• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brak

Yeah, I got one for the achievement and I'm not interested in doing any more collecting.

I sorta played myself out on Mann Manor. I'm excited to play it once the gift mechanic is gone, and nobody needs the achievements for killing the horsemann. It'll be interesting to see what strategies people use on the map when they're playing it for real. How do you deal with the Horsemann if you're trying to cap/defend a point. That sort of thing.

I played Mountain Lab today

WOW that map is really nice looking. Lots of cool little details and plenty of fantastic scenic places.

When a map maker doesn't have to worrry about layout, they really go all out with style.

Also, just a note
the Headtaker CANNOT be crafted into a halloween hat using 2 refined. This was a rumor going around, and I don't want people burned thinking they can mess around with the axe and then get a hat.

(._.)

Banned
Drkirby said:
16 if you want to keep your full set!

I wish valve would just add on anther week right now :/
All those hats are probably going to be locked once this event is over. Wouldn't be surprised if they were deleted also.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
(._.) said:
All those hats are probably going to be locked once this event is over. Wouldn't be surprised if they were deleted also.
It's noted on the item description now if they're restricted to Halloween. They don't delete them.

Saxton Hale is the only one of the Halloween Masks that has no restrictions.

Blizzard

Banned
fallengorn said:
It's noted on the item description now if they're restricted to Halloween. They don't delete them.

It's unfortunate that the pumpkin mask is restricted, since it's the Coolest Hat So Far.

(._.)

Banned
fallengorn said:

I thought all of those paper bag masks had thr Halloween restriction. Either way my point which was unclear was that I don't you should let all those masks bother you. The average player wont be getting his/her hands on 18 mask hats during this update. You will only be able to wear the crafted one anyways. I would much prefer the backpack space.

Yeef

celebi23 said:
Kinda shocked that absolutely no one is on the server tonight :/
Rock Band 3 trumps all.

Also, most people are probably at Halloween Parties and otherwise celebrating. It is Friday night, after all.

celebi23 said:
I have a friend staying for the weekend and don't really want to be antisocial. OK, I'll admit I'm still posting on GAF, but at least I can have a conversation while doing this.

Volcynika

celebi23 said:

Was busy with Amnesia and getting the shit scared out of me.

Also, most people are probably at Halloween Parties and otherwise celebrating. It is Friday night, after all.

Gaffers having lives? Unpossible!

moojito

For you people trading, would a duelling mini game with 5 charges and a number of crates between 1 and 5 be something people would trade the spy fez for?

(._.)

Banned
moojito said:
For you people trading, would a duelling mini game with 5 charges and a number of crates between 1 and 5 be something people would trade the spy fez for?
No that isn't even close. Fez is top-tier hat plus most demanded of the Polycount ones. Will take you four refined + a class token to get one or two/three decent old hats. Metal for some reason has skyrocketed in value.

OMG Aero said:
I just found some green paint I don't want. Does anyone want to trade for it?
I also have a name tag I'm not bothered about.
I have some brown paint if you're interested.

corn_fest

Okay, I mistakenly crafted away my vintage KGB instead of my regular one. Anyone have a vintage one they want to trade? I only have L'Etranger, an Ubersaw, and metal right now.

Edit: Thanks Yeef!

moojito

(._.) said:
No that isn't even close. Fez is top-tier hat plus most demanded of the Polycount ones. Will take you four refined + a class token to get one or two/three decent old hats. Metal for some reason has skyrocketed in value.

Ah, that seems weird. It's four refined + either the gun or knife to craft one. I guess there aren't many bargains to be found via trading. Cheers for the info!

rac

Banned
Does anyone want to do me a favor, and trade their tossle cap + black paint for a tossle cap painted black? I don't like how the paint looks now but I still want some just in case they change it back.

SyNapSe

I hadn't played since the update until last night. I got the pumpkin head for killing the big guy by random miracle. I've never seen any of the gifts yet. Do they look like a typical birthday present type package? Do you just run up and click it? I saw tons of people find them via announcement but I never saw one in person.

Greyvvolf

Anybody got any extra Halloween masks that they want to trade me? I need a Pyro, Demoman, Engineer, or Sniper mask. I've got the Heavy and Spy mask to trade.

moojito

SyNapSe said:
I hadn't played since the update until last night. I got the pumpkin head for killing the big guy by random miracle. I've never seen any of the gifts yet. Do they look like a typical birthday present type package? Do you just run up and click it? I saw tons of people find them via announcement but I never saw one in person.

Yip, just a typical present box, it looks like. You just run into it, no need to click. I got one, and it had a silly engineer mask in it.

Yeef

Hazaro said:
I think someone said you need to hit it.

I melee'd and it popped right open.
That was me, but I was wrong. When it appears it'll be transparent for awhile. Once it goes solid it can be picked up. If more than one person is standing on it when it turns solid it'll pick one of them randomly to get the gift.

The first time I saw one I walked over it a few times and nothing happened then it turned solid when I melee'd it, so I thought you had to hit it to open it. It turns out you don't.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Greyvvolf said:
Anybody got any extra Halloween masks that they want to trade me? I need a Pyro, Demoman, Engineer, or Sniper mask. I've got the Heavy and Spy mask to trade.

I'll trade you an engie mask for a spy mask.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Yeef said:
That was me, but I was wrong. When it appears it'll be transparent for awhile. Once it goes solid it can be picked up. If more than one person is standing on it when it turns solid it'll pick one of them randomly to get the gift.

The first time I saw one I walked over it a few times and nothing happened then it turned solid when I melee'd it, so I thought you had to hit it to open it. It turns out you don't.
Yeah it was weird since when I hit the 2 boxes I found they immediately turned solid.
Coincidence I guess.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
To get in on this whole mask trading business, I need Pyro, Sniper, and Spy masks. I have spare demo and medic ones to trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom