• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Grimm Fandango said:
What is with this thread's fascination about the Halo threads? I posted in HaloGAF for 3 years and people rarely if ever dick wagged their K:D.
who's idea was it if bragging about your K:D, its a Halo Thread?
Chinner or Kuro?

Tenck

Obsessed said:
Hey Tenck your bragging is real cool and ima let you finish but Metaphorically is the best spy on the server.

Lol one comment and you get pissy. I have no problem as we've never got along anyways. And Metaphorically can be the best Spy in all of the TF2 community and I still wouldn't care.

I'll also let you say how easy it is to hit a jumping target and fail at backing it up.

Forkball

So the update could hit tomorrow due to the schema leaks, beta updates, and e-mail conformations people are getting. If not tomorrow, then Friday. If not Friday, the definitely next month. If not THAT, totally by Christmas.

Believe.

I had a damn good pic of a Spy and Engy side by side but I was a split second too late.
8D7311EF526A78EFEF1C031372F3420CFE6B8A3D

426DD5C3A3B61A5C5233315743185EAD7C69AE22

Tenck said:
Lol one comment and you get pissy.

I'll also let you say how easy it is to hit a jumping target and fail at backing it up.

1st off: Easy as in... relative to you running and on the ground. Maybe you don't understand the concept of relative difficulty. I dunno.

2nd: One comment?

Tenck said:
Gaf let me dominate today. My KDR went from 1.39 to 1.45 today. You're slipping Gaf!

Tenck said:
Beating the enemy Spy in score is much better :D

@Beef: Just checked my killstats, and I've killed you 20 times now. You've killed me a whopping 0 times hahaha.

Tenck said:
The TF2 gods have spared your for a while. My ratio against you is 1.43. It feels like you're almost always on my team though. Going to have to change that :D

Edit: Rofl, you're the only medic that I've have the worst ratio with. Everyone else is above 6.0.

Tenck said:
I've killed him 18 times and he's killed me 13 time. So far I'm ahead!! .

Tenck said:
Edit: Just took Artist's spot as 3rd. Solid is next :D
Code:
1	 Metaphorically	2,912	
2	 SolidSnake	1,410                
3	 Tenck	          651

And what do you mean never got along?

I've been fine with you, and still am fine with you. I've just noticed that you kind of brag a bit in the thread and made a joke about it because of all the talk about Halo threads.

Yeef

I was doing awful tonight. I'm just going to go ahead and blame it on the fact that I've been up since 7am.

Also, it seems like heavy lag compensation was much worse than it's ever been tonight. Two instances that stood out for me were turbine and thunder mountain. On Turbine I was hiding in a corner and a heavy killed me around the corner, but never actually came around the corner, even after I was dead. basically he shot through a wall.

The on Thunder mountain, I was through the gate that goes to A from Red spawn and there were two heavies pursuing me and they killed me form the bottom of the stairs. That makes absolutely no sense!

Tenck

Obsessed said:
1st of: Easy as in... relative to you running and on the ground. Maybe you don't understand the concept of relative difficulty. I dunno.

2nd: One comment?

Lol, just when I started using dead ringer (other than the Meta comment which was CnD), which has been these past two days. Only time you really showed that it bothered you was today when I commented on the jumping thing. And before that out of nowhere you just said "Tenck sucks." Before all this shenanigans even started.

Again, I wont lose any sleep knowing you and I don't get a long. As long as I play, I'm fine.

Edit:
And what do you mean never got along?

I've been fine with you, and still am fine with you. I've just noticed that you kind of brag a bit in the thread and made a joke about it because of all the talk about Halo threads.

You've never come as the friendly guy when it comes to dealing with me. Only time we've gotten a long was when we were playing today in the afternoon and before that on that one snow you decided to play Gunslinger engy and Pyro.

If it was unintentional on your part, or a misunderstanding on my part, then I guess the best thing to do is just be neutral with each other.

