• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Was able to run the game with dx9frames before, but have had to move to highframes because of the random stutters and drops. Dull game :(

Will try and run dx9frames again in the future, after the game updates again or something.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
What makes a HUD better is generally up to preference. There are loads of HUDs out there, so you just need to identify what you need out of a HUD and get the one suited to you.

I use Community HUD in minmode because I like the health and ammo indicators near the center. As well as it showing the health cross and a number amount when I look over teammates and see killcams.

Here are a few that you can try out and look over, screenshot examples shamelessly stolen from GhosTZ on the Steam forums:
M0re HUD Screenshot
PVHud Screenshot
Community HUD Screenshot
Broesel HUD Screenshot
Garm3n HUD Screenshot

Thanks for that. I've gone with Garm3n since it seems to be getting updated still and it's actually kinda awesome. I've ditched franken for now :D

Fixing valve's stupid lazy bugs again

They need to hire me just to take care of these super easy to fix bugs.

Also I have dubbed the icon for the submission "Red Lobster Monsters" just because they look like they have faces.

*walks out of spawn and dies*

Thanks for helping me get better GAF

Hahahaha i know that feeling

Javaman

Fixing valve's stupid lazy bugs again

They need to hire me just to take care of these super easy to fix bugs.

Also I have dubbed the icon for the submission "Red Lobster Monsters" just because they look like they have faces.

RLuAU.jpg

You gave me a big laugh tonight. I was a Spy trying to get headshots, on the last point of Badwater you walked into the map room, but you backed out slowly when I scored 3 headshots. lol

I waited for another 2 minutes but no one else came in.

Proven

Someone called, so I had to run. Watermill was my last for the night anyway. Please tell me my team won.

And Yeef! Let me know when the replays are up! I must save that Kritz Pyro run on Badwater!

And thank you very much Yammy. Remind me to friend you later.

Um, sometimes I wonder if we should start a "pocket medics for new guys" program. Then they'd at least die half as fast.

Yeef

Someone called, so I had to run. Watermill was my last for the night anyway. Please tell me my team won.

And Yeef! Let me know when the replays are up! I must save that Kritz Pyro run on Badwater!
Demos are auto-uploaded every hour on the hour. http://tf2.gafserver.com/demos/

Um, sometimes I wonder if we should start a "pocket medics for new guys" program. Then they'd at least die half as fast.
To be fair, during snakewater he was running around as a demo with a targe and a caber just swinging at everything and not shooting at all. Even a veteran would die a bunch doing that.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

I don't think you did too poorly, but you gotta stop over extending yourself. The reason you get killed is you push way too far ahead and get trapped and surrounded, or you follow people who push too far ahead and get trapped and surrounded.

This isn't a game where you can take on a horde of players by yourself. Even experienced comp players can only pub stomp if they have a pocket medic. Just play cautiously and watch the veterans for now.

I pocketed you quite a bit on Foundry!

Protip (not aimed specifically at you): If you have a medic backing you up and you aren't constantly checking up on where they are and what threats they're dealing with, you won't have a pocket for long. As a medic I'm constantly watching your back for spies, you should be watching my back for flanking pyros and scouts!

Oreoleo

I pocketed you quite a bit on Foundry!

Protip (not aimed specifically at you): If you have a medic backing you up and you aren't constantly checking up on where they are and what threats they're dealing with, you won't have a pocket for long. As a medic I'm constantly watching your back for spies, you should be watching my back for flanking pyros and scouts!

While I will admit I'm pretty bad at checking behind me anyway, I feel it's kind of on the medic to tell me whats going on behind him. I'm busy taking care of all the dudes in front of us, and if they are making a big push from around a corner I will tell a medic to run away and not leave him to figure it out himself. If a scout or spy gets behind us I would hope the medic would extend the same courtesy and tell me about it.

As a corollary, every medic should be using a microphone.

Hellix

Anyone think the B.M.O.C hat will go up in value in the near future, or even next Christmas? I guess it is silly of me to ask someone for a crystal-ball prediction, but I am debating on whether I should trade it as soon as I can for a game before its value possibly drops. Since I don't have many hats, I don't have much value in my inventory.

Oreoleo

Anyone think the B.M.O.C hat will go up in value in the near future, or even next Christmas? I guess it is silly of me to ask someone for a crystal-ball prediction, but I am debating on whether I should trade it as soon as I can for a game before its value possibly drops. Since I don't have many hats, I don't have much value in my inventory.

As long as they don't make it droppable or available in the store it should go up in value like Max's Head, Buds and Bills.

