• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Yeef

Machina, like lots of weapons released since the uber update, is designed as a crutch. They need to make the extra 15% damage only apply to penetrating hits.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
All this machina talk...
Reminds me of a description for shitforcer I saw 'OP?! Why wouldn't I use it then?!'

Personally, those weapons are crutches for people who need an edge over a regular player.

I dislike weapons that are complete upgrades with no penalties. Picking weapons should make you assess the pluses and minuses not.

That nerf to the tomislav was a good example since there is enough of a drawback for me to run vanilla hoovy

When I play Machina sniper I go all-in; Machina, Razorback, and Shahanshah. Since I have to be scoped to fire, I'm always super vulnerable to backstabs... hence the Razorback. This ultimately leads to Spies shooting me; by the time I get out of my zoom and find the Spy, I've probably been hit once or twice putting me below 50% health. Then, bam, Shahanshah fucks a Spy up.

It's glorious every time.

Clydefrog

When I play Machina sniper I go all-in; Machina, Razorback, and Shahanshah. Since I have to be scoped to fire, I'm always super vulnerable to backstabs... hence the Razorback. This ultimately leads to Spies shooting me; by the time I get out of my zoom and find the Spy, I've probably been hit once or twice putting me below 50% health. Then, bam, Shahanshah fucks a Spy up.

that's the loadout I use too :)

still waiting for my strange razorback to level up...

sixghost

All this machina talk...
Reminds me of a description for shitforcer I saw 'OP?! Why wouldn't I use it then?!'

Personally, those weapons are crutches for people who need an edge over a regular player.

I dislike weapons that are complete upgrades with no penalties. Picking weapons should make you assess the pluses and minuses not.

That nerf to the tomislav was a good example since there is enough of a drawback for me to run vanilla hoovy
There are a few drawbacks to the machina. The tracer gives away your position to the entire server every time you shoot, and not being able to noscope makes you a little more vulnerable to spies, since they can just pull out their revolver and fuck you up from mid range.

I just think it looks like shit, so I use the OG sniper.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
There are a few drawbacks to the machina. The tracer gives away your position to the entire server every time you shoot, and not being able to noscope makes you a little more vulnerable to spies, since they can just pull out their revolver and fuck you up from mid range.

I just think it looks like shit, so I use the OG sniper.

Tracer isn't really a detriment. I would argue a lot of people know where most sniper spots are anyways.

I almost never no scope shot too. I'd rather stick to smog if I was going to do that especially with shitforcer spies keeping distance between you.

Blizzard

Banned
People complain about the huntsman hit box, but it DOES feel good. We just need medic crossbow arrows to give minicrits on headshots, darnit.

Alienups

You know what else feels good ?

Igniting enemy players, firing off a quick airblast which leaves them helpless and spazzing in the air and then ending their miserable existence with a good old chop chop from the axtinguisher

Sianos

02556A3264DD5C4062F1B0E20C9C8C3544D653B5

Birthday present from Tangmaster! :O

Birthday present from Tangmaster! :O

Very nice loadout you've got there. I always see you using that S. Revolver. Do you ever use the Ambassador?

IMO the Ambassador is one of the finest sidegrades in the game. Just like the Flare Gun compared to the Pyro's shotgun. There are moments when I'm using the Revolver and I really wish I had equipped the Ambassador, and then I switch to the Ambassador and there are moments where the Revolver would have suited me better.

Sajjaja

I still need a Machina :(

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Convoy was terrible, never again. Also, I voted off maps all night. Like I said if you want change, you need to vote for change. Here is the recipe for change:

1. Nominate less played maps.
2. Vote for them when they come up.
3. Inter all the black people in camps.

As a rule I always vote for a map name I don't recognize.

Once it's clear it's losing though I quickly revote to not hightower.

Then it's hightower anyway.

Blizzard

Banned
Are you people playing convoy_v2 or some other version of convoy? I like convoy. You people must just hate running around on an awesome "moving" map and dodging through hallways. I think it's probably way more entertaining than say, hightower.

Any specific objections about it? Like, it even has jump pads! That's awesome, like Quake or something!

sixghost

Convoy was terrible, never again. Also, I voted off maps all night. Like I said if you want change, you need to vote for change. Here is the recipe for change:

1. Nominate less played maps.
2. Vote for them when they come up.
3. Inter all the black people in camps.

I don't think I want to give you ubercharges anymore

Top Bottom