Tenck said:
Lol, just when I started using dead ringer (other than the Meta comment which was CnD), which has been these past two days. Only time you really showed that it bothered you was today when I commented on the jumping thing. And before that out of nowhere you just said "Tenck sucks." Before all this shenanigans even started.

Yeah I've also said in the past that Metaphorically sucks. I don't mean it in the "lol he is bad" way but the "fucking damnit he is rage inducing" way.

Tenck said:
You've never come as the friendly guy when it comes to dealing with me. Only time we've gotten a long was when we were playing today in the afternoon and before that on that one snow you decided to play Gunslinger engy and Pyro.

If it was unintentional on your part, or a misunderstanding on my part, then I guess the best thing to do is just be neutral with each other.

What?

And I played Gunslinger because nob was Heavy. True, he was going shotgun Heavy, but still. And what was the problem with Pyro?

I can't but help feel this hostility might have to do something with the fact I don't find that woman in your avatar attractive.

Tenck

Obsessed said:
Yeah I've also said in the past that Metaphorically sucks. I don't mean it in the "lol he is bad" way but the "fucking damnit he is rage inducing" way.

I've been on the Gaf server for about 3 weeks now. I honestly don't know you guys very well to know when you're joking or not. There are people like Accidante and Pangloss who joke around with me and laugh about it.

I know they're joking because even though we're making each other rage with jankyness and whatnot, we all laugh about it.

Edit:
What?

And I played Gunslinger because nob was Heavy. True, he was going shotgun Heavy, but still. And what was the problem with Pyro?

There wasn't a problem with that. Just trying to describe that certain time with the details I remember. I hardly know the names of the maps, so I'll be describing things you've done on certain maps and hopefully you will know what I'm talking about.

Tenck said:
I know they're joking because even though we're making each other rage with jankyness and whatnot, we all laugh about it.

My laugh is worse than my voice. I don't hold down the V key when I am laughing.

I assumed you would know I was joking because I either said it after you killed me, or caused one of your enemies to rage.

Tenck

I can't but help feel this hostility might have to do something with the fact I don't find that woman in your avatar attractive.

Haha, sorry for laughing, but any opinion about Kristen Bell you may have doesn't bother me in the slightest. I find her beautiful, and of course others don't. Personal preference is something I've come to accept. Whenever you say she's unattractive I just laugh a bit and continue to play.

Blizzard

Banned
Guys, guys. I'm supposed to be the person with all the drama, not you. It's all peace and love on the GAF server! GROUP HUG DAMMIT

Tenck

Blizzard said:
Guys, guys. I'm supposed to be the person with all the drama, not you. It's all peace and love on the GAF server! GROUP HUG DAMMIT

I sent Corn a PM to clear some things up.

Tenck

SteveWinwood said:
It's gaf. People only joke. If its genuine rage... well... its not.

This is the first game I've played where people have been talkative and didn't have to rely on mumble.

When I talk to people on Mumble while playing, we know each other and can tell when we're serious or not.

On Gaf though, I don't know any of you but can get an idea of how people are by listening to them for a while. But then there's others who I still can't understand.

Blizzard

Banned
Tenck said:
This is the first game I've played where people have been talkative and didn't have to rely on mumble.

When I talk to people on Mumble while playing, we know each other and can tell when we're serious or not.

On Gaf though, I don't know any of you but can get an idea of how people are by listening to them for a while. But then there's others who I still can't understand.
Usually on GAF there are like 6 people talking at once though, and n0b and Twig and maybe one or two others have really loud microphone settings so it clips when they speak excitedly. :( Other than occasional bad mics, talky is good.

Tenck

Blizzard said:
Usually on GAF there are like 6 people talking at once though, and n0b and Twig and maybe one or two others have really loud microphone settings so it clips when they speak excitedly. :( Other than occasional bad mics, talky is good.

Yeah, and that's what I love about the Gaf server. If it's quiet it feels awkward. I would join in on the chatter, but my laptop's microphone jack broke, so I can't use that. And even when I get it to work for some odd reason, TF2 wont register it :/

XeroSauce

Thagomizer said:
Is that PC Gamer only viewable if you live in the UK? I actually wanted to read some of those articles, but Zinio still won't let me :(

Canada here, works just fine.