It's not really worth much right now anyway.

It is fluctuating a bit right now. Decided to get one for around 9 keys, last I looked they went down to 7 keys.

Alienups

That name and ava look awfully familiar

And what Orellio said

My observation was from the first match I joined on Steel. Mind you, our whole team couldn't get out of spawn, either. My biggest accomplishment was getting about 20 feet out of the spawn doors, over by the rocks near A.

The only time I scored any significant points or helped in any way during the night was when I went heavy (shock).

I joined in with you guys at halftime of the Rockets-Twolves game . . . I ended up missing Kevin Love stomping on Luis Scola's head, bouncing it off the hardwood.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
My observation was from the first match I joined on Steel. Mind you, our whole team couldn't get out of spawn, either. My biggest accomplishment was getting about 20 feet out of the spawn doors, over by the rocks near A.

The only time I scored any significant points or helped in any way during the night was when I went heavy (shock).

Oh you mean when I was heavy and messed up your whole team
Well...just bitch about heavies like crushed then or understand that...

1. You had a few dumbasses go for E. And one pyro use the A door exploit wherein I went to fill him with holes.
2. You had a sloppy push out of A. Coming one at a time or in tight spaces when I have a kritz medic is dumb. Staying there and trying to kill me is dumber. Only Artist was sniping...albeit piss sniper.
3. No spy or good spy to do any damage. I wasn't worried about my back.
4. No focus fire. Bitching about heavies comes when people don't work together to take heavies down. Wah wah wah 450 with regen health. It means two on one if you're alone so don't fight them. Two soldiers or a soldier and demo spamming can take a heavy medic combo down.

fresquito

For the last couple of weeks, servers have been working like shit for me. A friend of mine is having the same problem and I see people complaining in the chat. What's going on? Everytime I play, I get to do moonwalking like there's no tomorrow.

Yeef

And man, was I doing terrible that map! I was having a hard time just body shotting you, and everyone else, Lol.

For the last couple of weeks, servers have been working like shit for me. A friend of mine is having the same problem and I see people complaining in the chat. What's going on? Everytime I play, I get to do moonwalking like there's no tomorrow.
Hit detection has been bad for me the last few days, and lots of servers, even non-jank servers, have been extra janky. It may be something to do with the last patch.

4. No focus fire. Bitching about heavies comes when people don't work together to take heavies down. Wah wah wah 450 with regen health. It means two on one if you're alone so don't fight them. Two soldiers or a soldier and demo spamming can take a heavy medic combo down.
This argument is always mentioned by heavy-sympathizers, and always awful. The problem isn't that medic+heavy combos need focus fire; it's that even without a medic, heavies need focus fire. it creates an imbalance in resources. If it takes two people to take down one heavy it's not much of a problem when there's only one. When there's 3 or 4, the imbalance starts to add up.

This. Take out the medic first if you are a ubered soldier against a Heavy.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
This argument is always mentioned by heavy-sympathizers, and always awful. The problem isn't that medic+heavy combos need focus fire; it's that even without a medic, heavies need focus fire. it creates an imbalance in resources. If it takes two people to take down one heavy it's not much of a problem when there's only one. When there's 3 or 4, the imbalance starts to add up.

Yes, and it's balanced by him being slow and not being able to dodge very well. People need to triage how they tackle different situations in the game.

The heavy bitching comes because people can only complain that their herp derp taking someone straight on isn't working. They are not hard to take down, but just don't expect to be trading blows him point blank and hope to beat him and whine about them being OP when your tactics were wrong.

Yes, and it's balanced by him being slow and not being able to dodge very well.

*pulls out GRU*

This. Take out the medic first if you are a ubered soldier against a Heavy.

"Yeah it's totally easy if you just wait 60 seconds to turn invincible."

It's an effort:reward imbalance. A Heavy attracts Medics all around, can sprint to the frontlines at no cost (plus increased ubercharge rate), regenerate health for themselves or their medic on command, and kill dozens of people quickly by just holding down a button at mid-range where most people are going to be fighting. Their crits do an insane amount of damage that can kill at long range, and it quickly becomes apparent when a match is a boring slug-fest when it's just multiple Heavy+Medics meeting up at the frontline and seeing who can spin up first. It's not impossible to take down, but having to put in special focused effort to kill this class is backwards game design that's not helped by Valve directly buffing spinup speed and adding unbalanced unlocks.

You can be a meatshield high HP tank or a burst-damage DPS fighter, you can't be both (and a healer) and expect other classes to be happy about it.

Top Bottom