• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

AcciDante

The season's over, let's go back to casually playing and complaining about map votes!

If we do play the winter season that's almost six months away. Our tryhard pants can rest.

If you guys do try again, make an actual team with main players and alternates so you can strategize and improve consistently. No, I don't want in on this, and no this isn't some backhanded insult. We did pretty good and it was, for the most part, pretty fun.

I vote Dante for sniper.

Actually, that Ryuta Ippungani person (I'm sorry, I totally botched that name) is probably the best GAF-server sniper. Get that guy/girl.

Clydefrog

old people rule

dYUFa.jpg

look at that racist cereal behind him

thefro

If you guys do try again, make an actual team with main players and alternates so you can strategize and improve consistently. No, I don't want in on this, and no this isn't some backhanded insult. We did pretty good and it was, for the most part, pretty fun.

That's the big thing... we did well on the maps where we could just out-DM the other team or where the strategy was simple but struggled on the maps where we needed to be coordinated with our pushes, defenses, etc. Last night, in particular, we had a bad mix of people who were either 1) too passive or 2) too aggressive and trying to be the hero once things fall apart instead of waiting for the group.

I know I was guilty of that as well last night, veering off on my own once our strategy fell apart and panicking and forgetting to drop a teleporter entrance, for example. And obviously if we don't practice the rest of the team doesn't know what everyone is supposed to do if we're losing a point (okay, thefro is going to fall back here and build here if we are getting wiped on the first point, but if we just lose a couple people we'll build here).

If I play again in the fall, I'll probably start KSRF D-Team in Iron. Leaning towards taking a break until the next season after that though.

Kirsten

Yes, I'm sure its just a huge coincidence that the three maps we lost on are the ones we didn't really practice on and had no real strategy going in to....total coincidence.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, I'm sure its just a huge coincidence that the three maps we lost on are the ones we didn't really practice on and had no real strategy going in to....total coincidence.
Eh I say lack of teamwork.

Still it was a learning experience and I admit I've had to step up my game a bit since the people on the server have gotten better.

You people still have a ways to go.

Blizzard

Banned
I still blame uh...whatever those things were I blamed. Mostly Dog not buying us ice cream or medals. Lost all motivation and all that.

Yeef

"What do you think of Thunder Mountain?"

I think it's a good map. I like it. I got nothing against it, but I'm definitely gonna make orphans of its children.

Alienups

I know someone who's selling a Ghosts Sober Stuntman below market price at 2 buds, shoot me a message if you're interested.

I'd go for it myself but im broke as hell tf2 wise

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished this for Snacks who paid me in metal. :3

i21Ae3uZIN72G.jpg

Actually, that Ryuta Ippungani person (I'm sorry, I totally botched that name) is probably the best GAF-server sniper. Get that guy/girl.
Haha, no one can pronounce or spell our silly Japanese usernames! xD Ippongi is my cousin and he is indeed a beastly sniper.

...moreso when he can steal his brother's laptop and get 60 fps in TF2. That's the main reason he doesn't stop by the Jank that often.

i21Ae3uZIN72G.jpg

Haha, no one can pronounce or spell our silly Japanese usernames! xD Ippongi is my cousin and he is indeed a beastly sniper.

...moreso when he can steal his brother's laptop and get 60 fps in TF2. That's the main reason he doesn't stop by the Jank that often.

So that what Snacks change his avatar to. Awesome as always.

Wtf are you talking about? They're already members.

NOPE!

We had a few good rounds last night on the jank. Was a bit more balanced than usual, but as always, Soka tipped the scale in favor of his team. By the way, where have you been Kirsten!? And Oreo, but I know he's addicted to his PS3 or something.

Kirsten

NOPE!

We had a few good rounds last night on the jank. Was a bit more balanced than usual, but as always, Soka tipped the scale in favor of his team. By the way, where have you been Kirsten!? And Oreo, but I know he's addicted to his PS3 or something.

Awwww do you miss me Soka? 1) My graphics card broke so I decided to buy a whole new computer which I should have next week or something and 2) I'm in a TF2 rut so I'm not even that sad about it breaking.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
My graphics card broke so I decided to buy a whole new computer which I should have next week or something

I hope you ordered premium megahurtzes otherwise there won't be enough nanowatts to power the main screen.

Also now that Snacks is here I can finally tell him what I've wanted to tell him for at least a year now: die.

I hope you ordered premium megahurtzes otherwise there won't be enough nanowatts to power the main screen.
Reminds me of my old toaster.

kIN9d.jpg

The campaign intro took about 5-10 minutes to load up, and I could hear the game audio skipping behind a gloriously beautiful black screen.

Silence.

Then my eyes were greeted to what you see above. 2 FPS. I even managed to get this somehow:

l4dolddays.png

Oh, maaaaaaaan, the memories.

Reminds me of my old toaster.

kIN9d.jpg

The campaign intro took about 5-10 minutes to load up, and I could hear the game audio skipping behind a gloriously beautiful black screen.

Silence.

Then my eyes were greeted to what you see above. 2 FPS. I even managed to get this somehow:

l4dolddays.png

Oh, maaaaaaaan, the memories.

Looks like you were running it on a Gameboy Advance.

EDIT: Sure Kirsten, you can consider this missing you.

i21Ae3uZIN72G.jpg

How much metal/keys? I want a sexy portrait of my douche Scout.

Blizzard

Banned
Oh man, is this the commission thread? I've got this great Borgnine x Borgnine x Borgnine spray I need you to draw~

Just kidding, great drawings :D

Some day I'll pay you a few grand to do two complete sets of 4'x3' canvas illustrations of each character in TF2, one set of each team color, ExMachina. Then, I'll hang them in a dimly lit hallway in my house, painting one side of the hall blue and one red, where I'll hang each illustration.

It'll be glorious.

Top Bottom