• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Has anyone gotten idling to work since the last patch? I keep getting 'Fetching item schema; update is queued' messages, but never any 'Item schema is up to date' messages.

OMG Aero

divisionbyzorro said:
Has anyone gotten idling to work since the last patch? I keep getting 'Fetching item schema; update is queued' messages, but never any 'Item schema is up to date' messages.
I think the item servers are still shitting themselves so that might be it.

OMG Aero said:
I think the item servers are still shitting themselves so that might be it.

I think I've settled on that too. I might just let the idle time build up and get a rash of items next week.

Any idea how long the MannCo sale is going to last? I'm planning on finally getting the Sticky/Rocket Jumpers and opening a new idler with that purchase (as has been my pattern).

Chesskid1 said:
holy shit, i'm a huge fan of your work kingofkongs so it will be awesome playing with you! enjoy the server man, once you start playing "competitive" tf2, you can't really go back.

thats my lil nephew who doesn't lurk here anymore but i will your regards :)

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
bah! if i didn't have class on saturday(in class right now), i would've gone on.

i always imagined him sounding like a little kid...though i remember somewhere he's around 22?

i like lemmy talking. my rages are intentionally hilarious. his rages are unintentionally hilarious

Sianos

Good games last night. I'm dissapointed I missed drunken singing night, but oh welllll. When I get tired I might as well be drunk. Couldn't type last night, haha. Might've looked for a mic, but I sound like Kuro so everyone would probably throw things at me anyways. :p

Try to get drunk again tonight!

Blizzard said:
I lost like 9 rounds in a row, it was grand. Thankfully Oreo finally went non-heavy and I won a round.

And I want to high five someone so bad!

I was arguing with you about something last ngiht, but I forget what! Good thing the demos save voices, I'll have to look at that later.

High five me, I still have my hand virginity!

KingOfKong said:
That's good to know, thanks. One Thing I noticed is how uber everybody is with the scout on the server. In random pugs they are a joke class to me but they are serious business on the gaf server!
Awwwww, thanks. :)

Scout is the only class I play, I love it so much. Fits my fighting style: I'm all about speed.

The best way to get good at a class is to focus on one that suits you and practice with people better than you. That's how I learned to get good at Scout, at least.

Togglesworlh said:
I finally got a caber and man is it fun. I wish the update had gone out before this night because there were some amusing voice clips from DrKirby in particular.

Yes, Toggle, join the caberknights! It's even better if you use it with a shield: 300 damage on demand! You can kill a full health ehavy and an overhealed soldier (which I demonstarted on spaceboy) in one swing!

Sianos

Kuro Madoushi said:
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

i take it that kuro lost his hand virginity

it was probably to one of those marriage magazines

Also, yayyyyyyyyyy

global_scattergun.png

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
NSQuote said:
i take it that kuro lost his hand virginity

it was probably to one of those marriage magazines

Also, yayyyyyyyyyy

global_scattergun.png

I take it EVERYONE in this thread...well...besides maybe exMachina...and maybe even then doesn't have a goddamn 'virgin hand' OR we have a thread full of liars.

Sianos

Kuro Madoushi said:
I take it EVERYONE in this thread...well...besides maybe exMachina...and maybe even then doesn't have a goddamn 'virgin hand' OR we have a thread full of liars.

i have a virign hand

A virigin hand

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Archie said:
First time playing in a few days and I get a Pocket Medic to drop. Woo
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!

I used to hate Hightower along with all the other PLR maps. And then I realized that the beauty of Hightower is that every class is viable. Even the Pyro, who is usually just good to troll/anti-spy becomes one of the most powerful classes when the carts are at the right position.

Airblasting a heavy and medic over the cliff during an uber NEVER gets old.

Kuro Madoushi said:
what is your favourite map? not another PLR map or heaven forbid a CTF map.
Gravelpit, of course.

PLR maps are, of course, infinitely superior to the shitstorms that are regular ol' PL.

CTF can be fucking fantastic - if the map is built for it. Oftentimes, it's not. 2fort is awful. CTF Well is pretty all right, but not my favorite.

Yeef

Hightower is wonderful. Easily one of the best maps in the game and probably my favorite.

As far as PLR goes, I like Nightfall a lot, though it doesn't get much love. Pipeline is really hit or miss for me. Panic is decent for the first 2 rounds and excellent for the last.

Also, I updated the nominations menu so that Gullywash is the stock version instead of the custom one.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yeef said:
Hightower is wonderful. Easily one of the best maps in the game and probably my favorite.

As far as PLR goes, I like Nightfall a lot, though it doesn't get much love. Pipeline is really hit or miss for me. Panic is decent for the first 2 rounds and excellent for the last.

