c_bigaxe/c_bigaxe.mdl
85.30% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/weapons/c_models/c_bigaxe/c_bigaxe.phy
85.32% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/weapons/c_models/c_bigaxe/c_bigaxe.vvd
85.32% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/weapons/c_models/c_headtaker/c_headtaker.dx90.vtx
85.32% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/weapons/c_models/c_headtaker/c_headtaker.mdl
85.32% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/weapons/c_models/c_headtaker/c_headtaker.phy
85.34% downloading ./orangebox/tf/models/weapons/c_models/c_headtaker/c_headtaker.vvd

96.53% downloading ./orangebox/tf/sound/vo/halloween_boss/knight_alert.wav
96.55% downloading ./orangebox/tf/sound/vo/halloween_boss/knight_alert01.wav
96.57% downloading ./orangebox/tf/sound/vo/halloween_boss/knight_alert02.wav
96.65% downloading ./orangebox/tf/sound/vo/halloween_boss/knight_attack01.wav
96.73% downloading ./orangebox/tf/sound/vo/halloween_boss/knight_attack02.wav
96.81% downloading ./orangebox/tf/sound/vo/halloween_boss/knight_attack03.wav
96.90% downloading ./orangebox/tf/sound/vo/halloween_boss/knight_attack04.wav
97.02% downloading ./orangebox/tf/sound/vo/halloween_boss/knight_death01.wav
97.11% downloading ./orangebox/tf/sound/vo/halloween_boss/knight_death02.wav
97.28% downloading ./orangebox/tf/sound/vo/halloween_boss/knight_dying.wav
97.39% downloading ./orangebox/tf/sound/vo/halloween_boss/knight_laugh01.wav
97.51% downloading ./orangebox/tf/sound/vo/halloween_boss/knight_laugh02.wav
97.61% downloading ./orangebox/tf/sound/vo/halloween_boss/knight_laugh03.wav
97.75% downloading ./orangebox/tf/sound/vo/halloween_boss/knight_laugh04.wav
97.79% downloading ./orangebox/tf/sound/vo/halloween_boss/knight_pain01.wav
97.81% downloading ./orangebox/tf/sound/vo/halloween_boss/knight_pain02.wav
97.84% downloading ./orangebox/tf/sound/vo/halloween_boss/knight_pain03.wav
98.08% downloading ./orangebox/tf/sound/vo/halloween_boss/knight_spawn.wav
98.29% downloading ./orangebox/tf/sound/weapons/halloween_boss/knight_axe_hit.wav
98.41% downloading ./orangebox/tf/sound/weapons/halloween_boss/knight_axe_miss.wav

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Damn, got class tonight. Hope some of you are still playing at 9:00 MST so I can get in on some Halloween tf2 action tonight :lol

Hugbot

TF2 has an uncanny knack for coming out with a really cool update right when I start to bore with whatever game I'm currently playing (in this case, Reach). It is the best thing.

background.jpg

Javaman

@#$%

I can't get into the fucking server. There's no password prompt so it just shows bad password when I try to connect through a friend, server browser, or console. The server doesn't have a password mark on my server browser.

Edit: I think I found it... Type "password #####" at the console to set the default password

moojito

I wish steam wouldn't just go ahead and download huge updates like that. I have a download cap to worry about, and don't want big files coming down during peak hours :<

Javaman

moojito said:
I wish steam wouldn't just go ahead and download huge updates like that. I have a download cap to worry about, and don't want big files coming down during peak hours :<

Right click on TF2, click properties, Updates, Disable automatic updates.

Blizzard

Banned
Javaman said:
Right click on TF2, click properties, Updates, Disable automatic updates.
And then check later to make sure that it doesn't change itself back randomly after a day or two. I could have sworn Mirror's Edge did that to me. :lol

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Ok, so. I was on a random server playing normally. Out of the blue, some admins joined, changed maps, and started spawning COUNTLESS horseless headless horseman, but they would all stand still.

They would still fear you and attack you if you got close.

People started killing them, but it took a while. Then, out of the blue, they all started dropping like flies, being killed by the same guy (I'm guessing one of the admins).

A buncha of "haunted scrap metal" or whatever dropped soon afterwards, and the admin asked: "Did anybody get more than one haunted scrap metal? I'm guessing you need a bunch of them to craft his axe."

People said "no, we only got one each" (the people that got them, I didn't)

Not a word was spoken again on the subject.

