• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Drkirby said:
I am led to the conclusion that Togglesworth must be a shared gaf account for members of TF2 Gaf to say angry statements anomalously.
I figured Kuro's anger was so great it manifested itself into a physical form and got a GAF account.

Yeef

Forkball said:
You fools, don't play until the update hits. YOU'RE MISSING PRECIOUS DROPS.
I have more than enough items to craft everything I'll want when an update comes out and more than enough accounts to get any new items via drops within a week!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeef said:
I have more than enough items to craft everything I'll want when an update comes out and more than enough accounts to get any new items via drops within a week!
Clearly your sight is going bad yeef, you still need 16 more items to have enough.

AND I GOT MY MAUL! I AM SO HAPPY!

9gYYV.jpg

Forkball

Yeoz gave me an Original for like a scrap when they were really uncommon. It says "crafted by yeoz" on it. I'll be DAMNED before I trade or craft it away.

Yeef

Yeoz gave me 20 refined to craft a fancy dress uniform. Every single time it was an armored authority.

Yeoz is the best! Crafting is the worst!

Sibylus

Banned
Togglesworlh said:
I don't. It totally does not mesh at all with TF2's style.

If that can be fixed, though, I'm all for it.
Can tell it's fairly early on in terms of art passes and the like, but I really like the idea of a multi-elevation Christmas island for TF2. Sue me!

Yeef

Question for you people:

I'm planning on getting a temporary, second server to deal with the inevitable traffic bump form the Halloween update. It'll be a reduced player count (somewhere between 12 and 18). I plan on calling it "The Waiting Room." It'll constantly advertise the status of 4.0 and allow you to get moved over when a slot frees.

The question is, as far as the server goes would you prefer something semi-serious, something along the lines of the main server, or something completely crazy with all sorts of game-changing plugins and mods?

My original plan was to make it a highlander / No Crit server, but then I was browsing the SourceMod plugins and realized all that stupid crap I'd never add to a 'real' server I could mess around with now. Crap like this and this. So, I ask you, fair GAF people, what you would prefer.

Also, would you prefer to have the new Halloween map(s) come up never, normally, frequently or 24/7?

[EDIT] Also, non-Halloween maps: Stock only, custom only, mix, none?

Yeef

Professor Beef said:
I want the server to deal with real-life problems, like the ones I face every day.
Do you not face the problem of a fat Italian plumber in Red overalls trying to jump on your head everyday? because I do!

Yeef said:
Question for you people:

I'm planning on getting a temporary, second server to deal with the inevitable traffic bump form the Halloween update. It'll be a reduced player count (somewhere between 12 and 18). I plan on calling it "The Waiting Room." It'll constantly advertise the status of 4.0 and allow you to get moved over when a slot frees.

The question is, as far as the server goes would you prefer something semi-serious, something along the lines of the main server, or something completely crazy with all sorts of game-changing plugins and mods?

My original plan was to make it a highlander / No Crit server, but then I was browsing the SourceMod plugins and realized all that stupid crap I'd never add to a 'real' server I could mess around with now. Crap like this and this. So, I ask you, fair GAF people, what you would prefer.

Also, would you prefer to have the new Halloween map(s) come up never, normally, frequently or 24/7?

If its a waiting room why would it be serious. Go all out with the goofy. Just not mario kart.

Yeef said:
Do you not face the problem of a fat Italian plumber in Red overalls trying to jump on your head everyday? because I do!
Maybe we should do just the opposite and have the server get into far-out situations involving robots and magic powers.

Forkball

Yeef said:
Question for you people:

For the kiddie pool server? A mix is best. There are quite a few stock maps people generally hate, and customs only = confusion 24/7.

Also I want to reserve a spot in the server tomorrow at 9 PM. Make it so.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeef said:
Question for you people:

The crazy fun server. Also, I say we ask Yeoz nicely if we could use his idle server as a gift server, since some gaffers will want to gift farm.

Yeef

Drkirby said:
The crazy fun server. Also, I say we ask Yeoz nicely if we could use his idle server as a gift server, since some gaffers will want to gift farm.
Gift farming may have negative consequences on the steam account of the person running the server this year. Not sure that Yeoz would want to risk that.

Tenck

ArtistDude88 said:
That g-stomp mod looks hilarious!

But what aboot SAXTON HALE MOD!

Saxton cheats with his f**king razorback though.

No VS Saxton Hale! Boo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeoz

Yeef said:
Gift farming may have negative consequences on the steam account of the person running the server this year. Not sure that Yeoz would want to risk that.
Yeah. They put out a stern warning against doing anything like that for the Halloween 2011 event.
* Valve *MAY* associate negative reputation data (bans, blacklists, records of
abuse or cheating, etc) not just to the game server account, but also to the IP
address or owning steam account. (*Not* just a specific IP:port combination!)
We understand that not everyone has control over all the ports on their IP.
Hopefully the reasons why these sorts of policies are necessary are obvious.
Bottom line: protect the reputation of any servers running on your IP.

* We will be watching for servers who are exploiting the gift and drop system,
and reserve the right to take action against the account, game server, IP, and
steam account that owns the game server. We are not going to provide an exact
definition of exactly what is OK and what is not. However, here are two
examples of abusive activity: 1.) Giving certain plays on your server special
powers or preferential treatment with regard to gifts. 2.) Using automated
methods to collect gifts into lots of free accounts, causing them to be
devalued in the TF economy.
My idle server is registered under my steam account, but, the farming I was doing for various people was registered under a different alt.
But a possible IP ban is srs bsns, so I'm not even going to risk it for the halloween 2011 stuff.

And given that the warning also says "drop system", i think I might start running my idle server under yet another alt account registration :(

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Forkball said:
I wonder if the gifts will actually be worth a damn this year since Valve is being all serious pants about them.
There will be Unusual Genuine Vintage #1 Max Heads with Earbuds in the box.

Valve should actually do something really tongue in cheek like that.

Forkball said:
I wonder if the gifts will actually be worth a damn this year since Valve is being all serious pants about them.
There's a crazy established economy now which might be why they're being more serious pants.

Top Bottom