• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Dechaios said:
Hmmm well are you even gonna use the direct hit? If not then don't waste a nametag on it!

Yea i use it from time to time since i want to try and understand how it works, become better with it. But i hate that weapon with a passion at the same time.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I only ever have plans for one nametag, and thats if I ever get my "dream" unusual, a green energy Ushanka, which I would call the "Chernobyl Anomaly" or something like that.

Yeef

divisionbyzorro said:
And here I was hoping there was a simple reason. Maybe I should use the nuclear option of deleting TF2 and reinstalling to see if that fixes anything...
You shouldn't ned to completely delete it. If you just delete (or rename) your Team Fortress 2 folder it should automatically re-extract everything from the gcf when you try to start it up. basically the same as reinstalling it without having to re-download it.

Before that, though, try adding -autoexec to your launch options. That'll reset most of the variables and set your graphics to shit-ugly. if it solves your problem just re-enable your settings one by one to see which, if any, causes the issue.

evlcookie said:
Yea i use it from time to time since i want to try and understand how it works, become better with it. But i hate that weapon with a passion at the same time.
The direct hit is designed for taking out sentries and juggling. The former is easy for everyone, the latter is hard to do if you don't have awesome aim.

Milly79

Dreams-Visions said:
lol. interesting combination ya got there.
I like it. I was getting kinda bored with the game for a while there. It just seemed like I played twice a week to get drops and then I'd wait. Probably doesn't help I play on a CTF server (love the game mode) that runs Turbine (favorite map so far) 24/7.

So, this helped get me back into it.

Still wish I had a better computer. Regretting selling my gaming rig a year ago.

And $60.

We had a live troll in the server tonight. I forgot the name, something with an M... Magus.

Thankfully he left since nobody took the bait, though that seemed to be because nobody could understand what the guy was saying.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Yeef said:
The direct hit is designed for taking out sentries and juggling. The former is easy for everyone, the latter is hard to do if you don't have awesome aim.

It's not very good for juggling since the bounce from other rocket launchers do a better job. The mini crit in air stuff is nice, Works ok against heavies as long as you actually hit the fat bastard and i'm still not convinced on the sentries. Not level 3 ones anyway, Still feels impossible to take one out with a engineer sitting behind it wacking away.

I would love to be good at it since it does force you to actually aim at the target and not their feet. God dam it's hard to hit a moving target with one though, If you're off only slightly it's a wasted shot.

TheBez

evlcookie said:
How about something sort of ironic like "Splash Mountain"

AcciDante

Obsessed said:
We had a live troll in the server tonight. I forgot the name, something with an M... Magus.

Thankfully he left since nobody took the bait, though that seemed to be because nobody could understand what the guy was saying.
Something about suckin' dicks. I heard the words dick and suck.

Acerac

Banned
Fucking GAF server. I have a horrible night getting wrecked constantly. Immediately afterwards I go to a valve server and I score three times the points of anyone on either team.

I suppose that's the benefit of playing against people who aren't essentially bots set on easy mode, you learn how to play the game.

I finally used my first description tag the other day for my spy's gun. "Nice shield! Is it bulletproof?" I named it thusly because my aim tends to suck as a spy and my only kills come on snipers who aren't paying attention. Since that point I've used it almost solely to kill classes other than snipers, making the description confusing at best.

I suppose I should be happy that I'm not just using it as a crutch against the one loadout that I can't backstab. I was so happy with the description too, and now it just seems goofy. >_<
evlcookie said:
It's not very good for juggling since the bounce from other rocket launchers do a better job. The mini crit in air stuff is nice, Works ok against heavies as long as you actually hit the fat bastard and i'm still not convinced on the sentries. Not level 3 ones anyway, Still feels impossible to take one out with a engineer sitting behind it wacking away.

I would love to be good at it since it does force you to actually aim at the target and not their feet. God dam it's hard to hit a moving target with one though, If you're off only slightly it's a wasted shot.
Yeah, I'm one of those people who uses the direct hit solely as a sentry counter.

I prefer aiming at my opposition's feet. Shooting directly at targets makes pyros too happy. Good ones, anyways.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Yep, after a couple nights of getting dominated on the GAF server you'll feel like a god playing on Valve servers.

Though everyone seems to complain when I play Heavy. I realize he has a low skill-ceiling but damnit it's a fun class to play.

Yeah the Valve server is awesome... unless you enjoy playing medic. So annoying when I uber someone and they run AWAY from a group of enemies.

Or when they are so intent on getting to the cart/point/intel that they let an enemy run right past them and fucking kill me. How hard would it have been to fucking protect me?

Acerac

Banned
Obsessed: This is exactly why I have so few hours played as medic. :(
Professor Beef said:
It sucks playing Engineer too. Either you're by yourself, or you have 2-3 other Engineers building a sentry 2 inches from your own.
That I'd beg to differ on. Valve servers are full of people who can not deal with sentries. Set up in a nice choke point and you can farm entire teams with a level 3.

6 simultaneous dominations is my record with the class thanks to valve servers. Feels good man. :)

Obsessed said:
Yeah the Valve server is awesome... unless you enjoy playing medic. So annoying when I uber someone and they run AWAY from a group of enemies.

Or when they are so intent on getting to the cart/point/intel that they let an enemy run right past them and fucking kill me. How hard would it have been to fucking protect me?
It sucks playing Engineer too. Either you're by yourself, or you have 2-3 other Engineers building a sentry 2 inches from your own.

