• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone want a Handyman's Handle? I really don't need two.

200px-Pyro_Handyman%27s_Handle.png

jediyoshi

4 festive crates later, 2 jags and 2 back scratchers ]: (although back scratcher is great for medieval). my only christmas drops are 2 brass beasts and that was after i finally crafted my own ><

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
BloodySinner said:
Two hat finds in one hour... What's going on, Valve?
I found a hat last night to. Maybe Valve increased the hat drop rate :eek:

All, FREE KEY! The Stocking Stuffer Key, can open any Crate!... I got a Fist of Steal :(

But one free Key for every man, woman, and child. I wonder if the key will become a valuable collectors item, it doesn't seem to expire, but everyone may just get one.

Yeef

I found a hat too.

Then uncrated a Christmas tree.

Also, other than the Caber none of the weapons I'm missing interest me enough to use 2 refined on them. If anyone has two sandmans they want to give me (or the Bloody Basher and the Caber) that would be awesome.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
balladofwindfishes said:
By the way...
This guy got emailed by Valve a few days ago about his icons, so we'll probably be getting his new kill icons soonish (probably after the holiday).

EDIT:
Got a Fists of Steel, just one more item left to get before I have everything from this update! Come on random drop fairies, give me some steak!
I still need the Mad Milk from the last update. I also had poor luck with my Festive Crates, I bought a Winter Key for my second one, and got a Rake!

drop 1: candy cane
drop 2: festive crate
drop 3: KGB
drop 4: caber

come on random drops, stop being uncool and give me some fresh steak. I thought people would be trading the steak for the candy cane or caber, but I guess I was wrong.

:/

...oh yea, and I found all 4 of those in a half hour of playing. Drop 1 and 2 actually came at exactly the same time, because I had lived for about 6 minutes as Fist of Steel Heavy (because he is pretty much immortal).

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Started to idle again. It's so disheartening to wake up and find the same items over and over again. But I did get a Pugilist's Protector and unboxed a Pyromancer's Mask!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You know, as a thought, the new keys are going to kill the value of crated items even more. The Festive Tree may be common enough to get cheaply :D

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I think the Festive Tree looks awful. The other Christmas hats are nicer.

Surprised they didn't go for Santa and elf hats.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
balladofwindfishes said:
By the way...
This guy got emailed by Valve a few days ago about his icons, so we'll probably be getting his new kill icons soonish (probably after the holiday).

EDIT:
Got a Fists of Steel, just one more item left to get before I have everything from this update! Come on random drop fairies, give me some steak!
This is something that really irked me about the last update, the lack of kill icons. These look fantastic though. They're so well done. Community FTW.

Forkball

I've only seen one guy with the reindeer horns. Double drop week sounds crazy. Dammit Valve, I have other games to play. THAT YOU SOLD ME.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I would like drop capless week, give me a reason to own 1000 backpack slots!

But I am slowly getting all the new items. Got the Brass Beast and Boston Basher to drop, and have some more Polycount weapons.

I hope the new sets not needing the hats means they will take away that requirement from the old one. I want to wear my other hats!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I have a feeling an Engy set would go over really, really badly. Unless the medieval engy builds trebuchets. Only and only if.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Haha, I think Valve just made my brother's christmas. He used his free key on a regular crate and opened up the Milkman, the one hat that he wanted above all others. He's positively gleeful.

Woot! I got Brass Beast as a random drop.

Too bad I trade my festive crates, now that I have a festive key. :lol

Edit: I heard that if you open your crates on Christmas Day, your chances for unusual items increases; is this true?

Sgt.Pepper said:
Woot! I got Brass Beast as a random drop.

Too bad I trade my festive crates, now that I have a festive key. :lol

Edit: I heard that if you open your crates on Christmas Day, your chances for unusual items increases; is this true?
Festive Crates have a higher chance for an unusual, but other than that, I doubt it.

(._.)

Banned
fallengorn said:
I think the Festive Tree looks awful. The other Christmas hats are nicer.

Surprised they didn't go for Santa and elf hats.
Yeah, tree is a disaster. Really not feeling all this holiday themed stuff. Just the tree as a drop for everybody would make sense but a candy cane and all that other stuff is just lame.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Opened a festive and got metal fists :[
I already had those :[
:[
:[

I did get a Brass Beast though, so that's cool.

