• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

XeroSauce

The Heavy has a very low.skill ceiling. An organized team punishes Heavies , GRU or otherwise. But a team of Heavies has no equal unless a squad of GOOD Snipers have the time and distance to get them.

Taking down a Heavy is like taking down a Tank. Incredibly easy with the right tools. Devestatingly hard when your team is pants-on-head.

I'm neutral on this debate because I play Brass Beast Family Business FoS Heavy and it can be difficult. I could switch to easy-mode Minigun or Tomislav whenever I want but I choose not to, makes it a challenge.

Blizzard

Banned
I've been thinking of pulling Natasha out of retirement just to see how well my heavy skills hold up with a worse minigun.
Yeah, I was using natascha recently. It's so sad though because then you run into a Yeef using like 3 miniguns at once with an ubermedic on him. :(

Guys. Demomen.
It literally is the one word answer to everything.
This is pretty true, and also crit rockets and snipers. :(

Javaman

Yeah, I was using natascha recently. It's so sad though because then you run into a Yeef using like 3 miniguns at once with an ubermedic on him. :(

This is pretty true, and also crit rockets and snipers. :(
A medic with bluts can also easily take out a heavy at a decent distance.

rouken

i need your opinion on this guys, i read that tomislav is not that good of a weapon and i should use natascha or minigun instead. is that true?

i've been using tomislav for quite a while now and it's getting me kills more than the natascha can. maybe i'm just using it wrong. :D

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
i need your opinion on this guys, i read that tomislav is not that good of a weapon and i should use natascha or minigun instead. is that true?

i've been using tomislav for quite a while now and it's getting me kills more than the natascha can. maybe i'm just using it wrong. :D
Use the minigun

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Tomislav is still too op. I still remember getting the jump on one. He kills me since I'm using Sasha and he with half health also goes to rape another heavy around the corner.

Don't even bother with Natasha.

Get that jerking hand healed, Eddie!

Forkball

Reminds me of this Sun Tzu-esque strategy.

38A9AED8A1676B708079AB217367F755ADB541BB

255915AE5F92DCFC111627396D744BAF0E612D08

FC44FEA22D1294E5E3C2E571C4396A1E30B9C16F

F0BB1B1BBFF7343E902C91D53B6AF90BAD636003

Now I want to render those replays of accidentally airshotting a sniper into a sentry's range on Hightower, and discovering The Secret of Badwater.

Blizzard

Banned
I don't understand why 2fort is so popular. Atrocious map.
Some people like to play deathmatch (and/or practice sniping) instead of normal objective maps. I think it's fun sometimes, but getting the objective is typically only reasonable if there's only one engineer (or two max).

I just finished playing the most lopsided game of TF2 ever. I was on an all badwater server and I think my team won about 6 times in a row. By the end, when we attacked we more or less didn't stop moving the cart at all throughout the game, and when we played defense the other team couldn't even get out of spawn. It was kind of sad but at the same time amazing.

The only reason I stopped playing is because the entire other team ragequit at one time.

All this Heavy/Tomi hate makes me concerned you guys hate my guts. I swear I just play whatever class my team is lacking at the time! Of course, I suck so maybe it doesn't matter.

alazz

Server is great! I usually don't like switching maps so often but the selection is so good from what I played I don't even mind.

A lot of my in-game option settings get reset to my old-old settings between launches. Anything I can do about this? Specifically my video settings update fine but my voice, mouse, and key settings don't.
Hey guys! Look at this awesome airshot reflect I got tonight on Borsalino!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceXgppGQZ-E&hd=1

Whoa, haha.

Sianos

you mean the one who runs right into the pit without jumping while the minisentry is shooting at someone else

I was trying to make the jump from E to underneath C for the big health kit. Almost had it, but I got nudged out of the third jump. Probably should have jumped closer to C, but I paniced and thought I could make it from there even without the third jump.

That double huntsman reflect was beautiful. Bravo.

hi all,

thought id ask in here as its busier than the trading thread

basically i have some earbuds

might sound cool, but it is in fact a curse.

spend more time with people beggin me for them than actually playin tf2

so yeah thought id finally give in and get rid of em

basically i dont want items id rather have cash or games,

just wondering how much cash should i be asking, not massively knowing about tf2 and dont generally care about the price of items, but with this id rather know so i can get something worthwhile

thanks in advance gaf, really lookin for honesty here, also if anyone is interested in get involved in a mess of bidding after i find out a price pm me

:)

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
hi all,

thought id ask in here as its busier than the trading thread

basically i have some earbuds

might sound cool, but it is in fact a curse.

spend more time with people beggin me for them than actually playin tf2

so yeah thought id finally give in and get rid of em

basically i dont want items id rather have cash or games,

just wondering how much cash should i be asking, not massively knowing about tf2 and dont generally care about the price of items, but with this id rather know so i can get something worthwhile

thanks in advance gaf, really lookin for honesty here, also if anyone is interested in get involved in a mess of bidding after i find out a price pm me

:)

If you really want I will take em for 30. Just pm me. I'm not one to haggle. Though it will have to be tonight

Can't believe you guys spend that much cash on accessories. 30 bucks is like 2 nice meals at 2 good restaurants, 4 chipotle burritos, or 120 gum balls. That's a lot.

I don't understand why 2fort is so popular. Atrocious map.
Dustbowl is also ridiculously popular for being little more than one giant chokepoint. I'd imagine it comes from nostalgia over the previous TFs, it's certainly why I played a lot of 2fort to begin with, but nowadays I just don't know. They're the worst official maps for their respective gametypes.

Oreoleo

GL mang! Tell them to be careful with that, 'cause you got games to play with that wrist!

Get that jerking hand healed, Eddie!

Lol, thanks guys. I think it went pretty well, considering I was only there for barely 3 hours. My wrist hurts okay, but it shouldn't be anything to keep me from TF2in.

And Kuro, the only people who call me Eddie are people I went to grade school with so that kinda caught me off guard.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Dustbowl is also ridiculously popular for being little more than one giant chokepoint. I'd imagine it comes from nostalgia over the previous TFs, it's certainly why I played a lot of 2fort to begin with, but nowadays I just don't know. They're the worst official maps for their respective gametypes.

Different strokes for different folks. I mean, some people here like Warpath *cough*Javaman*cough* and it's terribly not optimized for TF2 at all.

I think there's some nostalgia involved, but I think a bigger factor is that people just aren't that discerning and they're also easy to master. After playing a few rounds, you get the general flow of the map.

Top Bottom