Also, I updated the nominations menu so that Gullywash is the stock version instead of the custom one.
Pipeline can eat a dick.

What's the diff stock vs custom?

leroidys

I usually love plr, but mainly because hightower is indeed the bast map ever. Nightfall is pretty OK, it never gets voted though so its hard to judge.

Pipeline can eat two dicks. One of the worst maps in the game, yet it still gets rotated on most servers.

Yeef

When I get a chance (probably Monday) I'm going to modify the demo page so that it shows who played in each demo and which team they were on and which class they were. Maybe I'll also add a search box to search based on player name.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
leroidys said:
I usually love plr, but mainly because hightower is indeed the bast map ever. Nightfall is pretty OK, it never gets voted though so its hard to judge.

Pipeline can eat two dicks. One of the worst maps in the game, yet it still gets rotated on most servers.
Wish it was rotated OUT

Divius

Anyone looking for a Strange Direct hit? I have one but I never play soldier, so I'd rather trade it for a Strange Weapon of, well, basically any other class.

edit: just noticed the trading thread, will post there as well.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
&Divius said:
Anyone looking for a Strange Direct hit? I have one but I never play soldier, so I'd rather trade it for a Strange Weapon of, well, basically any other class.
Strange razorback?
Strange targe? D:

Not joking... :(

Acerac

Banned
You're all insane. Hightower is the worst map due to a combination of how close the goal is to the spawn point and the fact that it's one of the only maps that never actually has to end. The other PLR maps will eventually move the cart automatically if it there is a turtle, in hightower you just sit there bashing your head against a wall until the opposing team is incompetent enough to let you stand by the cart for 15 seconds.

Add a 15 minute per match time limit to hightower and/or reduce the height of that last point and it'll instantly become a much better map.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Acerac said:
You're all insane. Hightower is the worst map due to a combination of how close the goal is to the spawn point and the fact that it's one of the only maps that never actually has to end. The other PLR maps will eventually move the cart automatically if it there is a turtle, in hightower you just sit there bashing your head against a wall until the opposing team is incompetent enough to let you stand by the cart for 15 seconds.

Add a 15 minute per match time limit to hightower and/or reduce the height of that last point and it'll instantly become a much better map.
Not shitline...

Javaman

Togglesworlh said:
haha why would anyone want a direct hit period

oh... it's kuro... nevermind!
Shitty against people but great against buildings. Can kill 2 level 3 sentries w\o reloading last time I checked. (Assuming the eng isn't camping)

Javaman said:
Shitty against people but great against buildings. Can kill 2 level 3 sentries w\o reloading last time I checked. (Assuming the eng isn't camping)
Demoman is gonna be better than a soldier with direct hit, though.

Losing the splash damage cripples the soldier so much. It's just not worth it.

Acerac said:

This is exactly the problem with most regular payload maps. It's either a complete steamroll or you're beating your head against a brick wall.

At least with Hightower, there's a good sense of back and forth. It's fucking awesome.

Quick question, but is there any way to remove the "View promotional codes" button on the main menu? I activated my Rift hat ticket a long while back wondering what it would actually do, and now the thing's been looking ugly on the main menu ever since.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Rickenslacker said:
Quick question, but is there any way to remove the "View promotional codes" button on the main menu? I activated my Rift hat ticket a long while back wondering what it would actually do, and now the thing's been looking ugly on the main menu ever since.
OCD? I don't think it stands out so much...not like announcement from strange weapons, which btw I've never seen since I use a custom hud.

Acerac

Banned
Togglesworlh said:
This is exactly the problem with most regular payload maps. It's either a complete steamroll or you're beating your head against a brick wall.

At least with Hightower, there's a good sense of back and forth. It's fucking awesome.
Payload eventually ends though. You never have to worry about an eternal payload map. I love seeing if we can get that last needed push or shut down the opposition while the clock ticks down. That's the awesome part about most PLR maps, it still has that sense of urgency whereas with Hightower you could leave for 15 minutes and have absolutely nothing different when you return.

I don't consider two carts chilling at the bottom of a tower a good sense of back and forth. To each their own however. If I want a good sense of back and forth I'd prefer to play the last map of panic every time.

Kuro Madoushi said:
OCD? I don't think it stands out so much...not like announcement from strange weapons, which btw I've never seen since I use a custom hud.
You don't understand, the other menu option have backdrops and this one doesn't. It clashes so hard!

Actually it doesn't really matter to me if you can't, just wondering if there was some means of getting rid of it 'cause it's just a tad ugly in the way it is.

Acerac said:
Payload eventually ends though. You never have to worry about an eternal payload map.
How boring.

The problem with people who like payload more than any other mode is that they seem to be incapable of enjoying a game that ends in a stalemate. Whatashame.

Top Bottom