• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

If we are talking about commissions, I recently had this done for a friend by Minttu (she did Australian Christmas 2011 comic). I came up with the idea and she did a great job drawing it out.

http://theminttu.tumblr.com/post/25513982951/happy-birthday-sirkai

tumblr_m5xfkfA5o61qengqso1_1280.jpg

If you want the super hi res version, PM me.

Roody

Neo Member
If we are talking about commissions, I recently had this done for a friend by Minttu (she did Australian Christmas 2011 comic). I came up with the idea and she did a great job drawing it out.

If you want the super hi res version, PM me.

That's pretty badass! Your friend is SirKai? The Tumblr fanbase for TF2 is pretty tightly woven, and my girlfriend (who goes by the name Despondence or Des in that realm) is friends with both of them, I believe. She is at least acquaintances, lol.

ExMakina, you might know her as well. I saw her reblog your post on Tumblr, and I know she's a big fan of your art. Funny how close the TF2 community is.

I need to play more on the Gaf server, haha.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
@Cloudius, Rickenslacker, Proven, and Blizzard
Thanks ye kindly for the kind words. :D

@Alienups and DJ Crimson
Sending ya'll PMs with details.

Some day I'll pay you a few grand to do two complete sets of 4'x3' canvas illustrations of each character in TF2, one set of each team color, ExMachina. Then, I'll hang them in a dimly lit hallway in my house, painting one side of the hall blue and one red, where I'll hang each illustration.

It'll be glorious.

Haha, it sounds glorious! especially the part about a few grand /starving artist Let me know when you're ready. ;) Makes me think of Valve HQ's red wall with TF2 portraits... BLU needs some love too.

You came up with an awesome scene and of course Minttu's a beast and pulled it off to perfection... your friend must've been thrilled to receive the piece! Dat lighting, dat foreshortening... so good.

ExMakina, you might know her as well. I saw her reblog your post on Tumblr, and I know she's a big fan of your art. Funny how close the TF2 community is.
Small world indeed! Lintu's art was one of the gateways into the TF2 Tumblr community for me and I've seen her reblog a ton of Des's art. :O

Tell Des thanks for the reblog and that I'm jelly of her clean lines. And those koalas are too adorable! /needs to draw animals more

Game is updating.

Forkball slacking said:
Source Engine Changes (TF2, DoD:S, HL2:DM)

-Marked mem_force_flush as a cheat to prevent client exploits

-Fixed %n console crash in the client

Team Fortress 2

-Added new items:

-The Red-Tape Recorder

-The Huo Long Heatmaker

-The Flying Guillotine

-The Neon Annihilator

-The Triad Trinket

-The Champ Stamp

-The Marxman

-The Human Cannonball

-Added new promo items

-Fixed sappers attaching incorrectly to teleporters that are still building

-Improved reliability for finding a coach

-Fixed Engineer training shotgun and pistol images being swapped

-Fixed GetPlayerItems web APIs not respecting inventory privacy settings

-Quickplay beta: Fixed bug causing game servers to sometimes stop receiving traffic upon victory condition

-Quickplay beta: Added more status information while in the matchmaking queue

Alienups

Loads of items, interesting.

The Red-Tape Recorder - Spy Sapper - "Reverses Enemy Building Constrcution" 100% damage penalty The Huo Long Heatmaker - Minigun - Sustains a ring of flame while deployed, uses 6 ammo per second while deployed The Flying Guillotine - Scout Melee - "Throw at your enemies to make them bleed", long range minicrits, 100% criyts vs stunned, and no random crits The Neon Annihilator - Pyro Axe - "Plasma Effect" ragdolls, 80% damage, Crits vs Wet Players, No random crits
The Triad Trinket - Scout, Sniper Heavy, Engi misc/neck
The Champ Stamp - Scout, Sniper, Heavy Engi Tattoo, NEW SLOT!
The Marxman and The Human Cannonball - All Class Hat

Weapons Pics

Awsomenauts Promos:
Awesomenauts Badge - All Class Badge
The Lone Star - Sniper Hat
The Russian Rocketeer - Pyro "Back" misc

No crates

I'm still digging through items_game.txt for more hidden changes. The weapon stats are pulled form there, so they may not be 100% accurate.

Looks like these are the crafting recipes. Nothing else of note in the schema, that I can see.

Third Degree + Third Degree + Reclaimed = Neon Annihilator
Mad Milk + Mad Milk + Mad Milk + Reclaimed = Flying Guillotine
Family Business + Family Business + Family Business + Reclaimed = Huo Long Heatmaker
Spycicle + Spycicle + Spycicle + Reclaimed = Red-Tape Recorder

Sianos

The new Heavy minigun sounds like a way to erase yet another one of Heavies few weaknesses. It's practically a Razorback, pretty much preventing stabs by lighting up and revealing a Spy before he can get in range. If the Heavy is STILL so braindead that he doesn't notice the flaming spy yelling FIRE, the Spy will probably die immediaty afterwards.

Also, the new sapper doesn't use the cleaner model of a similar idea that was submitted with custom sounds. :(

Blizzard

Banned
The new Heavy minigun sounds like a way to erase yet another one of Heavies few weaknesses. It's practically a Razorback, pretty much preventing stabs by lighting up and revealing a Spy before he can get in range. If the Heavy is STILL so braindead that he doesn't notice the flaming spy yelling FIRE, the Spy will probably die immediaty afterwards.

Also, the new sapper doesn't use the cleaner model of a similar idea that was submitted with custom sounds. :(
Do you even play heavy? I played heavy in highlander, and we didn't win. I mean I'm a terrible player, but if it were such a powerful class, we should have just plain won or whatever, by virtue of having one on our team.

I like variety being added to the heavy's playstyle, but they changed the GRU to be mostly terrible, and got rid of most of the FoS damage reduction, and made Natascha almost completely useless, so by necessity the heavy is kinda locked into a fixed role and standard loadout without some of the nice strategic and pathing options that used to be around.

In comparison, the spy has all sorts of weapons and can kill people in one hit while having multiple lives and near-invincibility while invisible and dead ringer'd! Clearly ridiculous. Only an evil spy player would complain about heavies.

Sianos

The new map looks like the secret Soho screenshots we've been shown. Soho is probably a secret CODE NAME.

And no one knows what Toho/Touhou is. :(

:(

Sianos

Do you even play heavy? I played heavy in highlander, and we didn't win. I mean I'm a terrible player, but if it were such a powerful class, we should have just plain won or whatever, by virtue of having one on our team.

I like variety being added to the heavy's playstyle, but they changed the GRU to be mostly terrible, and got rid of most of the FoS damage reduction, and made Natascha almost completely useless, so by necessity the heavy is kinda locked into a fixed role and standard loadout without some of the nice strategic and pathing options that used to be around.

In comparison, the spy has all sorts of weapons and can kill people in one hit while having multiple lives and near-invincibility while invisible and dead ringer'd! Clearly ridiculous. Only an evil spy player would complain about heavies.

The GRU is still great, you just have to actually worry a little bit about ambushes, maybe even carry the Shotgun. You still have fast spin up and now you don't have to steal health for your 20 points GRU damage! Everyone wins! Especially your poor Shotgun. IT HAS FEELINGS TOO

You Heavies already have a super powerful Minigun and the ability to turn around and vaporize any sneaky spy, at worst forcing him to retreat if he's a douche ringer and turning him into soap if he uses a man watch. Now you have a gun that alerts you to danger and protects you like an overpprotective mother! What's next, a gun that chews your Sandvich for you?

YES I MEAN NO

I MEAN SORT OF

I bet you play on Easy Modo!
Eeeeh! Easy modo? I mean, I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT! I-I've never even played it before. I certainly don't think the music is great or anything...

Anyways this Sleeping Dogs stuff is great and all, but I really just want my Strange Original already!

XeroSauce

New sapper delevels the sentry much too fast compared to the original sapper, but takes forever to go from level 1 sentry to a toolbox.

Pyro melee is pretty useless.

Heavy is even more of a "no weaknesses" class now, great.

Scout..well we'll have to see. Bleeds don't stack do they?

Both teams have a heavy at all times. That's the entire point of highlander, both teams always have the same classes. So that just can't possibly make any sort of logical sense, or else both teams are always winning every game.

And no, the weapon is more of Valve's absolutely idiotic policy of giving classes soft-counters to the classes that are meant to counter them. Heavy is already overpowered, has been ever since he got some of the biggest straight-up buffs ever given to any class, now the one thing that heavy really needs to have, spatial awareness, is gone? No. Almost every new weapon that comes out is either worthless or changes something that has no good reason to be changed.

Demoman already has the sticky launcher, and a really good grenade launcher alternate. Considering how broken or bad the rest of the weapons have been, I'm glad demoman isn't getting any items. I would rather no one ever get any new weapons ever again, because they've been terrible for at least a year straight.

Sianos

The flame radius is a lot bigger than I thought it would be. Not only gives the Heavy the protection but also shields everyone around him from a stab.

Imagine this on Payload with infinite ammo and a Spy proof shield around the cart. On a Dispenser it almost makes the Heavy a defensive Pyro, with more powerful mid-range capabilities, an AOE Spy shield, and 300 health, but no ability to reflect.

I'm half expecting a Heavy weapon to deal with Snipers soon, Heavies last counter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHokPyp1_Bk

Wow, really?

Also, valve confirmed for hating demomen. I'm still holding out for that one update where valve adds a weapon for demo that actually shoots and possibly explodes something. But you know, in the last 3 major updates we got a parrot. That's cool, right?
The Demoman's stock weaponry are pretty much perfect and super powerful as it is, but that doesn't excuse it I guess. Doesn't stop them from releasing rocket launchers for nearly every update.

So the only downside to that new minigun is that it gobbles up more ammo to use? Ehhhh.

Sianos

I assumed that the spy shield is only active when firing, but even if you're just revved up not firing bullets you get the flames. So even if you have one ammo you can still have an infinite fire shield.

How fast does the Heavy use up ammo normally? He can fire for 30+ seconds with this.

XeroSauce

I assumed that the spy shield is only active when firing, but even if you're just revved up not firing bullets you get the flames. So even if you have one ammo you can still have an infinite fire shield.

How fast does the Heavy use up ammo normally? He can fire for 30+ seconds with this.

I thought ammo was used while "deployed", so revved up. Shooting or otherwise?

Sianos

It is. Quote can't read.

Alright, that isn't quite as bad.

Still, I disagree with the concept, especially on Payload maps. Thirty seconds of being deployed is still decently long and dispensers/ammo packs fill up a lot of quickly.

Will the GAF Armory be open for business?

thefro

Yeah, I'm not going to feel bad about spamming Pomson at medics anymore with this in the wild.

Seems like every class is going to get its own tools to counter pushes or defenses eventually.

Top Bottom