• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Sianos

No one else wanted to play Engineer, but Wartime is on my team and I trust you guys will help defend my nest.

RIGHT, GUYS?

i have defected from the glory of the compression blast to the easier but less rewarding frontburner

also the phlog is a fire minigun that turns you into a super heavy

Well if the Pyro Master disagrees I can't argue.

May the front crits be with you.

Proven

I cannot play tonight.

If anyone cares why. Between the stress of finals, my girlfriend "wanting space", and me not being on my medicine, I've managed to break my mouse and my computer monitor.
I was going to make a pun here, but seriously I'm sorry to hear all that. And after your last few weeks? This match is in your honor.
I'm putting off studying for finals for this. So worth it.
Me too.
Joke's on you dumb bitches, now we got snacks. Game over.

Quote will take ConBurrito's engineer spot.
Zeke will take Nate's Soldier spot.

God dammit.

I lol'd.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Oh god Beefcam was amazing, especially on Steel. We were all rooting for you buddy, and your ceaseless dedication to capping point E. Beef's got something the rest of you will never have! HEART! And also we're pretty sure a trackball mouse.

Blizzard

Banned
Red team wins because they are a bunch of dirty cheaters.

Blue team loses because everyone on their team is terrible (and we kept having people frozen or having computer problems, not that it would have helped us lol).

Sianos

HL2.exe during a highlander game. Wheeeeeeee.

Props to Blizzard, he succesfully forced me to stay minis by sniping my nest and took out whoever the team decided to send after you whenever I called you out. :p

My impression with Engineer is that the Wrangler is wonderful. If I was able to set up a full nest on Steel I think we might have held it. As it stood the Wrangled Mini held them off for a long while. I might give Engie a shot again, never really gave it a real chance before.

Proven

I made many mistakes. First from not restarting my computer before the match, just to be safe. Second was not calling someone out to be my defacto pocket. People kept running ahead into areas that I felt were unsafe. And I didn't tell people where I wanted to be going enough.

And I've never seriously felt the voice chat delay until now. One example was on Coldfront when I wanted Yasae to go one way as he started walking towards another. By the time he responded he was already half way to the end point so I just tried to say forget it. That must have taken forever to hear too.

I didn't know how well your comms would be. I would have voted for all talk if I knew I'd manage the comms so bad.

I knew Xero wasn't a spy checker Pyro but I didn't actually change my playstyle to account for it. That was... foolish.

Sorry about Coldfront. We should have played more rounds but when round two started people just wanted to stop. Considering there's no set up time for 5cp there should have been a more clear gameplan.

Sianos

I thought I did well on Badwater, holding my nest through multiple ubers, preventing a single, cap and killing a Medic with my Wrangler. Good round, good teamwork.

Coldfront I should have just set up a nest at mid or fourth. I wanted to help push, but our forces were split up and pushed back too often.

Next time we play Steel I want to see if two Engies can set up that Sentry on the ledge and then build an auxillary one. I also should have built on the other side on E before Blizzard locked me down. Props to you and good job weathering whoever was sent after you. Still, my Wrangled mini held for quite awhile and got some very important kills/assists.

Night went better than expected.

Blizzard

Banned
HL2.exe during a highlander game. Wheeeeeeee.

Props to Blizzard, he succesfully forced me to stay minis by sniping my nest and took out whoever the team decided to send after you whenever I called you out. :p

My impression with Engineer is that the Wrangler is wonderful. If I was able to set up a full nest on Steel I think we might have held it. As it stood the Wrangled Mini held them off for a long while. I might give Engie a shot again, never really gave it a real chance before.
I think your minis annoyed people more than anything else would, since it takes like 3-5 rockets or 3-5 sniper shots to kill a shielded one. I don't even remember killing you much, just an occasional small sentry kill. *edit* Oh you meant steel. I was getting owned by a spy and scout because we didn't attack from the A-D side, but they eventually left or something.

And we would have no doubt lost coldfront if we'd played best two out of three, so we had to hurry and quit while we were ahead.

Proven

I thought I did well on Badwater, holding my nest through multiple ubers, preventing a single, cap and killing a Medic with my Wrangler. Good round, good teamwork.

Coldfront I should have just set up a nest at mid or fourth. I wanted to help push, but our forces were split up and pushed back too often.

Next time we play Steel I want to see if two Engies can set up that Sentry on the ledge and then build an auxillary one. I also should have built on the other side on E before Blizzard locked me down. Props to you and good job weathering whoever was sent after you. Still, my Wrangled mini held for quite awhile and got some very important kills/assists.

Night went better than expected.

Wrangler makes the Engie good in Highlander, as far as I'm concerned. But the time you killed me was because I though it was a good idea to follow Zeke who kept wanting to rocket wrangled minisentries by himself. Never again.

Sianos

I think your minis annoyed people more than anything else would, since it takes like 3-5 rockets or 3-5 sniper shots to kill a shielded one. I don't even remember killing you much, just an occasional small sentry kill. *edit* Oh you meant steel. I was getting owned by a spy and scout because we didn't attack from the A-D side, but they eventually left or something.

And we would have no doubt lost coldfront if we'd played best two out of three, so we had to hurry and quit while we were ahead.

Yeah, Wrangled Minis are brutal. Killed or forced a retreat of power classes many times.

Had I been able to set up that full nest on the other side things would have been even worse: 600 hp with stronger bullets and rockets. Good job keeping me confined to that side.

XeroSauce

Loved our epic Pyro battles, Xero. That one where we blasted each other around to get the med kit on Steel was great.

Haha, yes, the airblast flare gun mindgames were great, as were the flare battles when everyone else was arguing.

I made many mistakes. First from not restarting my computer before the match, just to be safe. Second was not calling someone out to be my defacto pocket. People kept running ahead into areas that I felt were unsafe. And I didn't tell people where I wanted to be going enough.

And I've never seriously felt the voice chat delay until now. One example was on Coldfront when I wanted Yasae to go one way as he started walking towards another. By the time he responded he was already half way to the end point so I just tried to say forget it. That must have taken forever to hear too.

I didn't know how well your comms would be. I would have voted for all talk if I knew I'd manage the comms so bad.

I knew Xero wasn't a spy checker Pyro but I didn't actually change my playstyle to account for it. That was... foolish.

Sorry about Coldfront. We should have played more rounds but when round two started people just wanted to stop. Considering there's no set up time for 5cp there should have been a more clear gameplan.

Yea, I've never been good at sticking to teammates, I worked better when I was flanking off somewhere, saving C points when everyone else died and dying to stickies. I should work on sticking to you next time.

I had a lot of fun! It was nice jumping into TF2 after a long time.

Proven

Haha, yes, the airblast flare gun mindgames were great, as were the flare battles when everyone else was arguing.

Yea, I've never been good at sticking to teammates, I worked better when I was flanking off somewhere, saving C points when everyone else died and dying to stickies. I should work on sticking to you next time.

I had a lot of fun! It was nice jumping into TF2 after a long time.

I don't blame you. I was counting on you being one of our MVP's. I just didn't course correct.

Oh god Beefcam was amazing, especially on Steel. We were all rooting for you buddy, and your ceaseless dedication to capping point E. Beef's got something the rest of you will never have! HEART! And also we're pretty sure a trackball mouse.

No trackball, just a vanilla two button mouse with a scrollwheel.

I want that replay of me killing myself as I was jumping to Point E. That was the highlight of the night, bar-none.

n0b

Why were there people complaining about talking tonight? What the hell has happened to the wonderful server since I've left!

On Steel we both captured the last point, but Red Team did it slightly faster netting them the win.

No lie, we got straight up bodied on Badwaters. We has Beef as our engi who has never engi on badwaters before allowing Red Team to steamroll us. Beef, go practice!

Sajjaja

On Steel we both captured the last point, but Red Team did it slightly faster netting them the win.

No lie, we got straight up bodied on Badwaters. We has Beef as our engi who has never engi on badwaters before allowing Red Team to steamroll us. Beef, go practice!

Pfft, ppppppppppffffffffffffffffffffffffttttttttttt.

"Slightly faster." More like 7 minutes faster.

The only time I ever play Badwater is with you guys though.

Maybe I should just stop putting Engi in my reserve slots when signing up for Highlander. It's obvious that I need a class where aiming isn't necessary, like Medic or Soldier.

Yeef

You guys had the makings of a good hold at B, but then you got stabbed like 16 times in a row. I think you're too used to playing Scout. With every other class you ALWAYS want to check behind you every two seconds are so.

You guys had the makings of a good hold at B, but then you got stabbed like 16 times in a row. I think you're too used to playing Scout. With every other class you ALWAYS want to check behind you every two seconds are so.

yea :| The way how I set my stuff up, it was too easy to get backstabbed. No one else spy checked!

(._.)

Banned
The only time I ever play Badwater is with you guys though.

Maybe I should just stop putting Engi in my reserve slots when signing up for Highlander. It's obvious that I need a class where aiming isn't necessary, like Medic or Soldier.

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

you think aiming in necessary for engy but not soldier?????????????????????????????????????????????????

I'm dying.

Yeef

;_;

Also, we heard Kirsten's voice!!

Borgnine was being hilarious during chat, so that made the odd camera work from Yeef seem like nothing :p
I think there's a bug. I think alt-tabbing messes up the camera controls or something. Because people were complaining about the camera being stuck in one place, but I was moving around tons on every map.

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

you think aiming in necessary for engy but not soldier?????????????????????????????????????????????????

I'm dying.

OoRRA.jpg

Yeef

More importantly, I think after next week's match I'll figure out some way to work kdr and (highlander) win/loss ratio into the formula that determines points. By then most people will have played at least twice.

Top Bottom