• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Yeef

E384039423EDF0E7D73E77E57FDBEED9A01446B2
Hi!

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
I'm not sure what the problem was that people were having with the camera. I was able to spacebar and click between first and third person and also no clip.

Also I don't know how good you are at website hackings but maybe if there's a more formal structure to highlander the winners can get some kind of an award or badge. Probably have to be done manually but it's only every other week. Like 3 maps: a payload, a CP, and a KOTH tie-breaker. Or just keep it loose where people show up at 9PM and drop out at 9:10, whatevs you know.

Javaman

Had to go sign papers for my new home :/

Anyways I can still join? Or am I too late?
Congrats tenck! Be sure to make some extra payments in the first couple of years if you can. On a 30 note you can knock of a year or so off the end of the loan by paying extra early on. It's painful seeing how little equity you gain in the first year.

Who won the highlander orgy?

Question: Does the pyro's Reserve Shooter +15% weapon switch speed increase stack with the Degreaser's +65% weapon switch speed increase?... and, if so, who wants to give me a RS?

Yeef

Question: Does the pyro's Reserve Shooter +15% weapon switch speed increase stack with the Degreaser's +65% weapon switch speed increase?... and, if so, who wants to give me a RS?
Yes. It's multiplicative thought. So the difference between the degreaser by itself and with the reserve shooter is barely noticeable (it'll be 0.035175 seconds faster).

Also, it's the soldier's reserve shooter; the pyro is just borrowing it.

Tenck

Congrats tenck! Be sure to make some extra payments in the first couple of years if you can. On a 30 note you can knock of a year or so off the end of the loan by paying extra early on. It's painful seeing how little equity you gain in the first year.

Who won the highlander orgy?

Thanks. It was a $140,000 home that I snagged up for $60,000 :lol

It feels good too. Barely 19 years old and I already have a home. Now to put aside some money for school and I'm set for a while.

Hey can I play some TF2 with you guys? :D

Of course you can. Join the Neogaf-tf2 steam group. That way you know when to join in on the festivities. Peak hours are usually 7pm est -12 pm est, sometimes a bit earlier on both ends.

It feels good too. Barely 19 years old and I already have a home. Now to put aside some money for school and I'm set for a while.
:eek:
Better find yourself a nice Korean girl!

XenoRaven

Of course you can. Join the Neogaf-tf2 steam group. That way you know when to join in on the festivities. Peak hours are usually 7pm est -12 pm est, sometimes a bit earlier on both ends.
Yeah I'm in the group. I guess I don't know what I'm doing. I clicked on the link for the GAF server and it just looks like I'm a spectator in an empty map. Do you guys only run that server when you have an event? If I see a bunch of people from the GAF group playing, what's the easiest way to join them?

Yeah I'm in the group. I guess I don't know what I'm doing. I clicked on the link for the GAF server and it just looks like I'm a spectator in an empty map. Do you guys only run that server when you have an event? If I see a bunch of people from the GAF group playing, what's the easiest way to join them?
No one's playing right now. The server jumps in population at around 8PM EST. There are announcements daily for all you Thundercats to assemble, when you're in the group you can't miss it.

How.

Tenck

Probably either foreclosure or shortsale
or squatter :eek:P

Shortsale :p

Real Estate hit rock bottom here in Arizona and for the past 3 years it's been slowly looking better. One of my dad's friends has bought around 10 houses in the past 2 years. People who are interested in buying a house right now would be fools to wait any longer.

Kirsten

Also, we heard Kirsten's voice!!

Borgnine was being hilarious during chat, so that made the odd camera work from Yeef seem like nothing :p

You did! Don't get used to it though. I don't think it will become a regular thing.

I did some nice messages from Borgnine every so often with the peanut gallery's reviews of what I was saying haha

You know what's annoying? The last house I rented was forcibly entered and burglarized in April 2011. The house I'm in now was forcibly entered and burglarized April 2012. Now, I'm noticing fraudulent charges on my credit card despite having changed my numbers immediately after both incidents and never using it at any place that isn't a well known retailer (Amazon, large B&M stores, etc). All 3 incidents are more than likely unrelated, especially since I moved ~1 hour from house #1 and house #2.

Oh, but on topic, I'm intending on training to be the GPOAT... Greatest Pyro of All Time (on the Jank). I just need to learn how to not suck.

Blizzard

Banned
Pretty sure grimm has that. It'll take a hell of a pyro to wrestle it away from him.
Yeah, last night he had his UltraHax going and it was basically impossible to kill him. All we had for a heavy was Yasae, and a heavy's pretty much the only thing that might kill a pyro. Even then you would need optimal circumstances and an airstrike.

My ping is usually 20-30 ms; I'm an Illinois-an so I think that's close enough to be East Coast without the nasty accents/inherent douchebaggery. No offense to any East Coast chodes out there!

Blizzard

Banned
only east coasters can successfully pyro on the jank

otherwise, forget about it
I'm east coast and get 86 ping. I don't know that I've ever got under 40-50 ms ping in an online game in 5+ years. :( I remember the days of living in Texas with like a <10 ms ping in Enemy Territory RTCW. KNIFEKILL EVERYONE.

Clydefrog

oh I didn't realize the jank was located in Chicago.

still sucks for me and my 70 ping. i'm WAY too used to 10 ping at the place I normally play at (the lions den sex shop server)

Heh that's why I do well most of the time (Chicago resident).

edit: and last night I would say it was one of my average-good Pyro nights. I did really well on Badwater, not-so-good on Coldfront, and okay on Steel.

Blizzard

Banned
Heh that's why I do well most of the time (Chicago resident).

edit: and last night I would say it was one of my average-good Pyro nights. I did really well on Badwater, not-so-good on Coldfront, and okay on Steel.
My favorite part was when a pyro died like 15 feet in front of me, and AFTER they died, I apparently caught on fire from flames that seemed to have come from behind me.

My favorite part was when a pyro died like 15 feet in front of me, and AFTER they died, I apparently caught on fire from flames that seemed to have come from behind me.

I remember hearing someone complain about that via mic but didn't catch the name. The irony of "Blizzard" catching on fire especially in the scenario described does not escape me!

Proven

I was a negative nancy last night and didn't point out that my team was all solid players. On the one hand, they're all essentially roamers. Cloudius, Zeke, Yasae, Xero, Doumen, I don't think I've really played pocket with any of them recently. On the other hand, they're good roamers. Especially on Coldfront, whenever I popped über to get everybody into an area, they often would outfrag the enemy team. We had a lot of good mid pushes. Wartime was really only a problem for us on Badwater, and that was in combination with Fallengorn and his Buff Banners. We only really lost because we couldn't get our team play together and regroup when necessary, not because the other team had much stronger players. It was fun, and didn't feel like that much of a roll.

As for Lazy, the computer problems really sucked man, I'm sorry. Beef, I don't know how you haven't played Badwater on NeoGAF. Blizzard didn't leave me to get sniped by Woobie all the time and even got a collateral kill.

Next time, let's decide the maps a little bit beforehand? Yeef, you mentioned making a script for voting on the signup page eventually. Would be nice. Also, disable next map voting while the tournament config is on; that was the primary reason we thought the map was over on Coldfront, I think.

Is it too late for me to claim it happened to Quote, and I was merely an entertained observer?

The edit button exists for a reason!

I have a biochem exam tomorrow but I'll probably be online tonight instead of studying because I'm sitting at a solid A anyway. I need to train my Pyro-senses.

Blizzard

Banned
It's probably because 9 time out of 10 when I get the Jank notice, it's some form of Payload when I get in. 10 minutes and 3 Payload/Payload Race maps later, and I'm ready to pull my hair out and I leave.
What kind of map are you playing (especially payload) that ends in 3 minutes? Only KOTH or an ultimate stomp is going to finish in that amount of time.

Hightower used to have those lovely 30-40 minute rounds, for instance, and that's one map, not 3.

What kind of map are you playing (especially payload) that ends in 3 minutes? Only KOTH or an ultimate stomp is going to finish in that amount of time.

Hightower used to have those lovely 30-40 minute rounds, for instance, and that's one map, not 3.

I'm exaggerating because I hate Payload.

Top Bottom