• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Acerac

Banned
Hazaro said:
Pfft why wait for people to die when you can go kill them?

http://i.imgur.com/mymzY.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
9 doms? I said goddamn. Demoman is the one class I still need to get down, I think I could have tons of fun considering my defensive playstyle.
[QUOTE=Kuro Madoushi]Douche ringers can go to hell. LOOK AT ME! WHEEE! EVEN THOUGH YOU KNOW WHERE I AM AND ARE CHASING ME, I CAN STILL USE MY MIC AND GIVE MY POSITION AWAY CAISE IT DON'T MATTER![/QUOTE]
It's so true! 90% damage reduction is amazing, especially since most good pyros use degreasers these days which minimizes any unfortunate mistakes with burns. [QUOTE=Flunkie]So someone offering me a Cow Mangler, Boots, and an UHHHH for it would've been a good deal?

<---- trading/item noob[/QUOTE]
People are going to be offering you a lot of poor trades for that hat, if I were you I'd hold on to it until you get a better grasp on item prices. Alternatively, use[URL="https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en&key=0AtNiAB1uGacPdDZZVllaelBuaFlRdUE4YUQ3VFFuTXc&hl=en&gid=0"] this awesome site for price checking.[/URL]

Wasn't there some video series done by a guy who had something like 2k hours of spy experience? Anyone mind linking to it? I could use some spy pointers/tips.

Blizzard

Banned
Hazaro said:
I pretty much only die to meta.

I still don't know how he gets in some places and I'm an ok spy and good spy checker.

mymzY.jpg
Skilled demomen. :(

Pancakes said:
I don't know how Metaphorically and Cuban do it.

Edit:Speak of the devil
Nabs and I had a Spy-ff on a Valve Server while on the same team with the same set (Dead Ringer, YER, L'etranger & Familiar Fez)...

We started out even but eventually he got tired from the lateness and I kept on going...
2011-08-07_00007v2b884.jpg

Theraputic indeed.
2011-07-27_00001v2sj3b.jpg

Acerac

Banned
Dr. Pangloss said:
Wow. Red is dead. Gob, "Come on."
Took me a second, but Arrested Development is too good to forget for long.
(._.) said:
Ok that was funny. have never witnessed anything like that while playing. If anything I end up shooting at teammates because between round the game scrambled or swapped.
I imagine once you break 2000 hours you have all sorts of silly situations.
Hazaro said:
Look up at 30 degree angle, hold left mouse.
Skillz 4 killz
Oh shit you need to use angles with that class? I prefer to just shoot in the general direction of my opposition with heavy or just do general bullshit with spies. My engy of course just sets up sentries and gets absurdly lucky with his shotgun.

I assume all kills I get with soldier are just luck of course. Explosions + anticipation = little need for aiming at your opposition.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Aim is actually extremely important with soldier.
It took me a while to realize it, but it's true!

Less so than close range nade piping, but pretty good skill to have.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Acerac said:
9 doms? I said goddamn. Demoman is the one class I still need to get down, I think I could have tons of fun considering my defensive playstyle.
Demo is the everything class. Because it is the best at everything. Best class.
If you want defense play Heavy since that is easier.

No sentries ever a threat
No choke ever safe
No corner ever safe
No way to avoid damage
175hp with good mobility
12 rounds of explosives at the ready

Bakphoon

Another question from me: How much are TF2 premium accounts worth (preferably giftable ones from orange box)? I mean when i want to get some for idling, but i don't want always to pay 5€ for each premium account...

Can't stay on any server more than a minute because every server is loosing connection to VAC. Mann Store is closed and I can't see my items.

Anyone esle or is it just me ?

I managed to play with a couple of my friends earlier. Unfortunately they were doing Payload, so I just dealt with it. I also tried out Heavy in another Valve server. I kinda like it, but it's way too boring.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hazaro said:
I pretty much only die to meta.

I still don't know how he gets in some places and I'm an ok spy and good spy checker.

mymzY.jpg
ICANONLYPLAYDEMO-OH

<_<
>_>

ICANONLYVOIDRAYRUSHTOO!

I wonder what happened that match. Wartime, borgnine, wagosto, and a few other good players. AND SPACEBOY NO 1 ON YOUR TEAM?! FOR SHAAAAAAAAME!

Edit: you scouts do know you have a huge advantage over demomen. Zig zag up to them and feed them a scattergun special.

thefil

Hazaro said:
Demo is the everything class. Because it is the best at everything. Best class.
If you want defense play Heavy since that is easier.

No sentries ever a threat
No choke ever safe
No corner ever safe
No way to avoid damage
175hp with good mobility
12 rounds of explosives at the ready

Though I know this to be true, and I try so very hard, I can't seem to get anywhere with my demo skills. My big problems are piping people who are close to me, and keeping myself out of places where I get ridiculously flanked. Oh, and trying to kill sentries when there is only opposing team around me.

Maybe I've learned some lessons typing this post.

I am the worst spy in the history of spies. I think I've decided that it's not worth the frustration to try to learn when I actually enjoy playing the other classes.

Bakphoon

divisionbyzorro said:
I am the worst spy in the history of spies. I think I've decided that it's not worth the frustration to try to learn when I actually enjoy playing the other classes.

You mean second worst spy :p

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
divisionbyzorro said:
Use Douche Ringer
Pop Douche Ringer
Profit

Wasn't even a ??? :(

Kuro Madoushi said:
Use Douche Ringer
Pop Douche Ringer
Profit

Wasn't even a ??? :(

I tried this earlier today. I would have made a replay of all of the fail, but I would prefer not to be held responsible for all of your deaths by laughter.

Nabs

divisionbyzorro said:
Spy is worth learning, but if you're having fun with the other classes you should probably save it for a rainy day.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
divisionbyzorro said:
I tried this earlier today. I would have made a replay of all of the fail, but I would prefer not to be held responsible for all of your deaths by laughter.
Sigh...fine...
??? = grab metal or find place to recharge DR. Attempt backstab. Miss or not, if attacked, use DR, repeat ???

thefil said:
Though I know this to be true, and I try so very hard, I can't seem to get anywhere with my demo skills. My big problems are piping people who are close to me, and keeping myself out of places where I get ridiculously flanked. Oh, and trying to kill sentries when there is only opposing team around me.

Maybe I've learned some lessons typing this post.

I feel the same way, as do others I know. Nothing more frustrating than seeing someone boss as a Demo, then you give it a go, and totally destroy yourself confidence.

thefil

Chriswok said:
I feel the same way, as do others I know. Nothing more frustrating than seeing someone boss as a Demo, then you give it a go, and totally destroy yourself confidence.

I have gotten the point where I at least can hold my own as demo, but I can't seem to break into "good demo" except on rare occasions.

thefil said:
I have gotten the point where I at least can hold my own as demo, but I can't seem to break into "good demo" except on rare occasions.

I'm only half decent when I lay a million mines at doorways, and sit giggling for someone to walk through.

I've been practicing with the Huntsman and I'm starting to get the hang of it. Nothing great, but I am starting to get the feel of the weapon and managing to hold my own. I'm happy because now I'm not totally useless as a sniper so I can probably jump in when the situation calls for it. I still can't stand Scout through, I feel like it just plain doesn't work on my computer. Maybe it's the lag, maybe it's the framerate, all I know is my weapons don't do jack. I've run into situations where someone is standing completely still and I'll hit them four times at very close range, and the bastard still wouldn't die. I've tried the scatter gun and the Shortstop and I get about the same results. Pissing people off with the sandman is pretty much the only thing I can do with the class so far.

thefil said:

I feel like I'm getting better with the class. I'm figuring out good places to bank shots off of and getting pretty decent at setting traps. I can't figure out Demoknight though, I feel like I'll lose a melee fight 9 times out of 10 and can't figure out how to work the charge.

XeroSauce

thefil said:

It's honestly just sticky airbursting and lobbing grenades at any and all checkpoints. I think the biggest concern for new demo players is spacing, he a very specific comfortable space zone but once you get in there and you have stickies all over doing 80+ damage a piece and grenades hitting walls and nailing you random kills, you're good.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
XeroSauce said:
It's honestly just sticky airbursting and lobbing grenades at any and all checkpoints. I think the biggest concern for new demo players is spacing, he a very specific comfortable space zone but once you get in there and you have stickies all over doing 80+ damage a piece and grenades hitting walls and nailing you random kills, you're good.
This is in ICANONLYPLAYDEMOTIME's bible

Finally got the hang of playing Spy. Its taken me 3 years to find out that B puts your last disguise on... But nether the less I was dominating the other team on Payload before.

