• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
snack said:
I want to pick up those coins off the ground and use it to buy Chime.
1.25 and part of it goes to charity. NO EXCUSE.

Unless you don't have a proper Steam payment method atm.

Yeef said:

Wait, why don't you post in board game gaf?

enzo_gt said:
1.25 and part of it goes to charity. NO EXCUSE.

Unless you don't have a proper Steam payment method atm.

It's really fucking good too. Best $1.25 I've spent in a long time.

(the last record holder was probably also a steam sale purchase)

Yeef

I picked up AaAaAA, already had Fallout (but hadn't started it yet) and Undergarden only requires you play the demo. These ones are easy peasy.

Yeef said:
I picked up AaAaAA, already had Fallout (but hadn't started it yet) and Undergarden only requires you play the demo. These ones are easy peasy.
The Undergarden one is currently broken. Even playing the real game doesn't unlock it.

Hopefully they fix it soon, so I can collect my Bounty Hat

Yeef

Well, the Undergarden one specifically says "play the game or demo." There's no actual achievement, you just get the entry for booting up the game.

The AaAaAA!!! one requires the full game.

Yeef

platypotamus said:
Well then, upgrade from rarely to regularly! :D
Pfft. I only post when I play a new game/play a new expansion for a game. With any luck I'll be playing Pandemic for the first time tomorrow. If so I'll post then.

Ifrit

So... I just got the orange box, and I'm kinda new to steam. I have played some random matches of TF2 and I'm liking it, what should I do to play with fellow gaffers? I guess I should start with joining the gaf steam group, but what should I do after that?

Spiderball2.gif

EDIT: Now in gif form :lol

Yeef

The GAF server's been pretty dead lately. Mainly because people are playing sale games/treasure contest games. Lots of GAF people also play on the GG server so you can check that out.

Usually when the GAF server is busy there will be an announcement from the steam group to draw more people in. If you're in the group and you see a message hop on and chances are the server will have people playing.

Also, get a mic and/or headset. The GAF server is a casual/friendly place so all talk is on (everyone can hear everyone regardless of team or death status). There's lots of good conversation to be had.

Yeef

Chinner said:
id play on gaf server with you guys but you're yanks and you play at like 2-3 am at my time :(
Try hopping on in the afternoon sometime. The GAF server tends to have a snowball effect. There have been a few times when I've hopped on in the middle of the day just to test some settings then someone sees me on and joins, then other people see the server has two players so they join and the next thing you know the server is like half full (or better) in the middle of the day.

Ifrit

Yeef said:
The GAF server's been pretty dead lately. Mainly because people are playing sale games/treasure contest games. Lots of GAF people also play on the GG server so you can check that out.

Usually when the GAF server is busy there will be an announcement from the steam group to draw more people in. If you're in the group and you see a message hop on and chances are the server will have people playing.

Also, get a mic and/or headset. The GAF server is a casual/friendly place so all talk is on (everyone can hear everyone regardless of team or death status). There's lots of good conversation to be had.

I guess I'll try without one first if there's no problem
well I'm a good listener
,there's also the fact that english isn't my first language so it would probably be dificult for some people to understand me. btw how good are those servers? I have a crappy internet connection but I have been playing in servers with a ping around the 150 ms with 24 players pretty much without lag

Yeef

I prefer a headset, but a lot of people use desktop mics. Either way it doesn't really matter, just as long as you have something to talk into.

120ms isn't lagless, TF2 uses lag compensation so you generally won't see any lag on your end. Other people playing with you will though.

120 ping isn't so bad though. If you want to see what your ping is on the server just put it on your favorites list and it'll show the latency. (tf2.langui.sh)

Most people in the US get around 50~80 ping on the server from what I've seen.

Ifrit

Yeef said:
I prefer a headset, but a lot of people use desktop mics. Either way it doesn't really matter, just as long as you have something to talk into.

120ms isn't lagless, TF2 uses lag compensation so you generally won't see any lag on your end. Other people playing with you will though.

120 ping isn't so bad though. If you want to see what your ping is on the server just put it on your favorites list and it'll show the latency. (tf2.langui.sh)

Most people in the US get around 50~80 ping on the server from what I've seen.

