• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I WAS COMING IN HERE TO POST THAT AGHHHHHHHH.

It's ok because I got this SWEET HAT, and this SWEET MEDAL.
Traded blueprints and a bit of metal for the TC.

eRA2Z.jpg

Hazaro said:
I WAS COMING IN HERE TO POST THAT AGHHHHHHHH.

It's ok because I got this SWEET HAT, and this SWEET MEDAL.
Traded blueprints and a bit of metal for the TC.

http://i.imgur.com/eRA2Z.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
That reminds me, it's stupid that I can't use my service medal and pocket medic at the same time. They don't even occupy the same space.

SteveWinwood said:
I WANT TEN MISC SLOTS
FUCK YOU VALVE YOU SUCK
It doesn't matter how many misc slots there are! They're apparently incompatible despite not being near eachother in their placement.

But seriously give me 10 slots.

n0b

The best part of tonight's matches was when I mantreaded crushed and he lost his mind and started typing in all caps.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Also I like my highlander medal so I'm trying to unload the Clan Pride. Prices can pretty much only go down from the update right?
Or someone can buy it from me and put a NeoGAF logo on it.

Can anyone advice me on this whole Decal Tool thing? I'll love you long time. Here's my problem:

I've been testing a variety of concepts for my Clan Pride medal in the Source SDK. In the SDK, they all look great and the colors are exactly as I designed them to be. Nice.

But then I load said image using the Decal Tool in the actual game (just to test) and woah! Some of the colors have changed completely and now it doesn't look right. Specifically, I'm matching the gold color for part of the medal and I have a slightly darker shade of green on it. Both of those colors freak the hell out in the actual tool.

I can correct the colors on my image to make them look perfect in the Decal Tool...but when I load them in the SDK they're way off.

I don't know which is correct. Is it possible that the SDK one would look correct if I confirmed that version even though it look like shit on the Decal Tool preview? Or should I trust what the Decal Tool is telling me?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

1up said:
Oh! So it's not just me.

I thought it was an OS X issue.

XeroSauce

Dreams-Visions said:
Can anyone advice me on this whole Decal Tool thing? I'll love you long time. Here's my problem:

I've been testing a variety of concepts for my Clan Pride medal in the Source SDK. In the SDK, they all look great and the colors are exactly as I designed them to be. Nice.

But then I load said image using the Decal Tool in the actual game (just to test) and woah! Some of the colors have changed completely and now it doesn't look right. Specifically, I'm matching the gold color for part of the medal and I have a slightly darker shade of green on it. Both of those colors freak the hell out in the actual tool.

I can correct the colors on my image to make them look perfect in the Decal Tool...but when I load them in the SDK they're way off.

I don't know which is correct. Is it possible that the SDK one would look correct if I confirmed that version even though it look like shit on the Decal Tool preview? Or should I trust what the Decal Tool is telling me?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Oh! So it's not just me.

I thought it was an OS X issue.
From what I heard, the in-game Decal tool uses a lot of desaturization to 'Fortressize' the picutre. Saturate and brighten it slighty before testig it.

I was just playing against a Demo that was freely able to switch between his Half-Zatoichi and his launcher. Did they change the weapon or something?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Tkawsome said:
I was just playing against a Demo that was freely able to switch between his Half-Zatoichi and his launcher. Did they change the weapon or something?
I remember hearing if you did it a certain way, you could switch freely.

Hylian7

It just now hit me that the Pyro can equip the Reserve Shooter. I think we are upon the greatest Pyro loadout of all time, gentlemen.

Degreaser
Reserve Shooter
Axestinguisher/Postal Pummeler

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Tkawsome said:
If you switch before the weapon is fully drawn you can go back. Before a patch you could switch at will.

Maybe it's a script or something now I don't know.

Hazaro said:
If you switch before the weapon is fully drawn you can go back. Before a patch you could switch at will.

Maybe it's a script or something now I don't know.

I must have been something else, he was using the sword to kill multiple people and wold switch back to his launcher whenever he needed to.

Blizzard

Banned
Hylian7 said:
It just now hit me that the Pyro can equip the Reserve Shooter. I think we are upon the greatest Pyro loadout of all time, gentlemen.

Degreaser
Reserve Shooter
Axestinguisher/Postal Pummeler
I kept trying that loadout, but it was a miserable failure. As someone else said, sometimes when you blast someone in the air it feels like the reserve shooter doesn't work properly, but that may just be imagination. The real problems are A) that most of the time, if I'm close enough to blast I could probably have set them on fire and axetinguished them, and B) half the time I go to pull out my flare gun to harass/kill someone at long range, and realize I have absolutely nothing that can hurt someone more than like 15 feet away.

Hylian7

Blizzard said:
I kept trying that loadout, but it was a miserable failure. As someone else said, sometimes when you blast someone in the air it feels like the reserve shooter doesn't work properly, but that may just be imagination. The real problems are A) that most of the time, if I'm close enough to blast I could probably have set them on fire and axetinguished them, and B) half the time I go to pull out my flare gun to harass/kill someone at long range, and realize I have absolutely nothing that can hurt someone more than like 15 feet away.
I was just trying it in TR Walkway and could easily get 2-3 shots in midair from an airblast. Maybe it's lag that's causing it? Also, is the switch time actually as fast at the Degreaser time + Reserve Shooter time? Do you only get the benefit of one or both?

Hylian7

JackFrost said:
dont the tokens have to be same class?
But it's a class token and a slot token. Slot tokens have no class, the class of the class token is spy. Spy's primary is in fact the revolver, so it does exist for him.

Blizzard

Banned
But like, the scout can wear 4+ medals now, and everyone can make their own medals with custom graphix, right? Is it worth the effort? D:

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Professor Beef said:
I'll give it a shot, I guess.

EDIT: Oh wait, Euro? Count me out then, don't want to risk that much lag.
We did fine last time. Knocked some scrubs out.
They match all the non EU people with each other first.

Hazaro said:
We did fine last time. Knocked some scrubs out.
They match all the non EU people with each other first.
Oh. Well I guess that's not too bad.

I only really play Medic though, so I'm not sure if I can play in a GAF team. I might have an edge since I don't use QF though...

Tenck

Euro tourney :eek:

I need about 80-90 ping before I feel uncomfortable with Spy. Don't want to even imagine what 200+ ping will do to my sanity!!

Top Bottom