• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Fine... normally dressed.

Q0rPG.png

:O

Chesskid1

Banned
alrite, just bought PC gamer digital issue #1.

had some interesting articles this issue i want to read.

i'm part of the problem

Blizzard

Banned
Clydefrog said:
A hat that costs less than a key!
I'm so torn. One one hand, I don't want to lose my Mann Co. virginity. On the other hand, buying PC Gamer digital is sorta buying through Valve...but I think I can convince myself that it'll be like buying Steam games for items, and thus I'm not part of the problem DIRECTLY. >_>

Bakphoon

fallengorn said:
Fine... normally dressed.

Q0rPG.png

:O

If i got it already in a trade would i still get one if i buy the magazine? (just wondering)

I got my Killer Exclusive for 2 good demoman stranges (grenade and sticky) and i thought i got it cheap.

Hey, but at least i haven't paid bills or more for it :D

Edit:

Today Morning (European time): Bills / Slightly over a bills

Now: 2 ref...

Chesskid1

Banned
if i buy PC gamer for one of my non playing TF2 friends as a nice gesture, do they still get a hat?

i'm a really nice guy and want to hook up my friends with some magazines.

Would anyone be willing to gift me the PC gamer digital version in exchange for 3 refined metals? I can't buy it in my region unfortunately. PM me for Steam info if you can help me out :)

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
spindoctor said:
Would anyone be willing to gift me the PC gamer digital version in exchange for 3 refined metals? I can't buy it in my region unfortunately. PM me for Steam info if you can help me out :)
You can't buy the digital ver through zinio?

Edit: it's prolly cheaper through steam...

Kuro Madoushi said:
You can't buy the digital ver through zinio?

Edit: it's prolly cheaper through steam...

I was not aware it was sold anywhere except Steam. I doubt they would give the hat for non-Steam purchases anyway, which is basically what I am interested in.

I just checked the zinio site and it's 5$ for one issue v/s 2$ on Steam.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
spindoctor said:
I was not aware it was sold anywhere except Steam. I doubt they would give the hat for non-Steam purchases anyway, which is basically what I am interested in.

I just checked the zinio site and it's 5$ for one issue v/s 2$ on Steam.
I got the zino ver...fml...

Code should be there though...if not, PREPARE FOR A RAGE OF MOST EPIC FUCKING PROPORTIONS!

mojiimbo

Hopefully the hat drops to less than a key. I think it's a pretty awful hat but I like collecting genuines and don't want to start paying cash for hats.

Don't buy it hoping to trade the hat away. The market is going to get flooded with them really quickly; you might get lucky and get a great trade, but that ship has probably sailed for most of us at this point.

Baha

Reposting this from the steam thread for inquiring minds outside the US & UK:

Ok, I received a gifted copy of PC Gamer but it didn't show up in my games list. After restarting steam and confirming with my friend that the gift was indeed redeemed, it's clear that users outside of the US won't be able to access the magazine even if gifted. However, upon loading tf2 I did get the hat. So there you have it.

OMG Aero

spindoctor said:
On their website they say that the Steam version will be available in other regions in a few weeks and the hat promotion will still be running when it releases elsewhere.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
yikes! ignore my 'buy through zinio'
fucking idiots don't have the code in their mag. you have to email support with proof of purchase to get it.

Fuck PC Gamer. And fuck Valve for this bullshit. Shouldn't be a reason that Canada doesn't get this.

Boney

Banned
Kuro Madoushi said:
fucking idiots don't have the code in their mag. you have to email support with proof of purchase to get it.

Fuck PC Gamer. And fuck Valve for this bullshit. Shouldn't be a reason that Canada doesn't get this.
I know a perfectly good reason.

Canada.

So I'm sitting on a pile of Refined Metal and looking at my Haunted Metal Scrap. My options are:

• Craft a Halloween 2010 hat.
  • Save the Haunted Metal Scrap and see what happens this year.

I'm assuming that Valve won't give anything to people who saved their Haunted Metal Scrap, but I could be wrong... What should I do?!?

Clydefrog

divisionbyzorro said:
So I'm sitting on a pile of Refined Metal and looking at my Haunted Metal Scrap. My options are:

I'm assuming that Valve won't give anything to people who saved their Haunted Metal Scrap, but I could be wrong... What should I do?!?

at least save it until after halloween! who knows!

divisionbyzorro said:

Halloween isn't that far away. I say wait it out.

Bakphoon said:
If i got it already in a trade would i still get one if i buy the magazine? (just wondering)

I got my Killer Exclusive for 2 good demoman stranges (grenade and sticky) and i thought i got it cheap.

Hey, but at least i haven't paid bills or more for it :D

Edit:

Today Morning (European time): Bills / Slightly over a bills

Now: 2 ref...
LOL

that's what they get for trying to high-ball. now people are stuck with multiple Killer Exclusives.

Delicious.

edit:

screenshot20110930at727.png

WHAT. A. STEAL!

Chesskid1

Banned
Boney said:
there's some weird people on the server :/

yeah i've seen those guys before. it was in the middle of day and i saw like 3-4 people on the server so why not join and see who they are.

they immed told me to leave the server and actually started cursing at me :<

no idea what they were doing, but i left.

Chesskid1 said:
yeah i've seen those guys before. it was in the middle of day and i saw like 3-4 people on the server so why not join and see who they are.

they immed told me to leave the server and actually started cursing at me :<

no idea what they were doing, but i left.
You let some jerks push you around!? PSSSSH.

I went into 3.0 one night and two engineers were dicking around, so I went as a Spy and captured a point. They killed me and moved their toys to the already captured point, so I cloaked and walked past them to the last point and won. They left immediately.

THAT'S how you do it!
LLShC.gif

XeroSauce

Kuro Madoushi said:

Whoa, hold on, I got i through Zinio too. Who do we have to contact with what?

Yeef

Forkball said:
MEGABETA UPDATE LAST WEEK AND THE SCHEMA UPDATED WITH A BUNCH OF NEW STUFF AND THERE WERE E-MAILS CONFIRMING PEOPLE'S NEW STUFF WOULD GET IN AND IT'S THE ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF THE MANNCONOMY UPDATE EXCUUUUUUUUUUSE ME PRINCESS IF I THOUGHT THERE MIGHT BE AN UPDATE

They were working a Portal comic instead.
Once again, I am correct and you are wrong.

Yeef said:
I think Valve is probably planning to release Meet the Pyro "soon" and will be testing lots of Pyro balance changes over the next few weeks (and months).

Honestly, I think the Backburner shouldn't get bonus damage, but should have an increased backcrit angle (somewhere between 100 and 135 would be good, I think).
Obviously they're not going to release a big patch while they're still testing stuff in the beta. Especially since a lot of bugs persist.

Top Bottom