• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
BloodySinner said:
Double Drop rate my ass. I only found 9 items since the event started. I've got an extra Claid Mor if anyone is interested.
I've got an extra Fists of Steel or Candy Cane if you need either.

Being Spy in Medieval mode is so fun :D I love backstabbing snipers. I'm using him more now because I got Cloak and Dagger and Your Eternal Reward at the same time a while back :eek: I also got Dead Ringer so I'll have to test it out sometime.

(._.)

Banned
The_Technomancer said:
I really want a damn Eternal Reward. Does it combo with the Dead Ringer as sickly as I think it would?
Yes, DR has always been the watch of choice for master spys and it totally completes the set.

Blizzard

Banned
The_Technomancer said:
I really want a damn Eternal Reward. Does it combo with the Dead Ringer as sickly as I think it would?
It works especially well since the cloak sound seems reduced so much like I mentioned. It's practically COMPLETELY silent if you have the fez in addition, as far as I know.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
BloodySinner said:
Double Drop rate my ass. I only found 9 items since the event started. I've got an extra Claid Mor if anyone is interested.
To be fair, what was meant was that the drop rate cap was was doubled for this week.

Yasae

Banned
The_Technomancer said:
Yes. It totally gets rid of the extremely loud decloak. And yes, I'm saying a knife affects the watch decloak noise, not just that it gives silent kills. It's very easy to just sit in a corner, decloak, and stab away with cloak and dagger or the invisible watch either way, though, because nobody can hear you making kill after kill after kill. That's why it needs to be nerfed - but of course it won't be.

I don't even know why they have the Saharan Spy set to reduce decloak noise, you don't need it at all with ER equipped.

EDIT: Silently decloak, backstab engineer fast, sap sentry without having to even change disguises. One of the more recent patches made it to where sentries won't target you if you auto-disguise quick enough.

A bit on the easy side if you ask me, hmm... I guess I'll see when I craft it.

EDIT: These ho-ass posters above me won't admit it has silent decloak because they want to use that as an advantage. :lol

EDIT 3: Also, the medic's healing gun does NOT deactivate on a "newly replaced" target. Cheap bullshit.

Dreavus

I just realized that there is a hat sale. I'm tempted to drop 2 bucks on a Hotrod for my Engie in lieu of getting a few keys because I am sorely lacking in the hat department. The only hat drop I've ever gotten (that's not all-class/promotional like halo, alien, or bounty hat) was the Officer's Ushanka for the heavy. For a while there I was trying to scrap enough metal together to make a random one, but I've only just now hit 1 refined, and it's gonna be even longer now that I don't want to throw new weapons away for scrap. :p

I could do 2 bucks, I think. $7.50? not so much. :lol

EDIT: I was going to grab my brother a viking hat (he doesn't play much, but when he does, he's 95% soldier) but it's 2 bucks to GIFT something to someone? Sucks. :(

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think I hit the drop cap without idling. This can't be right.

Only need the Brass Beast/Loch'n'Load now, then I can work on getting all those old Polycount weapons that I haven't got yet :lol

enzo_gt said:
I think I hit the drop cap without idling. This can't be right.

Only need the Brass Beast/Loch'n'Load now, then I can work on getting all those old Polycount weapons that I haven't got yet :lol
I got a spare Brass Beast. I can login anything.

Edit: You got me in your friend list, just send me a message through Steam.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looks like some more things are on the way, one of which will likely get a lot of hate IMO.

One is a Medigun that makes the Medic Move Faster when healing a Target faster them him (IE, Keep up with a fast heavy or a scout), but it can't over heal.

The other is "weapon socket items, items that power up a specific attribute."

Edit: Oh, in case anyone cares, you charge slightly farther with the new Demo Sword then the other weapons.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Drkirby said:
Looks like some more things are on the way, one of which will likely get a lot of hate IMO.

One is a Medigun that makes the Medic Move Faster when healing a Target faster them him (IE, Keep up with a fast heavy or a scout), but it can't over heal.

The other is "weapon socket items, items that power up a specific attribute."
Link?

I thought you were going to say paintable weapons as the one that will get lots of hate.
Which is also pretty much on the way.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
enzo_gt said:
Link?

I thought you were going to say paintable weapons as the one that will get lots of hate.
Which is also pretty much on the way.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1675497

"CI_T_G" "Gadget Token"

"TF_Unique_Logo_Shield" "Heraldic Targe" // ADD THE

"TF_Unique_MediGun_QuickFix" "Quick-Fix" // ADD THE
"TF_Unique_BleedingSocketItem" "Leakium"
"TF_Unique_BulletResistItem" "Bulletproofium"
"TF_Unique_FireResistItem" "Fireproofium"
"TF_Unique_BlastResistItem" "Blastproofium"
"TF_Unique_HealthRegenItem" "Firstaidium"
"TF_Unique_SpeedBoostItem" "Sprintium"
"TF_Unique_MetalRegenItem" "Harvestine"
"TF_Unique_CloakRegenItem" "Invisine"
"TF_Unique_CloakConsumeItem" "Longvisine"
"TF_Unique_RepairRateItem" "Wrenchine"
"TF_Unique_ConstructionRateItem" "Constructine"

I wonder if such items could go on anything, or would have special weapons that you can fit them into.

