• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Here's a chipper image of Oreoeoeoeoeooeoeoeoeooeoeoeoeoeooeoleo.

2Z2cb.jpg

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

DH is MORE accurate? Jarate best weapon in the game? Shortstop is better? Wow is this guy a fuckin nub. All he needs is to add quick shit and it would be a top ten reasons why I suck and know nothing about TF2 blog.

I do wonder what the best way to learn is though. I played on F7 mainly, and it was filled with people who knew what they were doing. Then I went on freefrag to see how people didn't know how to play and messed around to learn....it was like Valve 1.5 servers.

The Blutsauger is actually pretty good.

The shortstop is decent with the Milkman set. It used to be a lot better before they nerfed the reload time.

I'll agree that it's pretty good, but in no way does it deserve that #3 spot. I prefer the crossbow+amputator set, but maybe that's just cause I like getting kills with my saw and getting more self-healing. If you're a combat medic I suppose the blutsauger is the go-to weapon, though.

It is definitely easier to score points while doing some classes' "jobs" than others. What would you guys say are the rankings for average point totals for each class?

I would probably have...

Medic
Engi
Heavy
Demo
Soldier
Scout
Spy
Sniper
Pyro

But this is just a guess. The only ones I'm sure about are Medic on top and (probably) Pyro on bottom.

Yeef

It is definitely easier to score points while doing some classes' "jobs" than others. What would you guys say are the rankings for average point totals for each class?

I would probably have...

Medic
Engi
Heavy
Demo
Soldier
Scout
Spy
Sniper
Pyro

But this is just a guess. The only ones I'm sure about are Medic on top and (probably) Pyro on bottom.
For points, I think all classes are pretty balanced. Mainly because certain classes get points for doing things that are pretty easy. Pyro, for example, gets a point for extinguishing allies. Spy gets an extra point for a backstab and snipers get a half a point for headshots. It's pretty easy to get lots of points as any class, but a lot of it is circumstantial. For example, engineers get a lot of points via teleporters, but only if teammates actually use them. I've seen many times, when playing matchmaking, where people just don't use the teleporter even though it's right outside of spawn. Brain dead people, on either team, can get you lots of points or prevent you from getting lots of points.

Also, points don't matter.

As a low-skill player, the only time I get in the top three is with Medic, Heavy, or Engineer. So I think there's something to it being easy to "do well" with those classes, points-wise.

yeoz

points don't matter.
A lot of people play tf2 as if it's 'Personal Glory Fortress' and not 'Team Fortress'. Even if points don't matter, it makes me happier when I'm not on the bottom of the scoreboard. It makes me feel more productive that way, in spite of any actual level of productiveness.

Yeef

They should make a weapon that, if everyone on your team equips it and fires it at the same time (while standing in a star formation) it kills everyone on the enemy team (and all their buildings).

It would reward teamplay and It wouldn't be overpowered, because even with everyone on the other team dead no one would [push the cart/go for the flag/stand on the point/etc]

Alienups

Clan AA (auto-aim) snipers are pretty fucking epic

Guy mowed down people faster than a heavy. Really impressive stuff. Almost felt honored to be raped by him.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Would Kuro and Toggles just please make out already?

so much sexual tension

don't be jealous, you already got a dick in your mouth.

edit: ehhh at that sniper video. Go on GG some time if there's a guy called Grover there. He'll do that the entire goddamn match and not just show you bullshot clips. Him and dbz #ss are frighteningly good (especially dbz who's probably the best sniper I've ever played against).

cool right as i'm about to get an airshot flare on an uber-ready medic i get a random crash and then metaphorically steals my spot when i try to rejoin

Yeef

Tip for new players: Always capture D before E on Steel. It gives you more time and makes it much harder for the red team to defend.

Yeef

Turned disabled draw viewmodels tonight. I can't tell if it helped me or not, Lol. "Do I have the shotgun or DH out?!"
That's why I have it set to show them for a brief second whenever I change. Also, i only hide them for Scout, Soldier and Demo. For other classes, spy especially, it screws me up too much.

// Hide View Model
bind q "r_drawviewmodel 1;lastinv;wait 60;r_drawviewmodel 0"
bind 1 "r_drawviewmodel 1;slot1;wait 60;r_drawviewmodel 0"
bind 2 "r_drawviewmodel 1;slot2;wait 60;r_drawviewmodel 0"
bind 3 "r_drawviewmodel 1;slot3;wait 60;r_drawviewmodel 0"

400F13ED0646F0229791DD49E71FC7D7F91306D2

0140A45F517BB936FAA28D35FDC70855E9D389C0

CEA74CA50CA3D87F819962A80325DDEDDBCA6843

EF6C1599177D767A91EB619DB2C3A0317BDF3E60

Are people still using frankenhud or is there a newer better hud out there?
What makes a HUD better is generally up to preference. There are loads of HUDs out there, so you just need to identify what you need out of a HUD and get the one suited to you.

I use Community HUD in minmode because I like the health and ammo indicators near the center. As well as it showing the health cross and a number amount when I look over teammates and see killcams.

Here are a few that you can try out and look over, screenshot examples shamelessly stolen from GhosTZ on the Steam forums:
M0re HUD Screenshot
PVHud Screenshot
Community HUD Screenshot
Broesel HUD Screenshot
Garm3n HUD Screenshot

Top Bottom