Acerac said:

That I'd beg to differ on. Valve servers are full of people who can not deal with sentries. Set up in a nice choke point and you can farm entire teams with a level 3.

6 simultaneous dominations is my record with the class thanks to valve servers. Feels good man. :)

I do find the Valve server good for spy playing at the very least. I'm still a sucky spy, but I've noticed that I'm making fewer "omg so fucking obvious you are a spy" mistakes.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
AcciDante said:
Something about suckin' dicks. I heard the words dick and suck.
Blow...job?!

I wasn't on so I didn't see him. Honestly, just mute him or tell one of the admins to get rid of him. There are a TON of admins.

Acerac

Banned
Spies on valve servers (especially with dead ringer) are unfair. It has gotten to the point where if I'm playing the class and I don't get top score on the team I consider it a disappointment. Snipers shoot you once with their SMG, you feign death, they go back to their sniping duties and don't even turn around if I noisily uncloak right behind them.

Then I go to GAF's server... dammit guys my corpse is laying right there stop following me! What do you mean I was being overly obvious with my dead ringer use/you actually checked the scoreboard to make sure I was dead? That's cheating somehow!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I don't know how Metaphorically and Cuban do it.

Edit:Speak of the devil

Acerac said:

I wish I could find a Valve server with people like that. All I get are people paranoid about sentries. :(

At first I was playing Pyro to grind the 1mill fire dmg achievement, but, now I'm actually really enjoying it, haha!

Just need to work on my reflecting with the jank :S

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Pancakes said:

Metaphorically is the best god damn spy on the server. He was ridiculous on Cashwork. On a separate note, I've had this problem with TF2 for years where I can't actually access my graffiti tags. If I go to my menu options the window doesn't drop down. I've never really cared about them so I never bothered to look into it much until now.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Pancakes said:

Douche ringers can go to hell. LOOK AT ME! WHEEE! EVEN THOUGH YOU KNOW WHERE I AM AND ARE CHASING ME, I CAN STILL USE MY MIC AND GIVE MY POSITION AWAY CAISE IT DON'T MATTER!

Pancakes

Professor Beef said:
All this talk of Valve servers is making me want to dive into one.

Wish my Medic luck!

Don't subject yourself to that :(.

Flunkie said:
So someone offering me a Cow Mangler, Boots, and an UHHHH for it would've been a good deal?

<---- trading/item noob

Not really, no. The UHHHH's nice to have, but it's just a reskinned Eyelander that's harder to see around. The other two items are easily craftable or normal drops.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Jangaroo said:
Actually Kuro, you're an irritable spy. And sniper. And scout. FFFFFFFFF.
At least I switch classes when we need it.

I'm pissed cause most of the time I know where the douche ringer is, but I'm med and can't kill him. Everyone else is herp derp no spah here. I switch to spy check? No med.

Metaphorically and that Liventko guy on the same team as douche ringer spies make the other team look really stupid. Honestly, don't listen to Yeef; hunt them down! If one goes after them, then it's fine. But to leave them and let them stab your only med? Stupid beyond belief.

So I just joined a Valve server and people were spy checking like crazy. I eventually just switched to Dead Ringer and shot to the top of the scoreboard.

Also biggest pet peeve in the world: Medics who don't heal other medics. Yes, I fucking regenerate health but could you take the 2 fucking seconds to overheal me before we charge into battle? Could you stop pocketing that overhealed max health Solider/Demo/Heavy and heal me when I have 50 health left?

It is almost as annoying as Pyros that don't put out burning teammates.

XeroSauce

Going with YER and Dead Ringer on Valve servers is like meditation. It relaxes you so much, nailing stab after stab after stab while being healed.

XeroSauce

evlcookie said:

Two-shots every level of sentry, one-shots Mini's. I'm thinking of naming mine the Bunker Buster or something since that's all I use it for.

That and Heavy heavy teams. Fuck 3 Heavies.

EDIT: Sorry, I always end up double posting because multi-quote doesn't work too well on a phone. :(

Yeef

Valve server: True stories.

1. Two spies, both on my side (red) on Badwater BLU was still trying to cap the second point. both spies find themselves in the doorway of the second blu spawn and start attacking each other... and continue to do so for about 30 seconds. Random BLU scout come sin and kills them both then runs away.

2. Same match, we're attacking now. 2 sentries at the last point, cart is like 2 inches away from being capped with like 20 seconds left. I'm playing medic and I uber a random demoman and we both jump down into the pit. Then he runs and crouches near the cart for the entirety of the uber, not firing at all. Uber runs out, we are slaughtered. Game over.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I pretty much only die to meta.

I still don't know how he gets in some places and I'm an ok spy and good spy checker.
Acerac said:

Pfft why wait for people to die when you can go kill them?

mymzY.jpg

The best thing to do with Dead Ringer (which Metaphorically did tonight on Cashworks) is to run into a small doorway, get blasted by a Soldier and Medic on their way to the cart, and then just stand in the doorway so they can't move.

Forkball

I probably had my best round as a Sniper on the GAF server tonight. I never realized how Sniper friendly Cashworks was. There's a lot of long straight-aways and it's basically a shooting gallery if a Spy doesn't bother you. My only real problem were the two BLU Huntsman Snipers who kept pegging me when defending the last point. You can only juke so much.

Top Bottom