If my HL2.exe didn't crash when trying to render the replay I'd upload it. :(

Blizzard

Banned
Kuro Madoushi said:
Edit: you scouts do know you have a huge advantage over demomen. Zig zag up to them and feed them a scattergun special.
The problem is that you have to dodge all the grenades that would one-shot you, and avoid taking any splash damage from all the grenades that -didn't- one-shot you, and avoid all the airburst stickies that were anywhere near you, and then hope that the demoman wasn't smart enough to put any stickies anywhere close to himself, and then potentially hope that the demoman didn't have the charge shield that does an instant 75+ damage at any range if he charges into you.

JackEtc

Tkawsome said:
It happens to me sometimes. Maybe my finger will slip or I'll just have a little twitch. Either way it's embarrassing, nobody is left satisfied with a premature uber.
He did it the next round too, though. Either that, or they had two stupid medics.

Tkawsome said:
It happens to me sometimes. Maybe my finger will slip or I'll just have a little twitch. Either way it's embarrassing, nobody is left satisfied with a premature uber.

Yeah last night on the GAF server I had a really twitchy trigger finger causing a lot of wasted ubers.

I was healing some Pyro and all the sudden I hear the whirring of a minigun, then I see the bullet heading towards me. I ubered thinking the Pyro had led me into an ambush by mistake, but nope it was an ally Heavy randomly spy checking.

I also was sometimes a second too late and the person I meant to uber would be reduced to glibs.

edit: Just watched the video, yeah... never quite made a mistake like that.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Blizzard said:
The problem is that you have to dodge all the grenades that would one-shot you, and avoid taking any splash damage from all the grenades that -didn't- one-shot you, and avoid all the airburst stickies that were anywhere near you, and then hope that the demoman wasn't smart enough to put any stickies anywhere close to himself, and then potentially hope that the demoman didn't have the charge shield that does an instant 75+ damage at any range if he charges into you.
Doesn't matter. A scout running away is easier for a demo to kill. Much better to rush him.

Yeef

Blizzard said:
You are a bad scout if you have to worry about that. Once you're in close Demo goes down super fast provided you can aim. If you're not in close retreating and/or out maneuvering him is also fairly easy on most maps.

Also, clearly a demo can't have both the shield and stickies.

More importantly, I hope they release the new crates tomorrow.

Obsessed said:
I was healing some Pyro and all the sudden I hear the whirring of a minigun, then I see the bullet heading towards me. I ubered thinking the Pyro had led me into an ambush by mistake, but nope it was an ally Heavy randomly spy checking.

Up, this happens sometimes. I also frequently run into situations where I'll see a number of enemies approaching and as soon as I trigger the Uber, they're all wiped out by my other allies. Still, it's better to use it and not need it then to hold onto it and die.

moojito

Chriswok said:
I'm only half decent when I lay a million mines at doorways, and sit giggling for someone to walk through.
Kuro Madoushi said:
Playing it wrong

The bolded would suggest to me he's playing it absolutely right! More power to you if you're having fun, I say.

Blizzard

Banned
Yeef said:
You are a bad scout if you have to worry about that. Once you're in close Demo goes down super fast provided you can aim. If you're not in close retreating and/or out maneuvering him is also fairly easy on most maps.

Also, clearly a demo can't have both the shield and stickies.

More importantly, I hope they release the new crates tomorrow.
Well, if you can easily kill wartime and neroh with scout, please do it more often and teach me how. :p

I'm a pretty bad aim with scout scattergun, I was wondering what people have set for their mouse sensitivity when playing scout?

Boonoo

Cloudius12 said:
I'm a pretty bad aim with scout scattergun, I was wondering what people have set for their mouse sensitivity when playing scout?
It's best to base it on how far you move your mouse to perform a 360 degree turn. I think mine is around 7". You could shoot for around 5-8"

Top Bottom