Forkball

I still have my key. I traded my Festive Crate for a Jag a while back. I'm hoping for a new festive crate, but I do have a series 9 crate I can fall back on. God, I can't believe I'm actually talking about crates I want. Damn you Valve.

I got about four or five drops today, the interesting ones being the Candy Cane and the new Demo sword.

Twig

Banned
Last Halloween update was fucking awesome.

This Halloween update was fucking horrible.

And now this Christmas update just makes me not want to play.

Sad.

Remy

Patch just hit, updating the server now...

The Blighted Beak is now a misc slot item.
The Buffalo Steak Sandvich's speed boost no longer stacks with other speed boosts.
The Rocket Jumper and Sticky Jumper now have no max health penalty, and have damage vulnerabilities instead.
Duel fixes:
Duels can no longer be initiated when the round is not fully running.
If you challenge someone that has already challenged you, the duel is automatically accepted.
Fixed an issue where a dueling mini-game item was marked in-use even though the duel was rejected.
Duels are now refunded if a server plugin forces a participant to switch teams.
Loading screen:
Only shows the duel leaderboard if you've been dueling, or if your friends have been dueling.
Shows your personal stats whenever it's not showing the duel leaderboard.
Custom hitsounds:
Must now be specified by replacing the 'tf/sound/ui/hitsound.wav' file.
Can now be used under sv_pure 1/2.
Improved performance on Degroot Keep.
The "Fabricate Class Headgear" recipe no longer has a chance of creating all-class hats.
Fixed spectator mode sometimes ending up in a state where you were half-embedded in your spectator target.
Fixed a bug in the Kritzkrieg’s animations.
Fixed round restarts not cleaning up weapons correctly for a frame (fixes a variety of weapon attribute issues, such as players having less health or less ammo than they should)
Fixed painting issues in several of the Australian Christmas hats.
The Sniper scope is now visible when viewing First Person Spectator mode on a zoomed Sniper.
Medieval Mode's auto-roleplay now ignores text beginning with '!' or '/' (so SourceMod commands aren't modified)

And we're back up.

tf2.langui.sh in case you forgot!

Remy

Yeah, I think this was a new smaller patch. Those notes didn't line up with what the server downloaded (the medic crossbow redownloaded, among other things) - it was like 1.5 MB for the client and I don't think the server was much more than that.

Blizzard

Banned
Lionheart1337 said:
He played hundreds, if not MILLIONS, of hours, and is now trying to find a job and win life as well as TF2. :)

In game news tonight, I have almost completed my set of new items, though I still want to trade someone for the rocket jumper and sticky jumper eventually. I also need a scottish resistance and sniper shiv at some point.

Finally, I probably shouldn't publicize this (sorry fellow spies :p), but as far as I could tell two glitches/features are true about spy: One, if you have the dead ringer equipped, regardless of what your current state is (at least on the 2fort server I was on), you will get instaspawn. Otherwise you get normal spawn times. Maybe it was just coincidence, but I think I heard someone else mention it, perhaps on the new GAF server.

Secondly, the dead ringer really does become super quiet with the eternal reward, even without the fez hat. That, or people were totally deaf. Some people turned around at unfortunate times, but I don't think I ever saw anyone blatantly appear to hear my decloak sound, and I could do things like run up right behind a heavy while the decloak wore off (complete with loud sound), and stab him before he noticed anything.

Forkball

It's amazing how many people ignore the spy decloaking sound. Sometimes if the Dead Ringer sounds goes off, everyone is alert, but many times they just go about their business.

(._.)

Banned
worst team of all time

2qvxmra.png

Twig said:
Last Halloween update was fucking awesome.

This Halloween update was fucking horrible.

And now this Christmas update just makes me not want to play.

Sad.

All these updates are all focused around us buying something. If I wasn't such a dumbass with my money I would have hated this last update.

Finally got a steak.

Now I have all the weapons, even all the promotional ones.

I also got a Madame Dixie and a Coupe De'Distator for a Chieftain's Challenge and Handyman's Handle.

So I think I'm done with trading for awhile now. Feels good to be free from item drops and trading :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom