• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

I got my bounty hat and festive winter crate today. Now I have to wait for whatever evil plan Valve comes up with to unlock it.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Hey guys.

I have, allegedly, the rarest item in TF2, the Vintage Portal Companion Cube Pin.
Here's more info on how I got it: http://blog.pikimal.com/geek/2010/11/29/thanks-valve/

Anyway, since receiving this, I've had countless friend requests and offers for the pin, some up to $300. I'm pretty sure it's against Valve's policy to sell the pin, but I didn't want to, anyway. That being said, I'm pretty damn terrible at TF2 and really don't put it to good use.

So, I had the idea of auctioning off the pin with 100% of the proceeds going to a charity of my choice (probably Child's Play). Do you think this is something that Valve would allow?

corn_fest

Dacvak said:
Hey guys.

I have, allegedly, the rarest item in TF2, the Vintage Portal Companion Cube Pin.
Here's more info on how I got it: http://blog.pikimal.com/geek/2010/11/29/thanks-valve/

Anyway, since receiving this, I've had countless friend requests and offers for the pin, some up to $300. I'm pretty sure it's against Valve's policy to sell the pin, but I didn't want to, anyway. That being said, I'm pretty damn terrible at TF2 and really don't put it to good use.

So, I had the idea of auctioning off the pin with 100% of the proceeds going to a charity of my choice (probably Child's Play). Do you think this is something that Valve would allow?
I think they would support that. They supported a few of the golden wrench owners deleting their wrenches for charity, so I would say go for it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dacvak said:
Hey guys.

I think you should contact Valve about this, get some publicity out, to hopefully increase the amount that goes to charity if more potential bidders see it. Definitely contact Valve.

Yeef

Dacvak said:
Hey guys.

Sounds like a great idea. Do it!

snack

Dacvak said:
Hey guys.

Companion Cube Destruction for Charity! :D

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
snack said:
Companion Cube Destruction for Charity! :D
"You euthanized your faithful Companion Cube more quickly than any other test subject on record. Congratulations."

Twig

Banned
enzo_gt said:
I think you should contact Valve about this, get some publicity out, to hopefully increase the amount that goes to charity if more potential bidders see it. Definitely contact Valve.
This. I'm sure they'd be all for it, as long as you explain. I don't think they really care about selling items in the first place, but always best to play it safe AND you get more publicity if they decide to post in on their blog.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Twig said:
This. I'm sure they'd be all for it, as long as you explain. I don't think they really care about selling items in the first place, but always best to play it safe AND you get more publicity if they decide to post in on their blog.
Yes.

Also take a screen of you with it over some TF2 map that has fire.

$5,000 insta.
Personally I'd put it towards food charity.

Clydefrog

pineappleislookinggood.png

dat

G7CZ9.pngpng

Drkirby said:
Yep, I'll give you one. What is your ID, I don't see you on my friends list.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/ballad

EDIT: Just looked it up. You don't get the TF2 promotional items with a KF guest pass, but you get the Pyro in KF if you use the guest pass. I don't really need it then, as I honestly just wanted it for the item.

EDIT PART 2:

Okay, so the Christmas update is coming very soon. In the Christmas update are going to be a Misc Scarf for Scout, a Max Reindeer horn for Pyro, and a blizzard making machine backpack misc item for Engy. Also the update will include various items from Swizzle (probably his Medic or Demoman Polycount pack). More info is coming in.

These people all got emails stating those items are going to be included in an update probably coming this week.

These items will most likely not be in the christmas crates, but will most likely be randomly droppable. Their emails specifically state they're adding them to the Mann Co store.

EDIT PART 3: A recent media tester of Portal 2 was shown a preview of Meet the Medic. It is finished and coming soon.

Something big is going down for Christmas. I'm excited!!!

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
JESUS CHRIST A NEW MEET THE VIDEO? OH MY GOD SOMEBODY BRING MY MEDICATION ASDJKNASJKDNAS.

Jangaroo said:
JESUS CHRIST A NEW MEET THE VIDEO? OH MY GOD SOMEBODY BRING MY MEDICATION ASDJKNASJKDNAS.

It'll be nice to actually hear some new Medic lines in-game too. I wonder if Robin Atkin Downes had trouble matching the voice he did over three years ago.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Dacvak said:
Hey guys.

Yes.

But before you do, could I borrow it and taunt people on trade servers?

