• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Proven

I express regret that I have not been able to play on any day the server has been set to rotation since it's been implemented.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think the biggest problem with the rotation is that if I read right, it is actually random. It needs to be a proper rotation.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Rotation, no rotation, whatever, the fact is you jerks let the server die last night. I had to go pubstomp, which all well and good except I couldn't keep my dominations because of all the ragequitting. Also I had to see "how do you cloak as a spy" in the chat. No man should have to witness such things.

Proven

Borgnine said:
Rotation, no rotation, whatever, the fact is you jerks let the server die last night. I had to go pubstomp, which all well and good except I couldn't keep my dominations because of all the ragequitting. Also I had to see "how do you cloak as a spy" in the chat. No man should have to witness such things.
I should play in pubs more.

Borgnine

divisionbyzorro said:
Hold the ALT key, then press F4.

This is precisely what everyone told him. Someone else asked "how do I get a minigun?" I said "select heavy," but they might have been trollin.

Proven said:
I express regret that I have not been able to play on any day the server has been set to rotation since it's been implemented.
Me, too. Sort of.

Both times I've tried, I've been so riddled with crashes that I just fucking gave up.

Blizzard

Banned
I actually didn't crash last night. Of course, I only played like 10-15 minutes and got an audio loop that was ALMOST a crash, but I wisely left the server before the game had a chance to crash.

I mean, hl2.exe then crashed on exit, but it's done that for like 2 years and it's not like someone is going to fix it.

Rapstah

Alt-F4 closes the console if you have it open. Since TF2 doesn't really use any other windows of that type for anything that'd be all it does in TF2.

Blizzard said:
I actually didn't crash last night. Of course, I only played like 10-15 minutes and got an audio loop that was ALMOST a crash, but I wisely left the server before the game had a chance to crash.
Yeah, I noticed that's also made a comeback for me.

SERIOUSLY. The MOST STABLE IT'S EVER BEEN FOR ME. Including post-launch after they fixed all the launch bugs. And then they ruin it.

Manniversaryyyyyy! *shakes fist*

People sure forgot about hatless update and the shitty crashes. Maybe because it didn't have hats? :O (It did come with the Companion Cube Pin, though)

Sgt.Pepper said:
People sure forgot about hatless update and the shitty crashes. Maybe because it didn't have hats? :O (It did come with the Companion Cube Pin, though)
Nobody's forgetting anything. TF2 updates have always been harbingers of doom.

But this is worse than usual AND it followed a period of perfect stability (at least, for me it did).

On the other hand. Can you guys imagine TF2 without Spies?

mVtuE.jpg

Yeef

Sirs, may I present to you, the GAF Waiting Room.

Let's get all of the boring stuff out of the way first:
  • Player slots: 18
  • Replays
  • No SourceTV, demos or stats
  • All of the same people that have panel access have it for the new server as well, so you can bug them for updates. (Yeef, Remy, Artist Dude, Borgnine, Javaman, Blizzard, Sciz and n0b(?))
  • All of the same people have admin powers (Remy, Yeef, Blizzard, Javaman, NerOh, ArtistDude, Doug Welder, DrKirby, Commissar Bacon, Wartime, Toxic Xcstacy, Twig, Baha, Inkwell, Borgnine, Speculawyer, Forkball, Spaceboy, Zerokku, Sciz & Fallengorn)
  • 5 New people have admin powers on the new server (but not The Jank) (Pangloss, Whoreoleo, Yasae, SgtPepper & Yeoz) bind something to sm_admin
  • The server will constantly report the status of The Jank in chat. To join when there's a slot you can just type !hop or !servers. They you'll have to press F3 (askconnect_accept) to be redirected. Note: make sure you have cl_showpluginmessages enabled. Chris' configs disable it.
  • You'll need to enable all downloads in advanced options to play some of the modes without crashing.
  • Running only stock maps except for:
  • Cashworks
  • Watermill
  • Mill (KOTH)
  • Pacman (KOTH)
  • Peaks
  • Sleepy Hamlet
  • Brickyard
  • Panic
  • Waste (Arena)
  • Hardhat (Arena)
  • Hydro (Arena)
  • Now the fun stuff:
    • Always On
      • Pregame Slaughter - You have until the end of waiting for players (60 seconds) to kill as many of your teammates as possible. A random mod will be applied during this time (full crits, melee only, mini crits, no primary, etc).
      • Taunt Crits - Taunt and get crits for a couple of seconds
      • Goomba Stomp - Jump on someone's head for an instant kill.
      • Class-based Shotguns - Stock shotgun gets added abilities for each class. Pyro sets people on fire (if you do more than 50 dmaage), Engineer gets metal (and over-metal), heavy gets health (and over heal).
    • Voted On or Off
      • Class Warfare - Picks two classes and locks each team to one class. i.e. BLU spies vs. Red engineers. You can vote to turn it on by saying "warfare" in chat.
      • Highlander - You can vote to turn highlander on by saying "highlander" in chat.
      • No Crits - You can vote to disable (or re-enable) crits by saying "randomcrits" in chat.
    • Modes
      • Standard - Regular Gameplay. All maps played. Goomba Stomp, Warfare, etc. are still enabled.
      • Halloween - Same as Standard, but only Halloween maps.
      • Zombie Fortress - Left4Dead style mod. One team is the survivors, the other the infected. infected are limited to melee only. Killing a survivor moves them over to the infected side. The goal is to complete the objectives as normal (for both teams) or kill all of the survivors (infected). All non-Arena maps enabled.
      • The Hidden - One player plays as a spy with always-on invisibility, boosted health and special abilities. Right click does a super jump. Right click while you're against a wall/ceiling will make you stick to it. Arena maps only. {Video}
      • Assassination - One player on either team is the Assassin and another player on the opposite team is the target. As the Assassin, killing the target gets your team lots of points (and bonuses for backstands, headshots and reflects). While you're the assassin everyone on your team gets a point for each kill. The target's team get no points for kill. Killing the Assassin makes you the assassin. First team to 100 wins. All non-arena maps.
      • The Quickening - This is an Arena mod where everyone plays as a demoknight. After killing a person you have to taunt within 5 seconds or they will respawn. Randomly, on a kill, players will switch team (so the guy next to you who's on your team may not be in a second). Last-man standing wins. Arena Maps only.
      • Vs. Saxton Hale - No description necessary. Arena maps only.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Sgt.Pepper said:
On the other hand. Can you guys imagine TF2 without Spies?

mVtuE.jpg
I wanted to find an image with like 10 sentry guns all over the point, but this is somehow the best I could find:
54170.jpg

Pretend the spies were sentry guns!

Borgnine

Yeef said:
Sirs, may I present to you, the GAF Waiting Room.

hWejI.gif

The server will constantly report the status of The Jank in chat. To join when there's a slot you can just type !hop or !servers. They you'll have to press F3 (askconnect_accept) to be redirected. Note: make sure you have cl_showpluginmessages enabled.

This is way complicated and will cause confusion among the idiots that play on GAF. I don't want to have to input some C++ to join Jank. Wouldn't it be easier to just join Waiting Room and then use the regular auto-join when slot is available for Jank?

Yeef

Borgnine said:
This is way complicated and will cause confusion among the idiots that play on GAF. I don't want to have to input some C++ to join Jank. Wouldn't it be easier to just join Waiting Room and then use the regular auto-join when slot is available for Jank?
Yes. But this is a backup method.

Blizzard

Banned
What we need to do is come up with a server system so complicated that no one can LEAVE. No matter what people do, TF2 will automatically rejoin the server/restart the client unless the proper sequence of actions are used to escape.

Clydefrog

Yeah, to be honest, that sounds like a fun waiting room (except the shotgun thing, that sounds really stupid). But you couldn't even add lazytown in the WAITING ROOM?

The boycott continues.

Drkirby said:
Alright, here you go pepper, a world with no spies:
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/595826512472454138/3288C791F54D975AA140BE09AF56E93EA50F4B01/[img]

It is a very lonely world.[/QUOTE]
Seems perfectly fine. Just need some ubers and demos.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Sgt.Pepper said:
Seems perfectly fine. Just need some ubers and demos.
Oh they tried, they tried hard, but the knock back was simply to much. They even tried a chain of quick fixes and ubers to get rid of the knockback, but it was no use.

Yeef

Clydefrog said:
Yeah, to be honest, that sounds like a fun waiting room (except the shotgun thing, that sounds really stupid). But you couldn't even add lazytown in the WAITING ROOM?

The boycott continues.
You should really learn to read.

Top Bottom