Guys, guys, no need to fight. We all know I'm the best sweater-Spy around.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
XeroSauce said:
Canada here, works just fine.

Guys, guys, no need to fight. We all know I'm the best sweater-Spy around.
Nope, that would be. You can't trump this mans style.

It is so nice, Artistdude copied me one for one D:

AcciDante

I'll come in and back Obsessed! Don't take it the wrong way, Tenck. It's just that you post a shit-ton in this thread and there's almost always a comment that comes across as bragging. You remember that one game on hightower where you backstabbed me in the same spot twice? I heard about that for like 3 weeks after it happened.

Again, don't take it the wrong way. You're still cool in my book, and I'm happy to fight a spy that actually gets backstabs in the back. Just lettin' you know.

Borgnine said:
Tenck and Obsessed need to make up. In spray form. Oh yes.
All that nutcracker jazz on your youtube channel make sense now. The union of two genres of music or two individuals can only lead to good things, especially in media form. Spray away.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Grimm Fandango said:
What is with this thread's fascination about the Halo threads? I posted in HaloGAF for 3 years and people rarely if ever dick wagged their K:D.
Ask Chinner/Whiner

TF2 isn't about k:d; all I did was talk about good players which apparently makes us HALOGAF.

MASTERDUDE
MASTERTIME
MASTERPHORICALLY
MASTER-OH
MASTERSON
<_<
>_>
Blizzard...

Yeef

Demos are up: http://tf2.gafserver.com/demos/

I also added an [ugly] icon to the stats page that'll take you straight to the demo page.

vHxgU.png

I'll write a script sometime over the next few days that will automatically upload and delete demos so i don't have to do it manually all the time.

Obsessed said:
How do I set up a spray?

whaddya mean?

goto options->multiplayer and you can upload one there. If you wanna know how to make a nice one it needs to be .vtf.

I can help as I got photoshop/plugin needed if thats the case just lemme know

JackFrost said:
whaddya mean?

goto options->multiplayer and you can upload one there. If you wanna know how to make a nice one it needs to be .vtf.

I can help as I got photoshop/plugin needed if thats the case just lemme know

Do I need to resize a photo and then save it as a .vtf? What size do I make it?

How do I do that? Any free programs?

Sianos

Yeef said:
I was doing awful tonight. I'm just going to go ahead and blame it on the fact that I've been up since 7am.

Also, it seems like heavy lag compensation was much worse than it's ever been tonight. Two instances that stood out for me were turbine and thunder mountain. On Turbine I was hiding in a corner and a heavy killed me around the corner, but never actually came around the corner, even after I was dead. basically he shot through a wall.

The on Thunder mountain, I was through the gate that goes to A from Red spawn and there were two heavies pursuing me and they killed me form the bottom of the stairs. That makes absolutely no sense!

Yeah, I did pretty bad as well last night.

Server was pretty janky last night when walls were involved, so many times when I'd retreat behind a corner (and run down it so I'd have "cover" from the wall), only to get killed by someone shooting at an absurd angle through the wall. Happened way more often than it should, and by the end of the night was really on my nerves.

Silly Tenck with his enforcer kept messing up my tracking. I hunt you halfway across the map, force you to pop DR, milk you, chase you back to the other side, get the first good shot in... only for you to 180 and two shot me wth the enforcer. Oh you.

Sianos

Boney said:
everyone knows I'm the best player around this parts

this is my first kb+mouse fps stop making fun of me :(
Just practice and you'll get the hang of it!

If ever you need a confidence boost, just play spy on Valve servers. :p

Blizzard

Banned
Obsessed said:
GIMP doesn't seem to be able to differentiate between resizing the canvas, and resizing the image.
I could have sworn it was the other way around. You could resize the canvas, but you had to use an option to make it increase the image size to match. There should also be commands to match the canvas to the image or maybe vice versa.

Top Bottom