• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

(._.)

Banned
He is right though. The voting trends on the server are horrible. Don't know what's worse though. Playing terrible maps like gorge, barnblitz, and steel in a row or cp_mariokart w/ kritz always on. Should turn off voting and just have a random rotation.

Yeef

Here are words:

How would you guys feel about making Tuesdays "Event Nights?" Basically, every Tuesday we'd do stuff like Custom Maps only, Highlander and other such "break from the daily grind" events.

(Also, SteveWinwood, Joe Carter and Zeke are now Admins. Bind something to sm_admin)

Here are words:

How would you guys feel about making Tuesdays "Event Nights?" Basically, every Tuesday we'd do stuff like Custom Maps only, Highlander and other such "break from the daily grind" events.

(Also, SteveWinwood, Joe Carter and Zeke are now Admins. Bind something to sm_admin)

I'd be fine with that. BUT

can we please please please add voting for crits? Or at least a single weekend day without crits?

m/w/f/sunday?

Here are words:

whatever date is good.

Make me Admin too! Next time perhaps...

(._.)

Banned
Here are words:

I'll reinstall tf2 and play every Tuesday if you do :]

also remove kritz

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Here are words:

Sounds good if people commit to it. Otherwise, Event Night Tuesdays are going to end up as Empty Server Tuesdays... especially with custom maps.

Yeef

sixghost

How would highlander work? Would the server be temporarily reduce to 18, or would 6 people spectate? Or would it just require at least 1 of every class while allowing no more than 2 of any other class?

I think a forced random class day would be fun too. Choosing a random class at the beginning of each map that is, not random every life. Get everyone playing unfamiliar classes.

Changed it to Mon/Wed/Sat.

<3

How would highlander work? Would the server be temporarily reduce to 18, or would 6 people spectate? Or would it just require at least 1 of every class while allowing no more than 2 of any other class?

I think a forced random class day would be fun too. Choosing a random class at the beginning of each map that is, not random every life. Get everyone playing unfamiliar classes.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I dont want to be forced to play shitty classes.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Custom map nights always fail, people don't want to spend half their time downloading shitty maps. You might try "less played official map" night instead if it's possible, where StUpTowerWardVestBadCleus isn't available.

Really though you should all just be more like me and not care about anything. Even yourself. Seriously, someone save me. I'm in such pain.

Custom map nights always fail, people don't want to spend half their time downloading shitty maps. You might try "less played official map" night instead if it's possible, where StUpTowerWardVestBadCleus isn't available.

Really though you should all just be more like me and not care about anything. Even yourself. Seriously, someone save me. I'm in such pain.

True.

I think Tuesday can either be random class night or highlander night :eek:

Thanks! Binded and ready to go.

reduced to 9 per team. I think Random is a good idea, but there are alot of people that might ragequit if they get a class they can use, etc.

Sianos

I fully support the new crit schedule and Tuesday events. It's good to play something different than the fun but standard "GAF Rotation". Perhaps have Thursday be a day when the maps play daily aren't available as well for added variety.

For Highlander I'll sign up as spy.

I try to avoid drama and I know you'd cause a bunch! (Same with some other people).

*whistles innocently*

sixghost

If we do a custom map night, maybe limit it to 6-7 maps, and post them here a week or so ahead of time so people can download them in advance? One of the reasons I don't like voting for customs is odds are some people wont have the map, and either have to sit through a 3-4 minute download or just quit when they see it downloading.

Also I just hate playing on maps that I don't know. I'm more than happy to learn new maps, I just don't like when the server votes to play on a custom that I'll never see again. Maybe that's not a problem for you guys since most of you have been playing the game for a long time.

oh come on i wouldn't do anything except turn on noclip randomly or teleport everyone into the skybox or force a mapchange to something crazy instead of barnblitz

Yeef

Oh, also, do people want scrambles after steamrolls on non-symmetrical maps? I have it set not to scramble on A/D maps because not getting a chance to attack/defend when you prefer one over the other is annoying, but if people don't mind I'll set it to scramble the second round of A/D maps if the teams are imbalanced.

Borgnine

Oh, also, do people want scrambles after steamrolls on non-symmetrical maps? I have it set not to scramble on A/D maps because not getting a chance to attack/defend when you prefer one over the other is annoying, but if people don't mind I'll set it to scramble the second round of A/D maps if the teams are imbalanced.

How about you set it not to scramble the 3rd round of a KOTH match. MAKES NO SENSE.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I don't even remember the last time you played medic. I'll admit I've screwed a plenty o' ubers/kritz, but I'd rather just blame you. :p

You're the one goddamn aiming! How the hell is it my fault?!

@Cornburrito, you need to revise your list there :p I'm usually lazy and playing scout/sniper or special occasions heavy to CRUSH the competition.

1. HEAL ANYONE ACTIVELY FIGHTING OR FACING ENEMIES OR ABOUT TO FIGHT. I recall several times where you healed me (thanks but...) if I'm a scout escaping and not spamming medic, then I'm trying to find health elsewhere so you need to heal people actively fighting. I can't stress this enough, this is the biggest peeve of mine for people who don't know how to heal. I'm facing 3 people at once and the goddamn medic is healing someone who isn't doing shit.

2. Quickly give a buff to several people all running towards the battle. I can usually full health buff 3-4 people at once. Again, don't heal people retreating unless they're on fire and about to die or hanging around and trying to get back to the fray.

3. If you are way outside battle, definitely take the time to heal everyone as much as you can to build uber.

4. If you're unsure of who to heal, heal the better player. However, your list?!

1. Fallengorn <- Can't protect medic.
2. Kuro <- normally playing scout/sniper so don't bother pocketing just buff /Artistdude <- doesn't do well with pockets /Borgnine <- not bad, but tendency to leave medic and whip people /Borsalino <- not a bad choice, but doesn't protect medics and is usually goofing around /Carter <- actually a pretty decent player, but doesn't talk and I have yet to see him acknowledge cries from medics for health
3. Good Heavys <- Crushed likes this...do it more! :D Alien is surprisingly good at protecting medics. Same with n0b and Sciz.
4. Decent soldiers/demomen <- wartime is actually pretty good and listens to medics crying for help. And Ner-Oh/Hazaro actually protects medics as well.
5. Good scouts. <- not for pocketing.

How's that for drama. If you're on tonight FAILUREGORN, I'll pocket the SHIT out of you. Prove me wrong and LEARN TO GODDAMN AIM YOUR GODDAMN KRIT ROCKETS.

Borgnine

/Borgnine <- not bad, but tendency to leave medic and whip people

I ONLY DID THAT A FEW DOZEN TIMES.

True story what are people talking about when they say "protect a medic?" Like if there's people around I will try and kill them, what else can I do. And don't say don't rocket jump away from me because that just means I'm done with you and you can start healing me again when I die and respawn.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I ONLY DID THAT A FEW DOZEN TIMES.

True story what are people talking about when they say "protect a medic?" Like if there's people around I will try and kill them, what else can I do. And don't say don't rocket jump away from me because that just means I'm done with you and you can start healing me again when I die and respawn.

Biebernine leaves medics to die. See?

Yeef

How about you set it not to scramble the 3rd round of a KOTH match. MAKES NO SENSE.
There's no good way to do this, unfortunately. There is a setting that disables scrambles from happening two rounds in a row, but the pre-scramble screws that up since it technically happens at the very beginning of the first round. Turning the option on would mean that there could be no scramble on the second round, but COULD be a scramble on the third round.

sixghost

Pocket some pyros, we'll never abandon you medic. Not that we're desperate for medics or anything. We can also provide useful services such as extinguishing you when you are on fire or maybe reflecting that crit rocket heading our way.

Bluth54

I think it's for the best to scramble after a steamroll on any map. It just isn't much fun being on the team that's getting steamrolled.

Alienups

Pocket some pyros, we'll never abandon you medic. Not that we're desperate for medics or anything. We can also provide useful services such as extinguishing you when you are on fire or maybe reflecting that crit rocket heading our way.

Speaking of pyros getting pocketed, i noticed something very peculiar. I've been getting bucketloads of ubers since i got a pyro unusual yesterday. Like people pocketing me constantly, even the occasional kritz. So odd.

You guys also never equip that stupid heal-blocking item like those jackass Soldiers do.

DogWelder

My pocket order:

1. Fallengorn
2. Kuro/Artistdude/Borgnine/Borsalino/Carter
3. Good Heavys
4. Decent soldiers/demomen
5. Good scouts.

Though I do try to heal everyone who needs it. Though they have to come to me if I decide to latch on to someone who can actually protect me.
Wut. WUT? Fallengorn over Kuro?? -smh-

Bluth54

Pocketing pyros is more dangerous then pocketing other classes since they have to get a lot closer to other classes to attack them.

Top Bottom