This is also likely a left over from the first version of the new sandvich.

"TF_SacredMedicine_Desc" "While under the effects, damage done\nand damage taken will be mini-crits.\nYou will also move much faster."

Blizzard

Banned
Thanks for the gifts.

As for upgradable weapons...I will say that the bleeding effect is probably the one I dslike most. I don't mind jarate, the milk effect is not so bad, but bleeding annoys me with the red tint, to say nothing of the damage.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Of course when I finally save up enough refined metals to put my Haunted Scrap to use, I get the skull which I totally didn't want instead of the juju which I totally wanted.

If anyone has a juju they'd be willing to trade for a skull, I'd be willing to put it into a gift box :/

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Drkirby said:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1675497

I wonder if such items could go on anything, or would have special weapons that you can fit them into.

This is also likely a left over from the first version of the new sandvich.
Oh my god, I read your other post wrong.

Now I'm absolutely terrified TF2 is going to end up with us putting fucking materia in all of our weapons. Nightmare confirmed. Backpack/loadout managment nightmare confirmed as well.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Goon Boon said:
If you change your mind later just add 2 refined and it becomes the hat.
Oh so is that what it means to have it be "clean"? Since I assume the hat would be tradeable without needing to be gift wrapped. I really screwed this one up

Funny thing is, I kept telling myself as I was saving up the metals that I would end up getting the freaking skull, and sure enough I did. It's like counting your pennies as a kid, mowing lawns every weekend, saving up to buy some rad thing at Toys R Us and then being handed a Barbie at the register after you've already paid

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah, but that won't make it mean clean. A Clean hat is a tradable (And also preferred non-gifted) hat, I am a bit surpised Valve didn't just retroactively make them untradeable, they did it to the alien swarm parasite.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah, just ask for the weapons some time. I recently crafter yet anther one away, by now it is hard to leverage the poly count weapons for trade so I don't bother.

JADS

Blizzard said:
He played hundreds, if not MILLIONS, of hours, and is now trying to find a job and win life as well as TF2. :)

In game news tonight, I have almost completed my set of new items, though I still want to trade someone for the rocket jumper and sticky jumper eventually. I also need a scottish resistance and sniper shiv at some point.

I got a spare Shiv laying around. You can have it if you still want it.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Merry Christmas TF2-GAF

Also a question. Does anyone have some spare holiday keys theyd be willing to trade? I really dont want to buy keys, and have 4 crates.

Hell I'll even trade 2 of the crates for 2 keys :p

Blizzard

Banned
JADS said:
I got a spare Shiv laying around. You can have it if you still want it.
Already got the bat from kirby I think, but thanks. Now I need the scottish resistance/loch-n-load, and MAYBE the backscratcher (I forget if I have it) to complete my new item set! And then some day I will find someone willing to pay a dollar to trade me the [whatever] jumper items in exchange for items or 5 crates or metal or something. :p

Zerokku said:
Merry Christmas TF2-GAF

Also a question. Does anyone have some spare holiday keys theyd be willing to trade? I really dont want to buy keys, and have 4 crates.

Hell I'll even trade 2 of the crates for 2 keys :p
They could have been wrong, but I thought I read someone saying holiday keys are untradable. One guy I know who is apparently into idling and getting all sorts of hats and items got like 6 holiday keys due to having 6 accounts I guess.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
No no, that is STOCKING STUFFER keys. Normal Holidays Keys are tradable. The stocking stuffer doesn't expire, and if they don't give away the same key next year, it will most likely be a pretty valuable 'Gift trade' item.

And then some day I will find someone willing to pay a dollar to trade me the [whatever] jumper items in exchange for items or 5 crates or metal or something. :p
They are random craft able, and have Crit a Cola drop rates, they can be had without trading, you just got to keep trying to craft weapons for the slot.

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
The Eternal Reward continues to escape my grasp. DROP DARN YOU. I don't want an 8th degreaser :mad:

Stuffer Keys are dropable? =O

I have found like 10 Festive Crates, the only key I had was the one they gave away. I've traded like 4 Fist of Steel too. :lol

Edit: What's the consensus of the Shortstop?

Heavy's Sandvich said:
I like the shortstop but it hasn't really replaced the Scattergun for me.

I love the Force-a-Nature.
Apart from the third jump it gives, I'm not really fond of the Force-a-Nature; Scattergun is much better in my opinion.

I asked since you can use Force-a-nature to craft Shortstop. I guess I will.

Ninja Dom

Just got The Chargin' Targe for the Demoman.

It's a shield that replaces the Sticky Bomb Gun. I can't live without my Sticky Bombs.

Anyone wanna trade??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom