• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
commissar said:
That config fixed the 10fps I'd get when itunes changes songs but broke my mouse too.
Also causes random lag spikes by about 150ms every now and then :(
How did you get it to stop looking bad bacon?

commissar

I turned off steam cloud updates, deleted everything in my tf/cfg folder then set up tf2 again and then turned cloud updates on again.

There's useful stuff in that config, just gotta trawl through to find it. Which will take sometime I think :/

anyway everything us back on max, net spikes are gone mouse is better though I forgot what my sensitivity was on so I'll be tweaking that for the next few weeks D:

and iTunes breaks my fps again.

Chinner

Banned
commissar said:
I turned off steam cloud updates, deleted everything in my tf/cfg folder then set up tf2 again and then turned cloud updates on again.

There's useful stuff in that config, just gotta trawl through to find it. Which will take sometime I think :/

anyway everything us back on max, net spikes are gone mouse is better though I forgot what my sensitivity was on so I'll be tweaking that for the next few weeks D:

and iTunes breaks my fps again.
you listneing to music while playing?

commissar

Chinner said:
you listneing to music while playing?
always. though I turn it down a bit when I play with you guys chatting on the mic.

edit: Twig the problem only occurs with TF2 running, and didn't occur on my last PC (while TF2 was running).

I've got a number of other more lightweight music programs but all of them are awful for searching for stuff.

n0b

commissar said:
I've got a number of other more lightweight music programs but all of them are awful for searching for stuff.

They aren't, you just like ugly dumb bloated programs or don't know how to play a musics. :U

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
For added funs, I added some scripts useful to me playing as a Pyro. Keys to hold down to switch to Slot2/3 while held down, then to slot 1 when let go, and a Axestingish key which sets off a badly timed combo of "Puff, switch to axe, swing ax" while the key is held down.

Anyone have a Fez and want a Milkman and a Reclaimed metal for it?

I haven't found anyone on the Steam forums or in actual servers who wants to trade. Because I already have a golden woopee cap, and the Fez looks awesome. The Milkman looks awful imo, but some people may like it for the pretty decent set bonus (if you can aim)

I really don't care about set bonuses. I like using Bonk and the Scattergun more anyway, and I hate YER, so I won't use it for Spy either. I just like the way it looks :p

Steam ID
http://steamcommunity.com/id/ballad

commissar

n0b said:
They aren't, you just like ugly dumb bloated programs or don't know how to play a musics. :U
no I prefer accessible programs which work globally with ease.

sure I suppose I could set up foobar with a plug in so that it accepts media commands when not active, and add a skin so it isn't horrible and add a search thing so it's better and add a plugin so it syncs with my ipod.
Or I could not because it's not worth it.

billy would suit me fine but as it is currently, it's not very good to use and I can't fix that as I can't program

so maybe I'll figure out why tf2 is cpu choking and that will help me fix world hunger or something

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
So I might as well ask here.

When I play TF2 about every 10-15 minutes (Sometimes never) I'll have the game hang for about 1-5 seconds (no repeated audio). sometimes it will display a connection error, sometimes it won't.

Is this a server fault? My connection fault? Something else?

It beats the driver crashes and blue screens I used to get, but this is a tad annoying.

Forkball

balladofwindfishes said:
As of currently, it's buy only

I seriously expect that to change though. They'll probably add it to a crate in the future.
Didn't Valve say they would never release anything on TF2 where the only way you could get it is by buying it in the store? Perhaps they were only referring to weapons...

Forkball said:
Didn't Valve say they would never release anything on TF2 where the only way you could get it is by buying it in the store? Perhaps they were only referring to weapons...

They gave a specific exclusion for cosmetic items that don't change gameplay. And keys, because they decided to be really clever with that.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Kulock said:
They gave a specific exclusion for cosmetic items that don't change gameplay. And keys, because they decided to be really clever with that.
Well, nothing you get with the keys has any effect on gameplay.

My spy stab alias macro thingy doesn't seem to work right. I think. It should stab, cloak, and disguise. Also, its nice to see the same macro to shot the shotgun when I play Pyro is good for the Spy placing sappers. Hold button down, walk past line of stuff, all things are now sapped without me having to mash Attack. yay.

Code:
//////////////
//My stuffs!//
/////////////

hud_fastswitch "1"
cl_showfps "1" // Show unsmoothed FPS meter

//Pyro Stuff
alias +QuickSwitchOne "slot2;+attack"
alias -QuickSwitchOne "-attack"
bind "SHIFT" "+QuickSwitchOne"

alias +QuickSwitchTwo "slot3;+attack"
alias -QuickSwitchTwo "-attack;slot1"
bind "ALT" "+QuickSwitchTwo"

alias +Axe "slot1;+attack; wait 60;slot3;+attack;wait 90"
alias -Axe "-attack;slot1"
bind "f" "+Axe"

alias +ConstantAttack "+attack"
bind "home" "+ConstantAttack"
bind "end" "-attack"

alias AirBlaster "slot1;+attack2"
bind "PGUP" "AirBlaster"
bind "PGDN" "-attack2"

//Spy Stuff

alias +SpyKnife "+attack;wait 1;-attack;+attack2;lastdisguise"
alias -SpyKnife "-attack2"
bind "MOUSE4" "+SpyKnife"
bind "PGUP" "AirBlaster"
bind "PGDN" "-attack2"

commissar

esc said:
I don't understand how bacon can find playing on the GAF server enjoyable with his ping. If I hit 80+ I leave.
bscly it's a good bunch of people and I don't really take tf2 very srs

also I used to play tfc on 56k so I'm well used to it

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Behold, the labor of 5 minutes, my Impromptu mic stand:
mikestand.jpg

Sing Star Mic > Broken $4 Mic

Forkball said:
So far keys, gift wrap, team spirit and presents are the only store-only items (and technically Mann Co hat).

However, given Team Spirit's popularity (it makes a bunch of hats look amazing), and the ridiculous prices it has been going for in trades, Valve will make it a crate item, or maybe even make it a rarish random drop.

Yasae

Banned
This dot here:

X: 457
Y: 583
Z: 700

Then this dot:

X: 480
Y: 580
Z: 650

Then this dot:

X: 521
Y: 585
Z: 634

Cha-ching! All shots hit.

Twig

Banned
My headset is poops. One day I'm going to invest in a good standing mic 'cause a) I don't have to wear some uncomfortable POS and b) they're just easier to deal with in general and c) I have a boss pair of headphones already anyway. :3

Remy

Sooo of course Valve has to update TF2 the weekend I go out of town before I can delegate shell access to anyone else.

New server has been updated, renamed to "NeoGAF Janky Ass Server 2.0", and is back up.

Yeef/Java - hit me on Steam chat so I can give you guys some shell access.

Forkball

So many of you are playing Poker Night. Are TF2 items really that important that you'd buy a game you'll probably never play again after you unlock all the TF2 stuff? ARE THEY?

Boonoo

Forkball said:
So many of you are playing Poker Night. Are TF2 items really that important that you'd buy a game you'll probably never play again after you unlock all the TF2 stuff? ARE THEY?

Probably, but from everything I hear Poker Night is a lot of fun.

Blizzard

Banned
Forkball said:
$5 for a few TF2 items is a deal though. Normally, $5 would only get you like 2 items, right? :lol

Boonoo

Blizzard said:
$5 for a few TF2 items is a deal though. Normally, $5 would only get you like 2 items, right? :lol

5 bucks for a hat, 2 misc, and 2 reskins. That's a goddamn steal right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom