• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trouble

Banned
(._.) said:
Will Valve get angry at me?
I would think, connecting to a VAC secured server and not using any client side hack/idling programs, shouldn't ever get you in trouble.

The server still needs 10 people on it to spawn gifts, right? Is this just a regular server where people are supposed to not fight and get/trade masks? Or are there some special settings?

corn_fest

Woot, got someone to trade me the other 8 masks I didn't have (had spy) for 1 scrap each! The bad news is, now I need to collect all 9 masks again! Anyone want to set up a time to look for masks?

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Hurray, finally got my Saxton Hale. Took a long time but I did it. Hoohah.
snack said:
I'd be interested. No wait, I don't MUAHAHA.
Of course I won't. Who'd be crazy enough to do that.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Anyone have Pyro mask for trade for either Heavy or Demo mask? Last one before I can craft the Saxton Hale.

...Then the process begins again. :(

Ketch

anyone else looking forward to the event ending and getting moutain lab thrown into the rotation with the rest of the maps? Dare I say it, hats be damned.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
EasyTGT said:
anyone else looking forward to the event ending and getting moutain lab thrown into the rotation with the rest of the maps? Dare I say it, hats be damned.
I don't know why the gaf server is just dead though, if its the event people are worn out with, just turn the Gaf server into a "No Manner Server"

Yeef

EasyTGT said:
Not especially.

It's not a very good map. The Halloween stuff is the only thing that makes it worthwhile.

Drkirby said:
I don't know why the gaf server is just dead though, if its the event people are worn out with, just turn the Gaf server into a "No Manner Server"
I FIND THAT RUDE!

Chinner

Banned
EasyTGT said:
im just waiting for the surge of scouts to decrease.

Yeef

Chinner said:
im just waiting for the surge of scouts to decrease.
I guess a lot of people are playing scout now to get the gifts more quickly.

I've been playing Scout exclusively lately, but just because I'm pretty close to getting "A Year to Remember."

MisterAnderson said:
I have a spare Engie and Heavy mask, and need a Soldier one to complete my collection. Anyone need any of those?

Need Heavy, and have an extra Soldier. I'll try to check back to this after work :lol

I have an extra Engie, Soldier, and Medic mask. I still need 2 Scouts and one Sniper mask (it'll make me craft a Saxton and also have all 9)

Also, I'll trade a Nappers to anyone for a 1 refined metal and a reclaimed or 1 refined metal and 2 crates.

desh

I need sniper and medic masks. I have extra pyro and soldier masks.

My steam ID is MUJU if anyone is interested in trading.

(._.)

Banned
Why are people collect the extra nine on GAF? You guys do know they will be completely useless in eight days along with the fact that they are all practically identical. ~_~

Hugbot

(._.) said:
Why are people collect the extra nine on GAF? You guys do know they will be completely useless in eight days along with the fact that they are all practically identical. ~_~
But I have to catch 'em all?

(._.)

Banned
Changed for the better imo. All you have to do is avoid the trading servers and trading forums and hardly anything is different.

Yeef

I've done very little trading, so maybe that's why it hasn't bothered me. I don't really care too much about hats and I've got every weapon in the game (except the sticky jumper, but that hardly counts).

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Javaman said:
I hate what this game has become lately.
If I wasn't a hat-whore I would second the sentiment. :(

It's one of those things where it sounds nice on paper. "Oh, wouldn't it be cool if there were random gifts that people can pick up?" but in reality it just turns a fair share of the players into whiney, gift hunters. (I include myself in the latter.)

That said, Valve definitely knew what they were getting into. Collect 9 hats to craft 1? They're just chumming the servers.

The last event was better. Dominate someone wearing the hat? You get a hat. Collect people's candy (which is not at all difficult given what Harvest is) and get a hat. It all revolved around actively playing the game. Stopping to search for a box or going out of your way to melee HHH intentionally takes everyone out of the game.

Yeef

I've mentioned this before, but I think the map should've JUST been about killing the HHH. Get rid of the CPs entirely and have the different teams score points based on the damage they do to him. Have him spawn 3 times, each time with higher health and speed. Also, instead of having the gifts spawn randomly (hunting is more an Easter thing, not really halloween) have the HHH spit 2 or 3 of them out whenever he dies. They'd also need to reverse the way the tagging system works. Meleeing the person who is 'it' should make you it. Being it would be an advantage since it'd allow you to lead the HHH back toward your spawn where friendly sentries are waiting and your team can rack up the damage points (and get the gift boxes).

Even as a normal map (mountain lab) the map isn't very good, but it's that much worse when you have half the people playing and half of the people doing the event stuff.

Mountain Lab is a very pretty map, but I find it really small for a 3 CP map, and has a lot of pointless hallways and stuff.

Also the fist point takes CENTURIES to cap.

Yeef

Milabrega said:
When does this damn event go away and we can get back to a good rotation on the usual servers?
The rotation has been back to normal, as far as I can tell, on the GAF server for like 4 nights now, but it's still empty every night.

(._.)

Banned
Yasae said:
*Looks at this thread*

Uh, right.
I'm not feeling this example. This thread is a terrible example of what trading has done. Far worse has been done to the TF2 section of SPUF plus people that are usually on 24/7 killbox idle servers are occasionally now on normal servers looking for stuff.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yeef said:
I've mentioned this before, but I think the map should've JUST been about killing the HHH. Get rid of the CPs entirely and have the different teams score points based on the damage they do to him. Have him spawn 3 times, each time with higher health and speed. Also, instead of having the gifts spawn randomly (hunting is more an Easter thing, not really halloween) have the HHH spit 2 or 3 of them out whenever he dies. They'd also need to reverse the way the tagging system works. Meleeing the person who is 'it' should make you it. Being it would be an advantage since it'd allow you to lead the HHH back toward your spawn where friendly sentries are waiting and your team can rack up the damage points (and get the gift boxes).

Even as a normal map (mountain lab) the map isn't very good, but it's that much worse when you have half the people playing and half of the people doing the event stuff.

Hmm...yeah that sounds like a neat new mode

Do the most damage to the boss. Though I hope any sentries focus on the boss first or he moves around a lot or there's cover for people though.

Yeef

Kuro Madoushi said:
Hmm...yeah that sounds like a neat new mode

Do the most damage to the boss. Though I hope any sentries focus on the boss first or he moves around a lot or there's cover for people though.
It already is its own mod[e]. The VS Saxton Hale mod. It's just replacing Saxton Hale with a bot instead of a player.

Well, the idea was to have sentries so you can keep the other team away from the boss, but if sentries focused on the boss they'd have to greatly increase his health. That and let him actually destroy sentries.

rac

Banned
If anyone wants to get the gaf server up and running I'll be there. I want to play just not on halloween event maps.

Blizzard

Banned
speculawyer said:
That Mann Manor map is weak but I still haven't managed to get gift yet. AAAaaargh.
I only have 3. I tried a server tonight with like 24 people, and didn't see a single one of the 8-9 gifts. Ah well!

Javaman

Yeef said:
Can you expand on that? It's become "not Rock Band 3," but other than that I haven't noticed any difference. :p

Fallengorn put it better then I could. The hat thing was a fun joke/distraction for a while, but now it's just getting to the point of the game focusing around it. Paid for items (crates :eek:P), people farming for masks, etc. My interest in the game is at an all time low lately. The server is up for renewal tomorrow and I'm going to give it one more month then shut it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom