• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

You just don't know how/when to use it. It's one of the best tools to get the final point on 5cp maps or any other with a fast cap. It even works against sentries most of the time. Also beats out uber and kritz on fast KOTH maps and any time there's an extended battle without people dying. Overheal is overrated. Most people play sloppier when they have extra health and lose the boost right away. Uber is great against hard walls or choke points, kritz is great for crowd clearing and at choke points. Most everything else can be done with the quickfix. I would like to see some krit resistance when it's deployed though.

+1

Haters gonna refuse to alter their play styles to help the Quick Fix medic be more effective and improve their teams overall chances of success hate.

Blizzard

Banned
Tragically, the quick fix turns out to work terribly like 90% of the time, especially when defense consists of huge mounds of engineers and demomans.

Javaman might do okay with it, but he doesn't count since he has medic hax. =P

I feel like typically the way offensive quick fix or kritzkrieg works is "okay, let's move around this corner to attack the enemies now".

*medic dies to crit rocket/crit sticky/headshot in the next second, all three level 3 sentries stay alive*

I have a caber and sticky jumper now

CABERMAN™

j7z9S.jpg

Goooood.... Gooooooooood.... Another one for the cause!

I have 3 keys I want to trade. I'm looking for offers, but I mainly want hats and misc items:

Things I might be interested:

- Lord Cockswain's Pith Helmet
- Lord Cockswain's Novelty Mutton Chops and Pipe
- Dragon Born Helmet
- Sign of the Wolf's School
- Hero's Tail
- Last Breath
- Stereoscopic Shades
- Noh Mercy

I'll check any offer of course.

Chesskid1

Banned
wow, i just found my first unusual.

KQkpF.jpg

i think this is my 7th or 8th key used total, from saving up my metal. don't think it's worth that much (any thoughts?), but still not bad since i play engineer a bit. i just save up all my metal from my 4 idle accounts (i just purchased them on christmas actually) and go crazy and get like 4 keys at the end of the month. happy to find one so fast, since i heard they are pretty rare to uncrate.

also tf2wh is also full of stock, it took me hours to trade in my metal for keys. so annoying.

Tenck

KQkpF.jpg

i think this is my 7th or 8th key used total, from saving up my metal. don't think it's worth that much, but still not bad since i play engineer a bit. i just save up all my metal from my 4 idle accounts and go crazy and get like 4 keys at the end of the month. happy to find one so fast, since i heard they are pretty rare to uncrate.

Yeah they're rare, so rare that Valve is filled with assholes who thinks it's funny that I should never uncrate a hat (even a regular one!)

Always get terrible items.

http://i.imgur.com/KQkpF.jpg[IMG]

i think this is my 7th or 8th key used total, from saving up my metal. don't think it's worth that much, but still not bad since i play engineer a bit. i just save up all my metal from my 4 idle accounts and go crazy and get like 4 keys at the end of the month. happy to find one so fast, since i heard they are pretty rare to uncrate.[/QUOTE]Congrats! I tend to save up the keys I get through metal for game trades, but I consider blowing a few on crates every now and then.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces

KQkpF.jpg

i think this is my 7th or 8th key used total, from saving up my metal. don't think it's worth that much (any thoughts?), but still not bad since i play engineer a bit. i just save up all my metal from my 4 idle accounts (i just purchased them on christmas actually) and go crazy and get like 4 keys at the end of the month. happy to find one so fast, since i heard they are pretty rare to uncrate.

also tf2wh is also full of stock, it took me hours to trade in my metal for keys. so annoying.

Congrats!
7 or 8th key?! You son of a bitch

I think tf2wh capping their supply is probably the most annoying/frustrating thing about that site now.

I think tf2wh capping their supply is probably the most annoying/frustrating thing about that site now.
Yep. I'm pretty lazy so I usually shoveled my stuff there for quick ref instead of peddling the trenches of other trading sites. Nowadays I barely bother with it because a lot of items are at capacity.

Engy unusuals are hard to sell from what I hear. Homer gave me his sunbeams western wear for free FFS so you know it's difficult to sell. I gave it back though since playing engy is really annoying to me. Congrats on the hat though :D.

Javaman

Tragically, the quick fix turns out to work terribly like 90% of the time, especially when defense consists of huge mounds of engineers and demomans.

Javaman might do okay with it, but he doesn't count since he has medic hax. =P

I feel like typically the way offensive quick fix or kritzkrieg works is "okay, let's move around this corner to attack the enemies now".

*medic dies to crit rocket/crit sticky/headshot in the next second, all three level 3 sentries stay alive*

Yeah, it's pretty dangerous to use it around a choke point, but the biggest advantage is that it lets you cap while deployed unlike the uber. The kritz lets you do that too, but the QF lets you survive on the point through a whole lot more damage.

Blizzard

Banned
Yeah, it's pretty dangerous to use it around a choke point, but the biggest advantage is that it lets you cap while deployed unlike the uber. The kritz lets you do that too, but the QF lets you survive on the point through a whole lot more damage.
I'd rather have teammates follow the uber in (which I know, requires teamwork and thus won't happen and they might die), or just kill everyone while invincible and sort out the point capture after the fact. *heavy face*

And I don't even know what's in your avatar anymore! Suit of armor?

Javaman

I'd rather have teammates follow the uber in (which I know, requires teamwork and thus won't happen and they might die), or just kill everyone while invincible and sort out the point capture after the fact. *heavy face*

And I don't even know what's in your avatar anymore! Suit of armor?
It's from the first Dr. Who episode with Tom Baker, Robot. That thing was the cause of many childhood nightmares. Cheesy as shit now though.

KQkpF.jpg

very nice.

KQkpF.jpg

very nice, I think that particular effect is not bad either.

hylje

A Secret TF2 Project!
We can't tell you what it is, because they won't tell us, but what they WILL say is that it isn't a hat, it isn't a map, and go away. From this we can only conclude that the TF2 team is working on some ungodly hat-map hybrid that you can wear on your head while you run around in it. You heard it here first. Also last, because they just told us it's not that either.

http://teamfortress.com/post.php?id=7254

My balls are tingling now. AND RUH ROH MEET THE PYRO?

Top Bottom