• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinner

Banned
no i like back to the future because its good, as opposed to star wars which is bad.

you seen the screenshots for bttf game? looks completely own.

Ninja Dom

Is the GAF server still live?

I can't add it to my favourites list.

Sorry found it. 4.79.145.114:27015

The server address in the OP doesn't work.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Ninja Dom said:
Is the GAF server still live?

I can't add it to my favourites list.

Sorry found it. 4.79.145.114:27015

The server address in the OP doesn't work.
Yeah if you'd kept up with the history, there was a crybaby hacker so java changed the ip.

It'll be a nice way to end the month though. Java going DOWN and a new server rising from the ashes. I'll definitely be on the last day/wknd! Maybe we can grab Scizy and have ourselves a good old time.

Blizzard

Banned
Ookami-kun said:
Am I the only one who wanted, at least the Iron Kurtain, to have weapon properties? XP
If you really want a gameplay-affecting weapon to require paying $5... Unless it was craftable or something.

Yeef

Blizzard said:
If you really want a gameplay-affecting weapon to require paying $5... Unless it was craftable or something.
It is craftable for now.

Still, I'd like it if for cosmetic only-items you could somehow transfer the properties of other equipment to them. For example, if I want the Special delivery bonus but don't want to wear the hat I should be able to craft the milkman into some kind of token with its properties that I could then use on other scout hats.

Yeef

"Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars"

The first 3 Star Wars movies were alright, but it quickly got out of hand and now it's ridiculous. I really don't understand the fandom.

Yasae

Banned
Yeef said:
"Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars"

The first 3 Star Wars movies were alright, but it quickly got out of hand and now it's ridiculous. I really don't understand the fandom.
Yeah, I mean, there were so many movies like it 33 years ago. Just another run of mill adventure.

Twig

Banned
being unique doesn't make it good; it just makes it unique

and besides that, star wars is almost nothing BUT cliché, even back then - the only thing is has going for it is the setting

Yasae

Banned
Twig said:
being unique doesn't make it good; it just makes it unique

and besides that, star wars is almost nothing BUT cliché, even back then - the only thing is has going for it is the setting
Much to learn, you have.

Yasae

Banned
Oh my.

30ib9eh.png

Yasae

Banned
MNC said:
Well come on, open it up!
I did. So Left4Dead 2 now and was downloading Arkham Asylum all night ($10.20.) Just got Machinarium ($5.00) and Tropico 3 Gold ($7.50.) Previously got GTA IV and both expansions for $10 on D2D.

About to grab Guardian of Light for $7.50 off Gamestop. Very affordable christmas so far. Thanksgiving was good. Turkey came out great, had flan for dessert. Have to figure out what to gift Speculawyer now.

EDIT: Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyit, there's nothing he doesn't own! :lol

Blizzard

Banned
Nabs said:
Am I a bad person for idling? Text mode just makes it so easy. I blame Boonoo for showing me the ways.
Well you are evil and have no soul, but other than that nah.

At least you still have a desire to idle! I crafted weapons the other day, and realized that I was getting towards having enough CrazyBigMetals to craft my third or fourth crafted hat. And then I realized that I wasn't really sure there was anything left I wanted to craft. I no longer have any goals left in life.

I guess TF2 really is dead. :( I can't make myself be motivated about hats, and like 75% of the last page or two in this thread has been about Star Wars instead. It's time for HL2: Episode 3: Part 4 to be released so we have something new to play!

I'll probably try to do make an engineer class hat since I don't have one yet. And mostly I'm probably not playing because I've been working on something instead of gaming.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
So I got a nametag drop today, and now I've got to think of something really cool to rename. I want to avoid stupid stuff like "n00b pwnage" or such. Currently I'm thinking about renaming the Gunslinger to iWhack, iPunchYou or something like that.

Ideas?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
The_Technomancer said:
So I got a nametag drop today, and now I've got to think of something really cool to rename. I want to avoid stupid stuff like "n00b pwnage" or such. Currently I'm thinking about renaming the Gunslinger to iWhack, iPunchYou or something like that.

Ideas?
GODHAND :D

Yeah, I honestly wonder what the next update from Valve's going to be...I mean, they didn't even do the video for the medic and pyro yet either. More maps? More misc items? More mayhem!?

Yasae

Banned
The_Technomancer said:
Maybe rename the Sandvich to "Its juuuuust ham!"

.....nah...
Pastrami on Rye
Manwich
The Ruben
4 Dill Pickles and 5 Hours Later...
(In Mother Russia,) Sandvich Eats You
Brioche w/Turkey, Ham, and a Hint of Grey Poupon
The 3/4 Pounder
Knuckle Sandvich
Nice N' Juicy
Meaty is as Meaty Does

Kuro Madoushi said:

Seconded. Also get a Description tag and set it to "The god power keeps my pimp hand strong."

Kuro Madoushi said:
Yeah, I honestly wonder what the next update from Valve's going to be...I mean, they didn't even do the video for the medic and pyro yet either. More maps? More misc items? More mayhem!?

They had said they held back some of the planned Polycount items they were going to include because they fit a new mode better, but that didn't seem to be the case with the Halloween boss event, which I think you can only get to work by forcing it in console now, so maybe they've got something more permanent planned for soon.

The_Technomancer said:

Ideas?

Urine My Sight (Sleeper)
Jill Sandvich, Ham Solo (Sandvich)
You're Eternal Reward (YER)
Credit to Team (Razorback, Rocket/Sticky Jumper, Backburner)

I'm not sure if my Kritz suggestion would be allowed here on Gaf, since it's about Nazis.

The Technomancer

So I finally finally got my first random hat drop today after like a hundred hours in the game.

It was Texas Slim's Dome Shine. I didn't get a hat! I got the opposite of a hat, the anti-hat, a nega hat!

....anyone want to trade another engineer hat for the Dome Shine? :D

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The_Technomancer said:
So I finally finally got my first random hat drop today after like a hundred hours in the game.

It was Texas Slim's Dome Shine. I didn't get a hat! I got the opposite of a hat, the anti-hat, a nega hat!

9sgjfp.gif

corn_fest

Yasae said:
Let's hope corn_fest gets online sometime this century.
Eep! Sorry, I'm actually out of state on vacation until Monday! You are fucking awesome though <3. (I'll get you your BB or whatever!)

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
The_Technomancer said:

Also my first hat. I actually like the hatless Engie, although I now have the Hotrod as well.

Yasae

Banned
corn_fest said:
Eep! Sorry, I'm actually out of state on vacation until Monday! You are fucking awesome though <3. (I'll get you your BB or whatever!)
I saw that you wished for two, so...*shrug*

And Rich Man Speculawyer already has about 4 BILLION games he never never plays, so.. *shrug* I couldn't find anything on sale that he doesn't have.

The Technomancer

Ultimatum said:
This round of highlander is to be played on the maps pl_badwater and cp_steel.
Are we playing today or next sunday?
Is it still to late to get in on one of the highlander games? Probably, but I thought I'd ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom