• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Are you sure it wasn't the rocket jumper?

If it really was a 1k health super-sentry being tanked it sounds possible. The engie could just repair it to full while the DH was reloading, but I really hope that you didn't just sit there and spend a whole minute pumping rockets into it.

Yeef

I've added the new weapons to the stats page. This week is pretty crazy, but if I find the time I'll make some images for them.

We all already know about your impotence. You don't need to shout it from the rooftops.

No way man, I'm a plumber; my pipes are clean, efficient, and effective. How would I be able to live with myself if it were otherwise? Obviously there's a problem on the other end that is totally and completely unrelated to me. Yeah, that's exactly the case. /sobs

You people are jerks. How am I supposed to make Zeke think he is crazy when you make posts like that.

You're efforts are wasted here. I've already accepted the fact that I'm not of sound mind.

I'm going to blame my phone for that, correcting that which needs not correcting. Or my craziness is rearing itself subconciously during my brief moments of sanity to mess with me. Unless I'm just losing the rest of my mental faculties in my old age. Oh dear. Where's Java? I have many questions about what it's like being old. Like when can I flip off little kids and get away with it because everyone thinks I'm senile?

Update's out.

Fix server crash bug caused by setting tf_mm_servermode before map command
Increased The Red Tape Recorder's downgrade speed from 1.6 seconds to 3.0 seconds.
Fixed The Huo Long Heatmaker not consuming additional ammo while firing
Fixed building health compounding after being downgraded
Fixed direction arrow showing on teleporter exits
Cleaver is now available in Medieval mode
Fixed missing Lollichop taunt sound
Fixed item conflicts with The Champ Stamp
Fixed item conflicts with The Triad Trinket

Sianos

Wow, Valve fixed ALL the new bugs one day! Redemption for the Manniversary Update of yesteryeer.

Now the Heavy AOE Razorback has a downside. Hooray! I still despise the idea and it'll probably force me to run Douche Ringer, but we'll see how big of a deal the lesser ammo is. A "no ammo from dispensers" like the Beggar's Bazooka is much needed as well to stop Payload from becoming more Heavy centric.

I think the Sapper was munching through levels 3 and 2 at normal speed. I don't think even the guy who made the Pomson would make a weapon that can sap a level before an Engineer can physically remove it. Great that they didn't utterly trash it, I think its found a nice niche.

If popped on a Wrangled Sentry would the Engie be able to knock it off before it drops a level?

Blizzard

Banned
Wow, Valve fixed ALL the new bugs one day! Redemption for the Manniversary Update of yesteryeer.

Now the Heavy AOE Razorback has a downside. Hooray! I still despise the idea and it'll probably force me to run Douche Ringer, but we'll see how big of a deal the lesser ammo is. A "no ammo from dispensers" like the Beggar's Bazooka is much needed as well to stop Payload from becoming more Heavy centric.

I think the Sapper was munching through levels 3 and 2 at normal speed. I don't think even the guy who made the Pomson would make a weapon that can sap a level before an Engineer can physically remove it. Great that they didn't utterly trash it, I think its found a nice niche.

If popped on a Wrangled Sentry would the Engie be able to knock it off before it drops a level?
The sapper is a weapon for spies though, and spies are an evil and unlikable class. We can all agree that it should just be removed, along with the dead ringer, spy weapons, and spies, and everyone will be happier. :D

Sianos

The default switch time is 0.67 and each melee swing takes 0.8 seconds for a total of 2.27 seconds, so the Engineer should be able to knock it off before a delevel. OH WELL.

Sianos

The sapper is a weapon for spies though, and spies are an evil and unlikable class. We can all agree that it should just be removed, along with the dead ringer, spy weapons, and spies, and everyone will be happier. :D

There's already a weapon that removes cloak, so you're halfway there!

One day Valve will nerf the Pomson and Wrangler and it will be great. I'm sure it's coming, we had to wait a year for the Enforcer nerf, after all.

One day Valve will nerf the Pomson and Wrangler and it will be great. I'm sure it's coming, we had to wait a year for the Enforcer nerf, after all.
Not to mention it took 3 years to nerf Equalizer, which didn't need a nerf in the first place. Ah well, what's another useless Soldier melee.

Proven

Considering the Enforcer nerf, they're probably looking to do something that isn't a straight nerf, but more a usage change.

Sianos

Ooooo big problem. I've killed plenty of spies. They're dime a dozen backstabbing scumbags.

Engineers are the real enemy.

Steve knows what's going on.

The Wrangler is absurdly powerful, giving the sentry double the firing speed and triple the health at the downside of forcing you to aim... which is actually another upside, since you can prioritize targets.

Then you have the Pomson 6000, which lets you drain the cloak of Spies. Draining cloak isn't a huge deal, but wait! It has infinite range! And infinite ammo for infinite spammability! Also, it drains Uber, the hard counter to Sentry Nests and the dreaded 600 hp Sentient Super-Sentry. And it penetrates players, so your Medic can't hide from the wave of infinite spam while trying to push.

Sianos

Outside of Medieval Mode (which is unbalanced in a hilarious way) the Cleaver is perfectly fine and an amazingly fun weapon that'll probably get me to play some Scout again.

You have to stun them from mid range, then hit them again with the arcing projectile.

Since they're stunned, in most cases you'd have walked up to them and shot them twice or more.

Boney

Banned
So how come that sometimes I'll open the text chat window but it doesn't let me write anything and doesn't let me press escape to close the window and doesn't let me move the camara but instead the mouse cursor appears.

illadelph

sup dudes. Since it came out, I have been playing TF2 on XBox (Orange Box). As you know, the Xbox version has received no updates.....it has always been the same. I am now downloading the free to play game on my PC and I have no idea what I'm getting myself into. Also, I have never played ANY FPS on a PC before.......shit is about to go down I guess

Sianos

@ Red Tape Recorder

The Engineer shouldn't even let any Spies get near his sentry. Before he didn't have a reliable way to damage disguised Spies from midrange on his own, but now you can just spam the Wrangler at anything that moves. The Dead Ringer doesn't matter because the Spy is forced to retreat due to the loud decloak sound: he can't decloak behind you and expect that to work. Even the Invis Watch has a decloak sound and you can tag the Spy while invisible as well. Half the battle as Spy is getting within range to sap the Sentry and engage the Engineer.

Forcing the Engineer to prioritize between stopping a delevel and killing the Spy is similar to how the Gunslinger forces an enemy to prioritze between your mini Sentry and your Shotgun. You go after the Engineer, the Mini Sentry heavily damages or kills you. You go after the Mini, the Engineer heavily damages or kills you with the Shotgun and drops another. It forces the enemy to choose which seems like the bigger threat. Inaction is the worst possible course and you have to make snap decisions to stay alive. The Red Tape Recorder is similar: you have to choose between killing the Spy or stopping a delevel. It weakens your nest rather than outright destroying it, making it easier for teammates to clean up.

The downside is that the Spy cannot completely destroy a nest on his own. It takes an extremely long time to sap all the way, so even if you die in many cases you can make it back to your level one before it is completely destroyed. It's also less effective against teleporters, since respawning teammates have more time to save the exit and rebuild it.

sup dudes. Since it came out, I have been playing TF2 on XBox (Orange Box). As you know, the Xbox version has received no updates.....it has always been the same. I am now downloading the free to play game on my PC and I have no idea what I'm getting myself into. Also, I have never played ANY FPS on a PC before.......shit is about to go down I guess

Shit will go down yes.

Alienups

Prepare for the biggest hat orgy of your life.

Sianos

That's the problem with first impressions: You one get one.

;o
He's a time traveler from the past, The Age of the Shotgun back when Heavies were slow and susceptible to ambush. Also, he had to play with a 360 controller, so his fatmanning is almost forgiven.

But if you really want to improve and experience the deeper mechanics of Team Fortress 2 I suggest trying Soldier or Demoman. Like Heavy they are easier to play at a lower level, but there are also many advanced techniques to learn and a high skill ceiling.

I can't even rocket jump properly with the Soldier. Screw you, Quote. And StankWood, just 'cause.

It's the fast turning that gets me. I usually end up just going straight up.

I can't even rocket jump properly with the Soldier. Screw you, Quote. And StankWood, just 'cause.

It's the fast turning that gets me. I usually end up just going straight up.

For beginners, just turn your back and shoot+crouch jump. Or While running, aim straight down and shoot+crouch jump while still holding W.

Just practice turning to refocus where you want to be going.

Sianos

THE FULL MGS2 TF2 CHARACTER LIST

THE MAIN NINE CLASSES:

Scout - Raiden
Soldier - Iroquois Pliskin
Pyro - Vamp
Demoman - Peter Stillman
Heavy - Fatman
Engineer - Otacon
Medic - Rose
Sniper - Johnny
Spy - Liquid Ocelot

SUPPORTING CAST:

Saxton Hale - Big Boss
Sentry- Metal Gear REX
Scout's Mother - Otacon's Stepmother
Headless Horseless Horsemann - Olga
Monoculus - Peter Stillman's Leg
Zack the Parrot - Otacon's Parrot

HOW TO FILTER TEXT

Code:
{
    'text1': 'replacement1',
    'text2': 'replacement2',
    'text3': 'replacement3'
}

This needs to be a server wide filter. EX. Typing "Heavy would give you Fatman.

THE MAIN NINE CLASSES:

Scout - Raiden
Pyro - Vamp
Demoman - Peter Stillman
Heavy - Fatman
Engineer - Otacon
Medic - Rose
Sniper - Johnny
Spy - Liquid Ocelot

SUPPORTING CAST:

Saxton Hale - Big Boss
Sentry- Metal Gear REX

HOW TO FILTER TEXT

Code:
{
}

Someone will want to disagree with you on this one :p

THE MAIN NINE CLASSES:

Scout - Raiden
Pyro - Vamp
Demoman - Peter Stillman
Heavy - Fatman
Engineer - Otacon
Medic - Rose
Sniper - Johnny
Spy - Liquid Ocelot

SUPPORTING CAST:

Saxton Hale - Big Boss
Sentry- Metal Gear REX

HOW TO FILTER TEXT

Code:
{
}

why

Top Bottom