Thanks for the info, I didn't know about lag compensation, I'll look into it. I'll try adding that server and see how it goes, I'm going without headset just cause my first language isn't english, so I don't think I can participate in conversations as much as I'd like, which is why that hasn't really been a priority

incase anyone was afraid to claim their bounty hat, thinking they couldn't get any of the higher hats, Valve has stated that the hat can be upgraded by simply reclaiming it. The old hat will be removed and replaced with the upgraded hat.

This means if you like the Bounty Hat more than the Treasure Hat, you can pick the one you want. You can't have both, though.

snack

balladofwindfishes said:
incase anyone was afraid to claim their bounty hat, thinking they couldn't get any of the higher hats, Valve has stated that the hat can be upgraded by simply reclaiming it. The old hat will be removed and replaced with the upgraded hat.

This means if you like the Bounty Hat more than the Treasure Hat, you can pick the one you want. You can't have both, though.
Damn, that sucks hard.

Yeef

Bah. I didn't even realize the hats were mutually exclusive. I'd assumed you would just get multiple hats (one of each that you reach).

Twig

Banned
no linking from this host

but yeah
Twisted Christmas Event Details

* Runs for the holiday season from December 14th to January 4th
* Free for everyone that owns Killing Floor – auto downloaded through Steam
* All new level – Santa’s Evil Lair
* All creatures in game replaced with Christmas themed monsters including the Gingerfast and the Nutpound
* More than double the achievement count with over 130 total achievements
* 13 new Christmas achievements
* Unlockable “Baddest Santa” playable character
* Red or blue Pyro from Team Fortress 2 playable character available to anyone that owns both Team Fortress 2 and Killing Floor
* Mr. Foster’s trademark gas mask and business tie as equipable items for the Pyro in Team Fortress 2 for anyone that owns or purchases Killing Floor before the end of the event
* All new difficulty level beyond suicidal – Hell on Earth
* Balance improvements

Holy Crap, the Demoman with chargin' targe and eyelander is ridiculously cheap on hightower.

Sniper on the perch? 'nade em.
Cart reaching the final terminant? 'nade em.
Cart going up the hill? 'nade em.
Sentries and attached engies? 'nade em
Scout around? Spam the 'nades cause it only takes one midair 'nade to kill them.
See a spy? Eyelander charge
In a tough zone? Charge out.

The only thing that the demoman has trouble with is pyros.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
TestOfTide said:
Holy Crap, the Demoman with chargin' targe and eyelander is ridiculously cheap on hightower.

Scout around? Spam the 'nades cause it only takes one midair 'nade to kill them.

Its a good thing I main Pyro!

Twig

Banned
TestOfTide said:

holy shit someone other than me figured out how to play sword 'n' board the right way o:

Blizzard

Banned
TestOfTide said:

Hello, my friend. They haven't finished nerfing Natascha yet! I'd like you to meet her. :D

Twig

Banned
Blizzard said:
Hello, my friend. They haven't finished nerfing Natascha yet! I'd like you to meet her. :D
i kill you with pipes faster than you kill me with natascha

use a real weapon

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
TestOfTide said:

Scouts...

Though if the person playing demo is a pubstomper, only a sniper can take them out.

Forkball

Chinner said:
sorry forgot waffleimages only works on sa
2m29itj.jpg
Pretty cool. I wonder if they just model it over the Pyro's face like a hat or does it replace the mask. Like if you die, will it fly off like hats do? This makes me wonder if they will ever do a "maskless Pyro" hat.

Blizzard

Banned
Yasae said:
Natascha and her low-damage-dealin ass. Pfft.
Well you presumably use it if the demoman is actually charges, because then it's hilarious (and they might even have the melee weapon out instead of the pipe bombs).

Also, don't worry -- even with Natascha's low damage, people like Boonoo complaining have apparently resulted in the 2-3 nerfed versions in TF2 beta. :p So you shouldn't have to worry as much in the future.

*cries for loss of lousy gun*

Twig

Banned
Boonoo's just mad because natascha is actually useful in comp play because nobody plays anything but scout because they don't know how to play real games. U:

Goon Boon

Banned
I just got two unusuals (green energy mining light + peace sign beanie )+ 5 vintage hats for my 1 circling hearts chieftain. I felt really bad so I asked him before we traded if he traded unusuals before and he said yes so i'll just imagine he really really wanted. :D

(ps dont blame me I let him take out his soldier medal D: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom