• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

moojito

divisionbyzorro said:
I really want the Victorian Pyro set to make it in. I'm not huge on the attributes of the flamethrower, but the models are awesome.

_11747-.jpg

_11748-.jpg

_11749-.jpg

_11750-.jpg

Very nice! Not so much ze eenglish, though. "This weapon have a splash damage", indeed.

Sianos

Switch to Degroot so I can get back in! :U

EDIT: Spot opens... and I don't get it. Once again, thanks for kicking me. :(

Boney said:
there's some weird people on the server :/

Drkirby said:
Want me to ban them all forever :D

Actually I wouldn't mind seeing them banned forever. I don't know how they got to the server, but they were yelling at me and Boney to get off the server so they could have a 1v1 game or something.

Also I now have the hottest sprays on the server.

Chesskid1

Banned
just learned you could browser servers through steam client, instead of opening TF2.

learned it by accident by watching a TF2 stream. i just never looked at the "view" menu. pretty big fail on my part, heh. i just bookmarked the TF2 server page and would check it when i felt like playing. checking through steam will be alot easier.

also, what does The Yeef Queef award mean?

Acerac

Banned
Got DC'd 3 times on Badwater and it sounded like I wasn't the only one having issues.

Shame, it's my favorite map.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Hopefully the Killer Exclusive gets paint textures pretty soon.

You know, nothing says it is a limited time offer, which is going to really make the Hats value stay down if true.

I do wish the thing had more meat to it. At $2, it just isn't worth it.

Drkirby said:
Hopefully the Killer Exclusive gets paint textures pretty soon.

You know, nothing says it is a limited time offer, which is going to really make the Hats value stay down if true.
Well they did say after a month of this issue being out, the normal Killer Exclusive can be crafted, dropped, or purchased from shop.

Drkirby said:
I do wish the thing had more meat to it. At $2, it just isn't worth it.
but but the magazine!

Yeef

Mangrove strikes me as the sort of map that might be decent once you learn it better, but at the same time, the final point reminds me too much of goldrsuh/dustbowl. I don't know if I could ever forgive it for that.

NSQuote said:
Switch to Degroot so I can get back in! :U

EDIT: Spot opens... and I don't get it. Once again, thanks for kicking me. :(
Server will kick you after 2 minutes of inactivity, apparently. I thought it was 3, but it's 2. If you manually go to spectator the server won't kick you, but if you're idle for a minute it moves you to spectator. If you're idle another minute after that it'll kick you. So if you're going AFK switch to spectator to save your slot!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Cloudius12 said:
Well they did say after a month of this issue being out, the normal Killer Exclusive can be crafted, dropped, or purchased from shop.

but but the magazine!
It isn't a Magazine though, that is the problem. It is a mix of videos and interactive thingys. There is only 6 things per $2 episode though. So while I like the features, it took only about 20 minutes to view the whole thing.

Drkirby said:
It isn't a Magazine though, that is the problem. It is a mix of videos and interactive thingys. There is only 6 things per $2 episode though. So while I like the features, it took only about 20 minutes to view the whole thing.
haha I know, I haven't even view that dam thing yet. I got invalid gift error :/

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
GruntOfAction said:
No love for the medics it seems. Every time I heal someone I either catch on fire, get shot to death, or explode. Usually in that order.
Hmmm...
Positioning, awareness, observation.

Solly fires rocket at you, jump in opposite direction and crouch.

Check your six more often to heal ppl behind and look for spies

Getting burnt? You're too aggressive. Stay father back and watch for flames and retreat. If the pyro is fulli engaged with your pocket, keep healomg. If your pocket can finish a pyro quickly, take the risk.

Only fight if
A) really close and no help - use melee
B) nobody around, lots of space, then retreat whil needling.

Battlemedics are junk unless it's two exp medics chaining...and even then if you chain, you'd better get the fucking job done or stop and heal your team. I remember it working for lemmy and I cause I trust him to know what to do and he knows I got his french toast. Two other idiots I played against kept chaining with no results after I went pyro.

Bluth54

divisionbyzorro said:
I really want the Victorian Pyro set to make it in. I'm not huge on the attributes of the flamethrower, but the models are awesome.
Well if Valve were to accept it they would come up with their own attributes.

Yeef said:
Mangrove strikes me as the sort of map that might be decent once you learn it better, but at the same time, the final point reminds me too much of goldrsuh/dustbowl. I don't know if I could ever forgive it for that.
You guys finally play Mangrove and it's on a day I have to work :(

I did enjoy playing TF2 with you all pretty much every day last week during my vacation.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Javaman said:
Kuro's medics are boring medics, CONFIRMED.
Oho let's turn this into a Halo thread, shall we?

My k:d ratio against you is MUCH MUCH higher. And my epeen is MUCH MUCH bigger!

You idle AND you're a lego-fetishist...I don't know nor do I want to know what goes where and who wears what when you're with Javawoman >:{

Proven

Grimm Fandango said:
I always find it hard to take Spy videos seriously when they play dumb-as-shit players.
Have you seen Metaphorically's vids? Spies always look like they're either fighting the dumbest players, or the most paranoid/psychic players.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Grimm Fandango said:
I always find it hard to take Spy videos seriously when they play dumb-as-shit players.

Hard to take MetaFAILically seriously when he plays on the GAF server since you goddamn GAF n00bs don't know how to spycheck and do follow ups (I blame Yeef).

This is part of the reason for my 'boring' video. It's a long ass round, BUT I wanted to include everything in there, not just bullshot highlights that make me look like a god.

Anony

Pyro

Flamethrower:
Damage increased 10%
Backburner:
Removed +10% damage bonus[1]
Degreaser:
Added -10% damage[1]
Removed -25% burn damage
just took a look a the latest beta patch

VALVE, STOP FUCKING NERFING PYROS
jesus fucking christ, so sick and tried of this

Yeef

Anony said:
just took a look a the latest beta patch

VALVE, STOP FUCKING NERFING PYROS
jesus fucking christ, so sick and tried of this
"Nerf." I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Hint: They buffed the pyro.

Backburner is exactly the same.
Flamethrower now does Backburner Damage
Degreaser does 1% less damage, but loses the afterburn penalty.

Forkball

Yeef said:
Once again, I am correct and you are wrong.

Obviously they're not going to release a big patch while they're still testing stuff in the beta. Especially since a lot of bugs persist.
Sure if you think about it, the update wouldn't be this week. But if you BELIEVE, it could have been.

Plus none of the stuff that was leaked was Halloween related. It seems weird that they would be adding all of this stuff with the Halloween update stuff as well. Unless they do a small Halloween update like last year and hold off the leaked stuff until Christmas.

I just want loadouts Valve.

Divius

It's been so long since I had
hat
a decent drop, last 'good' thing was a Widowmaker. Before that fucking bonk!juice and another flaregun or w/e

Forkball

Hat drops are a fickle mistress. I got one last week after a five month hiatus. There was a stretch where I got three hat drops in three weeks.

refresher.jpg

arsewipe.png

weenmask.jpg

eEj7R.png

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
&Divius said:
It's been so long since I had
hat
a decent drop, last 'good' thing was a Widowmaker. Before that fucking bonk!juice and another flaregun or w/e
pfft
I came back after a 6 month break. First three drops? Bonk! Bonk! Bonk!

Top Bottom