• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twig

Banned
Ookami-kun said:
Does playing in Guest Passes work? If so, give me one :D
Pretty sure you need to buy it.
* Red or blue Pyro from Team Fortress 2 playable character available to anyone that owns both Team Fortress 2 and Killing Floor
* Mr. Foster’s trademark gas mask and business tie as equipable items for the Pyro in Team Fortress 2 for anyone that owns or purchases Killing Floor before the end of the event
Buy it anyway; it's fun. (Although there might be a deal soon, so if you're a cheap son of a bitch, wait. You have until Jan. 4, which is about when the Holiday sale usually ends. How convenient!)

The "Partial Nudity" in KF, what does that mean?

Is it like the butts of zombies or something? Because now my little brother wants the game now that the Pyro is in it, but my mom has a policy that he can't play games that have any frontal nudity.

Chinner

Banned
oac0eu.jpg

2r53yw1.jpg

balladofwindfishes said:

Is it like the butts of zombies or something? Because now my little brother wants the game now that the Pyro is in it, but my mom has a policy that he can't play games that have any frontal nudity.
That and the fronts of sirens and stalkers. Of course, everything is deformed anyway. I'd be more worried about it being disturbing and gory.

Well, posting the pics without the censor bar doesn't look that bad. There's no nipples or anything like that.

Disturbing is no big deal to him. He plays L4D all day and loves gory games. He won't even let me turn the gore down on L4D, even though I hate gory games.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I got lucky as a friend who has a spare "gift" was able to give me his last one to me. Though I guess the Pyro hat will only come on around the 14th then?

Forkball

balladofwindfishes said:

Your mom will let your brother brutally murder horrific monsters that dwell only in the darkest corners of the human mind, but won't let him see a pair of tits?

Twig

Banned
Forkball said:
Your mom will let your brother brutally murder horrific monsters that dwell only in the darkest corners of the human mind, but won't let him see a pair of tits?
Yeah but if you point out the irony to Mom, then she realizes she's being silly and to make up for it bans him from ALL games.

better no tits than no anything

OR IS IT BETTER

what is life

without tits

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Twig said:
Yeah but if you point out the irony to Mom, then she realizes she's being silly and to make up for it bans him from ALL games.

better no tits than no anything

OR IS IT BETTER

what is life

without tits
philosoraptor.jpg

Remy

I would be really happy if we could go a day this week without a TF2 update. STOP VALVE THIS IS OBNOXIOUS.

Updating now, back up in 5 or so.

Remy said:
I would be really happy if we could go a day this week without a TF2 update. STOP VALVE THIS IS OBNOXIOUS.

Updating now, back up in 5 or so.

Team Fortress 2 Patch Notes said:
  • Shifted coins in Treasure Hat slightly to the left.
  • Altered shape of question mark for Hat of Undeniable Wealth and Respect.

And then of course,

Team Fortress 2 Patch Notes said:
  • Reverted change to Treasure Hat based on community feedback.

So, anyone going to be on the GAF server tonight? I feel like just going on it and sitting in it until someone else joins, just to see how long it would take...

Blizzard

Banned
Kulock said:
And then of course,
:lol :lol :lol

ACTUAL REAL UPDATE tonight:
Valve said:
Team Fortress 2 Update Released
Product Update - Valve
Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Team Fortress 2
Updated some files, for no reason whatsoever

Aww, beaten.

Also some new paints were added to the GCF

Pink as Hell
A Color Similar to Slate
Drably Olive
The Bitter Taste of Defeat and Lime
The color of a Gentleman`s Business Pants
Dark Salmon Injustice

snack

• Pink As Hell (Paint Can 15)
  • A Colour Similar To Slate (Paint Can 16)
  • Drably Olive (Paint Can 17)
  • The Bitter Taste of Defeat And Lime (Paint Can 18)
  • The Colour of a Gentlemann's Business Pants (Paint Can 19)
  • Dark Salmon Injustice (Paint Can 20)

paintsbyoctopie.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Anyone got an extra Black Box? I really want to get a hold of it, and am willing to trade a Battalions backup for it. Please? :(

Boonoo

Anyone else find a festive winter crate? Series 6, normal keys don't fit. But they say there will be a way to open it later.

Forkball

Whoa, the crates "expire" on December 31st. But it says we have to figure out a way to open them later. So will we be able to open them after the 31st? Or will they announce something sooner and we have to open it before the 31st? Either way, I bet some people are going to trade some crazy shit just to get their hands on those crates.

Also Valve made an official twitter page for TF2. Ok then.

Blizzard

Banned
I got a series 7 crate but no festive crate. I also got a heavy football helmet, but traded it to a guy who apparently only had the medic pointy hat. He seemed happy to get it. But now I have two pointy hats! Anyone want a medic pickelhaube? I would like a scout, engineer, or spy hat in exchange.

Yeef

Blizzard said:
I got a series 7 crate but no festive crate. I also got a heavy football helmet, but traded it to a guy who apparently only had the medic pointy hat. He seemed happy to get it. But now I have two pointy hats! Anyone want a medic pickelhaube? I would like a scout, engineer, or spy hat in exchange.
I'll give you a football helmet for it.

Twig

Banned
Blizzard said:
I'll give you my hand in marriage. Is that worth a pickelhaube?

It's a shame they actually accomplished something with this update, just for a moment there I thought GAF was getting a world-class trolling from Valve. :lol

I have a feeling the Christmas crates are going to be openable with either A. Cheaper Keys, or B. Free Keys, maybe earned in a similar way to the presents in Mann Manor (but hopefully not as rare). That's why there's a time limit on the crates, it's a holiday gift to the players.

Anyone here got some time and can help me with getting few achievements? Missing milestones on some class so going for that, not a lot of things left, some easy achievements and shouldn't take long.

Evey achievement server I get into got some asshole on bot team killing everyone, and I don't know how to create my own with bots to get specific achievements :|

Yeef

I'm thinking in order to open the Christmas crates you're going to have to either give away the crate or receive some kind of special opener that only works once it's been gifted to someone.

Yeef

Revolutionary said:
...or... you know... open them on Christmas.
It wouldn't make sense to have them expire on the 31st if you could only open them on the 25th. Also, I'm sure fewer people would be playing on a holiday.

Yeef said:
It wouldn't make sense to have them expire on the 31st if you could only open them on the 25th. Also, I'm sure fewer people would be playing on a holiday.
Maybe they'll be openable from the 25th until the 31st, then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom