• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

JackFrost said:
LIES!!!

i get cussed at every time I join cause of my drunk skills (mostly from the usual rager),,,Ill remember this next Friday (im loaded everynight but Fridays i do get away with it a lil more, for the obvious reason lol )
Well... no one IMPORTANT gives a shit.

Blizzard

Banned
I lost like 9 rounds in a row, it was grand. Thankfully Oreo finally went non-heavy and I won a round.

And I want to high five someone so bad!

AcciDante said:
That was the best night of gaf tf2 we've ever head. PURE MAGIC. Some record the entire demo of Frontier and upload ALL OF IT.
FUKYOU....cant believe i missed good stuff for no reason :(.

so the item server backup?? i can run a idler tonight?

Acerac

Banned
JackFrost said:
FUKYOU....cant believe i missed good stuff for no reason :(
You were drunk! Nobody ever plays TF2 when they're drunk! It's against the law!

I never play this game when I'm sober.

Oreoleo

Blizzard said:
I lost like 9 rounds in a row, it was grand. Thankfully Oreo finally went non-heavy and I won a round.

And I want to high five someone so bad!

I can high five you tomorrow thanks to my awesome drop!

Can someone (Yeef? Please?) give me an idiots guide to running the demos from the janky ass stats page? When I try to run them from the page I get an error about gameinfo.txt not being valid in my /hl2 folder, and when I save the demo I just plain have no idea how to play it after I load the game.

Acerac

Banned
JackFrost said:
lol guess thats why i always enjoy when you around when i play gaf
Hell yeah! It's how I avoid getting too annoyed with this game.

Unless we play Hightower.

Fuck Hightower. I can lead my team in points and win both round and I'll STILL be pissed with the match once it ends.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Orellio said:
ICan someone (Yeef? Please?) give me an idiots guide to running the demos from the janky ass stats page? When I try to run them from the page I get an error about gameinfo.txt not being valid in my /hl2 folder, and when I save the demo I just plain have no idea how to play it after I load the game.

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Help:Recording_demos

Put in steam/steamapps/[username]/team fortress 2/tf
Start game
Open console with ~
Playdemo <filename>
Press Shift + F2 to bring up playback window

It helped that none of the SRS BSNS people were there. Well, except wartime, but he was one of the drunkies, so it's all good. :3

SURPRISE i have more videos (only two for now!)

Neither are from Frontier, although I did save two replays from that map. They're rendering now.

I love the new slo-mo option in the replay editor. Kind of disappointed it doesn't render the voices all slowed down. The preview played them back as such! Oh well.

For some reason, though, I think the rendered videos are missing my voice! How sad for all of you. ): I wonder if it's a bug when you're in a player's first-person POV. I will know shortly, I think.

Acerac said:
Hell yeah! It's how I avoid getting too annoyed with this game.

Unless we play Hightower.

Fuck Hightower. I can lead my team in points and win both round and I'll STILL be pissed with the match once it ends.
What a shame. Proof that you have poor taste.

Oreoleo

Borgnine said:
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Help:Recording_demos

Put in steam/steamapps/[username]/team fortress 2/tf
Start game
Open console with ~
Playdemo <filename>
Press Shift + F2 to bring up playback window

Hm, okay. I saw the text at the top of the demo page and tried to do that just now. When I tried to load the file, TF2 froze on me. Does it go to the loading screen like you are changing a map or do I need to be more patient?

Edit: oh there it goes. I think I was just being an impatient son of a bitch, thanks Borg.

KingOfKong said:
You guys are too good! Was having fun until somebody kept telling me how to play. Is there a way to mute people?

yes...this I know...hit esc while in game, hit the ear icon and then pick player

Blizzard

Banned
KingOfKong said:
You guys are too good! Was having fun until somebody kept telling me how to play. Is there a way to mute people?
You know you want to listen to our advice! All my losses were probably your fault! (just kidding, I have no idea who you are, but I hope I wasn't yelling at you)

Blizzard said:
You know you want to listen to our advice! All my losses were probably your fault! (just kidding, I have no idea who you are, but I hope I wasn't yelling at you)

I am MustacheBandit. Pretty new at the game so I am learning and probably don't make the best decisions haha. I don't even remember who it was, I just ended up leaving the server and joining a random pub. No biggie, now that I know how to mute all is well :)

Acerac

Banned
Togglesworlh said:
What a shame. Proof that you have poor taste.
Poor taste? I just like maps that end if neither team is making progress. I have a mental defect where I constantly try to win maps, and that causes me to die an extraordinary amount of the time on Hightower if my opponents are actually awake and defending. I do significantly better when I just act like a jackass and farm the opposition, but that bugs me.

Warpath would be almost as bad if it didn't have multiple routes to capture points. Thankfully it does so turtles can be alleviated with relative ease.

JackFrost said:
yes...this I know...hit esc while in game, hit the ear icon and then pick player

Truly the best feature in TF2

Orellio said:
Hm, okay. I saw the text at the top of the demo page and tried to do that just now. When I tried to load the file, TF2 froze on me. Does it go to the loading screen like you are changing a map or do I need to be more patient?
Demo playback is goddamn horrendous. Before the replay editor came out and that was the only way I had to actually record replays, I never knew when it would crash next. It was inconsistent in every way, other than being consistently horrible.

Oreoleo

Okay next question regarding demos. Is there no way to pull up regular replay controls for them? I mean shift+f2 has SOME controls.. but aside from pause and ff and whatnot it's all buried in menus and stuff. I'm slightly confused (and buzzed, still. so forgive me). Just tell me it's possible to save replays that are uploadable to Youtube and I'll be happy.

Togglesworlh said:
Demo playback is goddamn horrendous. Before the replay editor came out and that was the only way I had to actually record replays, I never knew when it would crash next. It was inconsistent in every way, other than being consistently horrible.

Yeah, it just crashed on me in the middle of the replay and I wasnt really doing anything except moving the camera around to follow the action. I'll mess with it more tomorrow. I know you've uploaded videos from demos in the past though, right? My spirits remain high.

Orellio said:
Okay next question regarding demos. Is there no way to pull up regular replay controls for them?
Correct. There is no way.

There might be a way to convert demos to replays, though. I have no idea.

The way I used to upload videos recorded from demos was by using Fraps. The in-game video renderer ALWAYS crashed on me. I never once got it to work. Maybe that's different now, although I doubt it, since the demo player is just as unstable as it used to be.

Seam

Banned
KingOfKong said:
I am MustacheBandit. Pretty new at the game so I am learning and probably don't make the best decisions haha. I don't even remember who it was, I just ended up leaving the server and joining a random pub. No biggie, now that I know how to mute all is well :)

It must have been Dr. Kirby...

Oreoleo

Togglesworlh said:
The way I used to upload videos recorded from demos was by using Fraps. The in-game video renderer ALWAYS crashed on me. I never once got it to work. Maybe that's different now, although I doubt it, since the demo player is just as unstable as it used to be.

Cool, thanks for the heads up. Me and AcciDante are sort of trying to work our way through it and that's what he's doing right now (Using FRAPS). I'll mess with it more tomorrow. Shame the in-game demo controls aren't more fleshed out/stable though.

Acerac

Banned
KingOfKong said:
Welcome to the server. It can be a bit overwhelming at first, especially with all the people telling you where you are fucking up, but it's amazing how much you improve while playing in this environment. As long as you are liberal with the mute button and willing to learn from your deaths it never gets too annoying. ;)

I started less than half a year ago myself and now I dominate in pug servers thanks to all the practice I've gotten on JankyGAF. If you want to learn to get decent at this game it's a great first step. :)

Acerac said:
Welcome to the server. It can be a bit overwhelming at first, especially with all the people telling you where you are fucking up, but it's amazing how much you improve while playing in this environment. As long as you are liberal with the mute button and willing to learn from your deaths it never gets too annoying. ;)

I started less than half a year ago myself and now I dominate in pug servers thanks to all the practice I've gotten on JankyGAF. If you want to learn to get decent at this game it's a great first step. :)

That's good to know, thanks. One Thing I noticed is how uber everybody is with the scout on the server. In random pugs they are a joke class to me but they are serious business on the gaf server!

Acerac

Banned
KingOfKong said:
That's good to know, thanks. One Thimbu I noticed is how uber everybody is with the scout on the server. In random pugs they are a joke class to me but they are serious business on the gaf server!
Yeah, scouts never cease to be a hassle once you get in to the more skilled servers. You're not alone in your annoyance, on a typical pug server they are easy pickings for my soldier but on JankyGAF they are incessant flies that I can never seem to swat.

Minisentries seem to be my best option against them, hence the constant bitching you hear about the builds. For reference, if you play any amount of time on this server you'll hear a lot of whining about minisentries and heavy. It'd be best to not let it discourage you from using either if you enjoy it. Sometimes easymode is helpful for getting used to the way things work in the game.

Chesskid1

Banned
holy shit, i'm a huge fan of your work kingofkongs so it will be awesome playing with you! enjoy the server man, once you start playing "competitive" tf2, you can't really go back.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
KingOfKong said:
lol, it's all in good fun. I don't think you should mute any of the regulars since you will lose out on hilarity and chatter later.

You aren't Egallager so I wasn't complaining about you using the Quick-Fix to heal people.
Otherwise you'll learn what to do or not do by watching and dieing a lot.

I don't remember your screen name so that might be good or bad on how you look at it. :)

You learn things like if you see a demoman with a bombing hat or a samurai hat on you run away :p
And to never go up stairs without shooting your teammate that is on them. And turning around every 3 seconds. And sticking with your team.

I think I've been playing too much TF2. I just watched The Thing and the entire time I was thinking "This wouldn't happen if you assholes spy checked every once in a while".

AcciDante

Hazaro said:
lol, it's all in good fun. I don't think you should mute any of the regulars since you will lose out on hilarity and chatter later.

You aren't Egallager so I wasn't complaining about you using the Quick-Fix to heal people.
Otherwise you'll learn what to do or not do by watching and dieing a lot.

I don't remember your screen name so that might be good or bad on how you look at it. :)

You learn things like if you see a demoman with a bombing hat or a samurai hat on you run away :p
And to never go up stairs without shooting your teammate that is on them. And turning around every 3 seconds. And sticking with your team.
Quick Fix is great, fuck you guys!

AcciDante

Professor Beef said:
If Quick-Fix could overheal, then it would be great.
It's usually not a problem if you're using it appropriately. It's for times when your team is frantically capping a point or pushing the kart up a hill and you just need to keep as many people as possible alive! Of course you don't use it to pocket one person and fight sentries.

Professor Beef said:
If Quick-Fix could overheal, then it would be great.
The only thing I'd want the Quick-Fix to do is give some sort of crit resistance when ubering, like the set bonus that The Hibernating Bear set bonus gives the Heavy.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Quick fix is bad and you're bad if you use quick fix. Push cart with it? The fuck is the point if the cart already heals you? I can push the cart with overheals on my team.

Quick fix medic is troll medic; you assholes might as well go battle medic for all the good it does your team.

And kingofkong, you need to mute people like borsalino who only spams music and doesn't contribute (spy checks). People giving advice on the server generally give good advice, unless it really was blizzard, who gives bad advice.

KingOfKong said:
Don't take it too hard. Blizzard doesn't like to lose hard. He gets mad salty sometimes.

yeoz

Heads up! Since the latest patches the "(not usable in crafting)" status goes away as a result of in-tf2-client trades. You can clean up your uncraftable stuff that way. Not sure how long before they'll fix it.

Go Go Go! (hope no one minds the dupe.)

Already fixed? :(

Well, I spent the night at the emergency room at the hospital because my 2 years old could'd breath (bronchitis). So if someone can upload some videos of this so called "magical night" to youtube I will appreciate it.

yeoz said:
Heads up! Since the latest patches the "(not usable in crafting)" status goes away as a result of in-tf2-client trades. You can clean up your uncraftable stuff that way. Not sure how long before they'll fix it.

Buying 50 demo fro's, I am seriuous, I guess the trick is to trade them before crafting them together

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
yeoz said:

i have an 'untradeable' reclaimed...can i get rid of this? :(

Togglesworlh said:
But uh next time remember no one gives a shit if you're drunk. U:

It is a part of my trolling scheme. The fact that I am drunk and still at the top of the score board. (srs bsns) Oh and they all copied me.

Top Bottom