• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

n0b

:O Highlander is happening again?

I would be up for it again, probably should play heavy or engineer, though I'd be fine on medic if we have conflicts over classes again. (Fine with anything honestly, but I need to actually practice to get myself up to par for the other classes.)

Yeef

An optional update for Team Fortress 2 is now available. The specific changes include:

Team Fortress 2:
- The Mannniversary Sale has ended, though Manniversary Packages will continue to drop for a short time
- The Mannniversary Paper Hat is no longer craftable
- Removed the painterly filter option on Decal Tools
- Added loading screen tooltip about the new abuse reporting system
- Added a default key binding for filing an abuse report (F7)
- Fixed a common in-game client crash
- Fixed a client crash when opening the loadout screen
- Fixed a client crash related to sniper dots
- Fixed a server crash that occurred when running both SourceTV and Replay
- Fixed high five taunts applying the wielded weapon's taunt effect
- Fixed "Cannot Craft" text not appearing on certain item tooltips
- Updated localization files

Steam Workshop:
- Fixed not being able to retrieve Steam Workshop items if any item had been deleted
- Increased Steam Workshop preview image size from 256x256 to 512x512

Jason
Brrrt.

I still have 2 paper hats left to craft! Oh well.

Drkirby said:
So the Paper hat is now worth what, a scrap?

I'd laugh really hard if the paper hat was crafted in such high percentages that it's actually fairly rare now.

That won't happen, but it's still an amusing mental image.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Is the Conscientious Objector worth anything in the trading market? I just had it drop and noticed it was $12.99 in the MannCo store.

Yeef

I got tons of hats from those paper hats. Some of them new, some not. All useful. Like 5 minutes before the patch I crafted 2 together and got the Tavish Degroot Experience.

ok what the fuck exactly made this fucking update so goddamn special that its still fucking crashing a week later? Did tf2 finally hit its max value for hats and the engine is just a bag of leaky shit now (like it ever wasnt before, but humor me here). This is fucking ridiculous i just lost a match because no one could switch to normal medigun because the fucking item servers were down again.

Yeef

ZombieSupaStar said:
ok what the fuck exactly made this fucking update so goddamn special that its still fucking crashing a week later? Did tf2 finally hit its max value for hats and the engine is just a bag of leaky shit now (like it ever wasnt before, but humor me here). This is fucking ridiculous i just lost a match because no one could switch to normal medigun because the fucking item servers were down again.
The Manniversary patch put the tf2 gcf over 4GB, which may or may not have repercussions on the game's internal file system.

Sgt.Pepper said:
lol @ bunch of hoarders that paid 1 ref for it can't craft them now. At least they can sell them for 2 scraps or something. lol
Haha I can't say I didn't see it coming. Make Mann Store hats craftable? People buying Fros in bulk, no longer craftable. Release a craft hat to everyone playing the game? People trying to get them on the cheap because of that, no longer craftable.

yeoz

Yeef said:
Team Fortress 2:
- Fixed "Cannot Craft" text not appearing on certain item tooltips
Still not fixed for in-tf2-trading. BUYER BEWARE!
also of note, uncraftable items still aren't tradeable via steam-client trades, so that should be somewhat safer.

Sianos

Haha, I just traded my paper hat for a Rocket Jumper last night: hopefully he crafted it before the update.

I'd love to be the team's backup Scout if Kuro pulls a vocal chord, but I'm just too busy lately. As far as the server goes, I probably won't be on until next week, so have fun without me!

My two biggest weaknesses are my aim and my tendency to be over aggressive, sacrificing myself to take out a Medic when I should just wait. I'm happy with how my positioning has improved: I'm getting better at ambushing, cutting people off from health and escape routes, and feeling the general flow of different maps.

Rickenslacker said:
Haha I can't say I didn't see it coming. Make Mann Store hats craftable? People buying Fros in bulk, no longer craftable. Release a craft hat to everyone playing the game? People trying to get them on the cheap because of that, no longer craftable.

THe downside to buying 'fros is that whatever you made is non-tradable, and there's no way I'm paying $2.00 per hat to do so.

Thagomizer said:
THe downside to buying 'fros is that whatever you made is non-tradable, and there's no way I'm paying $2.00 per hat to do so.
Hmm? I thought store bought items were no different than dropped stuff at the start of the update, and the sale in the Mann Store had Fros as the cheapest hat at like 70 cents.

i am getting way too angry at medics

(seriously technomancer you were healing a heavy, you had full uber, and their teleporter and sentry were right next to you WHY WHY WHY did you run away and die and not just pop the uber)

AcciDante said:
Getting ready to uber, aaaaaaaaaaaaaand...crash.

I was just playing on a map where a Medic and Demo were suspended in the air, wasting their uber.

I would have laughed except my game has crashed 3 times in 20 minutes.

AcciDante said:
We can't be having admins kicking regulars for no reason. Take n0b's admin away so Kuro will come back.

oh man....wat I miss

tumblr_lsyheeJyPf1r01pts.gif

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
The joys of giving admin to every person that wants it.

I personally love how every map that is voted upon is seemingly changed by an admin right before the map change.

AcciDante

Iadien said:

I personally love how every map that is voted upon is seemingly changed by an admin right before the map change.
haha, that is a necessary action sometimes. An active server can be killed by a round of degroot!

n0b

AcciDante said:
We can't be having admins kicking regulars for no reason. Take n0b's admin away so Kuro will come back.

There are reasons. But they have nothing to do with the server and you're right I shouldn't have done it, and I'm sorry I did. If Kuro wants to know why he can talk to me, but it doesn't belong on the server or in the thread.

Javaman

Iadien said:

Who is doing that?

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Javaman said:
Who is doing that?

I have no clue, as I don't know who the admins are. I just know that maps are often changed to a map other than what was voted, in my experience.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Iadien said:

This is pretty rare. The proof is that we still end up playing Degroot 40 times a night.

Tenck

Clydefrog said:
hahaha admins in trouble

i am the 99%

We don't know why n0b kicked Kuro, so he's not necessarily in trouble.

n0b has also been here for a long time. I doubt he would do something irrational without having a reason for his actions.

Yeef

Drama is the worst! Why can't we all just get along!

I've put n0b on probation. He's no longer admin as of the next map change.

Iadien said:

Only one person that's an admin asked for it. Everyone else was made an admin by my own whims.

No one is changing the map votes. If the vote doesn't finish before the map change the server just picks a random map. If people would actaully defend on CTF maps maybe they wouldn't end before the 3 minutes into round that the vote starts...

Top Bottom