On a very minor note, the older community weapons are going to be added to the store next update. So if you really had a hankering to buy a Tribalman's Shiv, there will be your chance.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Oh boy, now I to can own such wonderfully useful items like the Dalokohs Bar.

Yet if they added a sparkle effect to them, they would sell like hot cakes :lol

Chavelo

Hey guys, what's going on her-

/reads

WHAT IN THE BLUE FUCK WHAT THE WHAT MEET THE MEDIC OH SHIT SON OH MY GOD OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

/tears of joy and blood

RaptorJesus.gif

/cleans tears and is blind

Hey, Dacvak. You should contact Valve about it first. If we happen to know how they're like, they'll be stoked about your charity auction and prolly do something on the blog.

balladofwindfishes said:
On a very minor note, the older community weapons are going to be added to the store next update. So if you really had a hankering to buy a Tribalman's Shiv, there will be your chance.

I'm new to the TF2 thread here, how do you know what you know? Just curious.

Here's the SPUF thread where I got the Meet the Medic info, btw

Here's a video of Engy's blizzard making machine
It's awesome
. Too bad it'll probably be a misc item and not a secondary item.

demosthenes said:
I'm new to the TF2 thread here, how do you know what you know? Just curious.
Swizzle, the maker of the Pain Train, got an email about Valve putting the Pain Train in the shop, and posted it on the Polycount forums, which I lurk in to see what newest TF2 creations might be put in the game.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I don't like how the videos don't give a good look at how they will really look to the average player. They need to be zoomed out and the camera stuck in place, maybe moving the pov around to keep an eye on the engineer.

So about Meet the Medic

It doesn't seem, from what I read, that it's entirely done. It probably won't come with the Christmas update coming most likely tonight, so don't get too excited.

what was shown to Portal 2 playtesters was a very rough sample, and didn't wasn't entirely animated. A lot of it was storyboards with subtitles.

Yasae

Banned
Finally got new internet. Went from ~3 mbps down to about 20 mbps. Also not running off 4G so no crazy latency.

I remember the days of FEAR Combat with 10MS ping. I remember.

Forkball

The new Polycount items may be any of these according to Swizzle who got an e-mail from Valve saying they will be putting more of his stuff in TF2:

6y9UH.png

I hope the grenade launcher replacement makes it; it's the only weapon (besides sappers, which don't really count) that doesn't have a replacement yet.

I am new to PC gaming and installed TF2 three days ago. I've played a little bit and absolutely love it. Is there a GAF group? I'd like to play with other GAFfers, but I suck still, so...yeah :p

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
dragonlife29 said:
I am new to PC gaming and installed TF2 three days ago. I've played a little bit and absolutely love it. Is there a GAF group? I'd like to play with other GAFfers, but I suck still, so...yeah :p
Check last? Page for the gaf server and group

Twiggy where are ya?

Forkball

I haven't played on the new GAF server yet. I have it favorited, but I never see anyone on. It seems to be active since the last map always changes, but I can't seem to catch it when it's active.

So for reasons unknown to me, a fake update I made up back around the Halloween update is making its rounds around SPUF as a "leaked" holiday update. I made it months ago and I guess someone copied and pasted it to a text document or something.
See this
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1655274

and then look at this
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=18475504#post18475504

No credit given to me of course :/

This is the third time someone's posted it, and it's been a different person each time...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's worth it for the Medic Hat alone, which singlehandedly trumps every other medic hat in the game thus far. Not a tall order, but it's a sweet looking hat.

Also, anyone know if I can get the TF2 items from a guest pass in Killing Floor?

EDIT: Ballad, didn't see your post. Damn, I guess you don't.

So that was a fun game of pyro volleyball earlier this afternoon. We should do it more often.

Also, while that ExplodingRepairMan guy who was on this evening was kinda annoying, he did bring up a good point: this new server needs more admins. With the old server there was always at least 1 admin on, but with this new one we'll often have games going with no one to kick people who get annoying.

Yeef

Weird that Meet the Medic is coming next since they said awhile back that they were working on the Pyro and it would probably be next. Either way, more meet the team videos are great.

I play with weather effects off, so the blizzard machine doesn't interest me. The rest of that stuff does though. Meat Tongs look awesome.

Yeef said:
Weird that Meet the Medic is coming next since they said awhile back that they were working on the Pyro and it would probably be next. Either way, more meet the team videos are great.
Naw, Pyro has to be last! Got to preserve its mystery and all that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom