• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Clydefrog

I really hope they update the localization files.

bOOVn.gif

Yeef

Source Engine Changes (TF2, DoD:S, HL2:DM)
- Fixed a problem that allowed malicious clients to disable the "ping" and "status" commands for other connected clients

Team Fortress 2
- Added The Toss-Proof Towel
- Fixed a bug that caused many avatar images to not show up in the scoreboard
- Fixed the Sharpened Volcano Fragment not igniting players
- Fixed damage to buildings applying on-hit effects such as the Übersaw charge
- Fixed Sticky Jumper stickybombs changing team when air-blasted
- Fixed large floating point values getting truncated in WebAPI responses
- sǝlıℲ uoıʇɐʇɐzılɐɔo˥ pǝʇɐpd∩
- Community request
- Added SetForcedTauntCam player input for map makers to place the player into third-person
BEST UPDATE EVER!

Yeef

tf/materials/backpack/crafting/strange_part_burningallyextinguished.vmt
tf/materials/backpack/crafting/strange_part_burningallyextinguished_large.vmt
tf/materials/backpack/crafting/strange_part_killduringfullmoon.vmt
tf/materials/backpack/crafting/strange_part_killduringfullmoon_large.vmt
tf/materials/backpack/crafting/strange_part_playerkillposthumous.vmt
tf/materials/backpack/crafting/strange_part_playerkillposthumous_large.vmt

Brrt.

I was wondering why my Volcano axe wasn't lighting people on fire in DeGroot. Honestly, I was chalking it up to one of Yeef's server tweakings gone wrong. :p

No more air blasted sticky jumper grenades killing me! Yay!

More strange parts! *still has none*

Yeef

I was wondering why my Volcano axe wasn't lighting people on fire in DeGroot. Honestly, I was chalking it up to one of Yeef's server tweakings gone wrong. :p

No more air blasted sticky jumper grenades killing me! Yay!

More strange parts! *still has none*
Get me a strange backburner and I'll get you a strange part.

Yeef

I set it up so that the spawn "safe rooms" will now be in third person, because I wanted to see if I could figure out how to do it. As it turns out, it was actually very, very easy.

commissar

I set it up so that the spawn "safe rooms" will now be in third person, because I wanted to see if I could figure out how to do it. As it turns out, it was actually very, very easy.
Can you fix the perspective?

Edit: Nevermind, I just remembered that TF2 side scrolling map :]

Yeef

I feel like I'm the only one who likes maps sometimes.
Look deep within your heart and you will know that it is not true.

You hate maps most of all.

But seriously, ignoring gameplay, frontier is bad from a technical standpoint. L'il Chew Chew is a buggy mess. There's a tree stump at the bottom of the hill with a small health pack on it. If you happen to fall off the back you get stuck in the geometry. When red's second spawn gets taken over by blu walking into the respawn visualizer as red teleports you back to the final red spawn.

It's a piece of shit map.

I feel like I'm getting much better with aiming with Scout, I changed my sensitivity to 1 from 2. Then I practiced in tr_walkway for about 30 min - 1 hour, putting opponent on random strafe, jumping, and walking backward, I definitely feel better on my aim. I can't do easy 180 turn but it helps me concentrate on the target. I'm pretty sure I heard that from Kuro.

I liked that terrible custom Payload map, if only for the part where someone kept shouting "there's a Sniper" over and over but the people on the cart just kept standing still while I headshot them like 4 times in a row.

commissar

I feel like I'm getting much better with aiming with Scout, I changed my sensitivity to 1 from 2. Then I practiced in tr_walkway for about 30 min - 1 hour, putting opponent on random strafe, jumping, and walking backward, I definitely feel better on my aim. I can't do easy 180 turn but it helps me concentrate on the target. I'm pretty sure I heard that from Kuro.
Don't forget you can setup custom configs for different classes.

Also using capped mouse acceleration will give you both the 180s and the low sensitivity.
I'm reasonably sure TF2 supports that. Though it may take a little time to adjust and tweak.

I don't use configs or acceleration in TF2

Proven

I can't believe Frontier was added either. I thought at the very least Valve would edit it some. Jeez.

Also, I'm having so much fun in the GW2 beta that I made three characters already. The third one is a ranger who tamed a black bear and named it Yeef. And bears are so superior to the starting pets it isn't funny. Do more damage, heal themselves, and even have the AI to not jump straight into groups of five greatsword wielding enemies. Thanks Yeef.

Blizzard

Banned
Remember the words of the wise sage -- "When man start taking advice from Kuro, man should reconsider man's path in life".

*edit*
If Frontier is the normal train map with the red spawn bridge at the end above the cart dropoff, I feel like it's usually a reasonable map with some interesting flanking routes and different height attack/defense options...the biggest/main problem for me is that the last point is pretty ridiculous in terms of being able to defend it.

Yeef

I can't believe Frontier was added either. I thought at the very least Valve would edit it some. Jeez.

Also, I'm having so much fun in the GW2 beta that I made three characters already. The third one is a ranger who tamed a black bear and named it Yeef. And bears are so superior to the starting pets it isn't funny. Do more damage, heal themselves, and even have the AI to not jump straight into groups of five greatsword wielding enemies. Thanks Yeef.
No problem.

Oh yeah? Well, my ranger in GW1 had a panther named Cocaine. Checkmate.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Remember the words of the wise sage -- "When man start taking advice from Kuro, man should reconsider man's path in life".

*edit*
If Frontier is the normal train map with the red spawn bridge at the end above the cart dropoff, I feel like it's usually a reasonable map with some interesting flanking routes and different height attack/defense options...the biggest/main problem for me is that the last point is pretty ridiculous in terms of being able to defend it.

Right cause Blizzard knows what he's doing all the time.

Top Bottom