So who's up for some exploiting? :D

Milabrega

Never got the Gored or Hallowned achievement after fighting and killing the horseman a bunch of times =/

Says I got the Hallowned achievement out of server in the recently earned ui though. So dunno what's up.

Boonoo

Javaman said:
@#$%

I can't get into the fucking server. There's no password prompt so it just shows bad password when I try to connect through a friend, server browser, or console. The server doesn't have a password mark on my server browser.

Edit: I think I found it... Type "password #####" at the console to set the default password

to connect with a password through the console you go

connect 68.232.178.184:27015; password XXXXXX

where those Xs are the password.

Blizzard

Banned
Milabrega said:
Never got the Gored or Hallowned achievement after fighting and killing the horseman a bunch of times =/

Says I got the Hallowned achievement out of server in the recently earned ui though. So dunno what's up.
I had the same thing. Once I quit TF2 and restarted, thanks to Baha's suggestion, I lost all the achievements but I could earn them again. I still have to find another gift (I already found two) but I got the pumpkin hat and the special metal.

(._.)

Banned
So far the new map and its reskin are pretty cool. Already played the Halloween version before its official release a week or two ago. Not feeling those $10 hats that don't have a bundel. Would make way more sense if they bundled all four with that sound thing for like $13. Gift wrap is kinda cool. Expect those golden wrenches and service medals to sell on Ebay now.

(._.)

Banned
It takes time like all achievements do. They aren't going to release an achievement that players can't get. I got it in about an hour. Most players on my server had it after three hours of playtime.

snack

Unusual Haunted Metal Scrap:

When crafted with 4 Refined Metal a random Halloween hat is created. These include: The Horrific Headsplitter, the Spine-Chilling Skull, the Voodoo Juju and the Cadaver's Cranium.

commissar

snack said:
Unusual Haunted Metal Scrap:

When crafted with 4 Refined Metal a random Halloween hat is created. These include: The Horrific Headsplitter, the Spine-Chilling Skull, the Voodoo Juju and the Cadaver's Cranium.
and all of them horrible

rac

Banned
Well the update ruined my painted tossle so I guess I'm going with baker boy for good. However I got someone to trade me their v. tower for a v. pile so the night wasn't all bad hatwise.

Sibylus

Banned
Best time of the year for TF2, as far as I'm concerned. Love the ghosts, the candy, the pumpkins, the themed maps, and the Headless Horsemen :D

Moobabe

Just got the axe!!

I missed Halloween last year and just got the achievement for collecting the candy that people drop - and the achievement still says you'll unlock a hat when you get it. Unfortunately I didn't - is the brown paper bag hat limited to last Halloween?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Really dont like the manor map at all.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Artistically both maps are incredible. Gameplay wise I don't like the design at all... and it was funny as hell when the Gaf server realized it was the same map for both SMH.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Stallion Free said:
Artistically both maps are incredible. Gameplay wise I don't like the design at all... and it was funny as hell when the Gaf server realized it was the same map for both SMH.

Yeah artistically they're amazing, but the Manor map plays pretty badly in my opinion. I think its the second capture point that I hate the most. Its such a shitty chokepoint if you're trying to capture it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
EatChildren said:
Yeah artistically they're amazing, but the Manor map plays pretty badly in my opinion. I think its the second capture point that I hate the most. Its such a shitty chokepoint if you're trying to capture it.
Yeah, and from the defenders side, it's frustrating as hell how the CPs seem to cap in less time than the previous one. The final point definitely seemed to go much faster than the first.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Stallion Free said:
I think the normal version is easier to play on though, I will have to wait for things to settle down a bit to really get a feel for the map.

And I need masks!

I missed Halloween last year and just got the achievement for collecting the candy that people drop - and the achievement still says you'll unlock a hat when you get it. Unfortunately I didn't - is the brown paper bag hat limited to last Halloween?
It may be. Ether the decription should change soon, or we will be getting our bags.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Oh, gifts will spawn on a server with at least 6 people. I wonder if Valve was super tricky and has the rate tied to the number of people playing to.

On a tangent, I hate how my school has deep freeze installed on the computers, since it effects my portable HDD. I have to reinstall the update! I'll just rereinstall it to the HDD when I get home tonight I guess.

Also, am I the only one who bought the noice makers? Looks like they were going to be sold individually, but decided to just sell the package, since the package price says its a 44% discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom