• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Alienups

THE FULL MGS2 TF2 CHARACTER LIST

THE MAIN NINE CLASSES:

Scout - Raiden
Soldier - Iroquois Pliskin
Pyro - Vamp
Demoman - Peter Stillman
Heavy - Fatman
Engineer - Otacon
Medic - Rose
Sniper - Johnny
Spy - Liquid Ocelot

SUPPORTING CAST:

Saxton Hale - Big Boss
Sentry- Metal Gear REX
Scout's Mother - Otacon's Stepmother
Headless Horseless Horsemann - Olga
Monoculus - Peter Stillman's Leg
Zack the Parrot - Otacon's Parrot

HOW TO FILTER TEXT

Code:
{
    'text1': 'replacement1',
    'text2': 'replacement2',
    'text3': 'replacement3'
}

This needs to be a server wide filter. EX. Typing "Heavy would give you Fatman.

No .

THE MAIN NINE CLASSES:

Scout - Raiden
Pyro - Vamp
Demoman - Peter Stillman
Heavy - Fatman
Engineer - Otacon
Medic - Rose
Sniper - Johnny
Spy - Liquid Ocelot

SUPPORTING CAST:

Saxton Hale - Big Boss
Sentry- Metal Gear REX

HOW TO FILTER TEXT

Code:
{
}

I would strongly back a Kickstarter designed to make sure this never happens.

Blizzard

Banned
I like playing windowed TF2. The great part about it is, when you try to rocketjump, the mouse escapes the window and you just sit there.

I tried playing fullscreen recently, but the models and FOV feel so incredibly cramped even at high FOV settings that it didn't seem worth it.

Sianos

The Pomson STILL has that bug where if it hits a cloaked Spy it drains on each damage rather than just the regular 20%, effectively stealing 80% of your cloak in one hit.

Good thing SpaceB0y can't aim it!

Alienups

Oh. Yes. Yes. Yes. http://feedback.majorleaguegaming.com/forums/116515-pro-circuit-feedback-forum

Vote for what you want to see in MLG. You get 10 votes, and can put up to 3 in one category.

I put 3 into TF2 6v6, 3 into TF2 Highlander, 3 into Guild Wars 2, and then I was stuck choosing the last point between Tribes Ascend and free HD streams. I ended up choosing Tribes as if two of the other three get in, then I'll pay for an HD stream and have some friends over to watch.

Anyway, go vote!

Halo is back in first place by a small margin

Javaman

is there a slight Engineer nerf?

Teleporter takes a bit longer to upgrade due to added animation or effects.

Yeah, it takes slightly longer now. Before you could put metal into the upgrade while the building transforms into the next level. Now you have to wait for the animation to end. Also I don't remember the tele turning off during the upgrade either. (I do believe the recharge counter reset before though)

Thanks for all the birthday wishes from all the peoples who played earlier, especially Alien who gave me a hat! You guys da best, except for dog who is simply adequate.

Also, what's all this business with changing the cl_interp value for reflecting things as a pyro? I think I tried it before but I couldn't really tell much of a difference and it felt like my game was off when I was playing other classes, I dunno, could just be in my head. I feel like any good reflects I get are from prediction rather than reflex and whenever I try to reflect a rocket that's fired from me at a distance I feel like I'm bursting too soon and failing horribly even though it feels like the right range. Any advice would be appreciated now that I'm on my way to become the world's greatest pyro. Also, the flare gun very well may be the most satisfying weapon in the entire game.

Proven

Interip mostly effects Soldiers. Basically, at a lower value the interip causes the rocket leaving your rocket launcher to leave almost instantly, while regularly it leaves approximately at a time synced to the server. Lowering the value makes you more server independent when it comes to firing and aiming, although the difference is less than a second, so it's subtle.

And I'd echo the belief that pyro reflects are more about prediction. Lowering the interip may make a difference when it comes to dealing with server lag, but it seems counter-intuitive to me. You're already dealing with two variables from the server: the rocket coming at you, and the speed of your airblast.

Bauhaus

Banned
Screenshots

2317CA5EDF90726D84E276776E6B0023F348DEC2
DCB427A97C1B839016F211B33A99DCB165B50EC4

Interip mostly effects Soldiers. Basically, at a lower value the interip causes the rocket leaving your rocket launcher to leave almost instantly, while regularly it leaves approximately at a time synced to the server. Lowering the value makes you more server independent when it comes to firing and aiming, although the difference is less than a second, so it's subtle.

And I'd echo the belief that pyro reflects are more about prediction. Lowering the interip may make a difference when it comes to dealing with server lag, but it seems counter-intuitive to me. You're already dealing with two variables from the server: the rocket coming at you, and the speed of your airblast.
Isn't it "interp", short for interpolation? <_<

Yeah, it takes slightly longer now. Before you could put metal into the upgrade while the building transforms into the next level. Now you have to wait for the animation to end. Also I don't remember the tele turning off during the upgrade either. (I do believe the recharge counter reset before though)

Yeah and as an engi, it is very annoying. And then add in that damn sapper that degrades your buildings. Even if you kill the spy and knock off the sappers, it fucks you up.

Yeef

I'm going to mess with the network settings on the server. It'll either 1) Make the server less Janky, B) Make the server more Janky or X) All of the above.

Solve for X.

Speaking of network settings, can anyone point me to a good guide ?

I just use the settings in Chris FPS configs for good connections. It has given me the best results of everything I have tried. Other settings have made me feel lag and is really distracting.

I was playing soldier the best I have a few days ago, but my timing/aiming is bad again... Can't hit directs anymore. Was hitting airshots consistently for like two days, lest we forget.

I feel like framerate is the number one thing needed to play well.

Sajjaja

THE MAIN NINE CLASSES:

Scout - Raiden
Pyro - Vamp
Demoman - Peter Stillman
Heavy - Fatman
Engineer - Otacon
Medic - Rose
Sniper - Johnny
Spy - Liquid Ocelot

SUPPORTING CAST:

Saxton Hale - Big Boss
Sentry- Metal Gear REX

HOW TO FILTER TEXT

Code:
{
}

Why is Fatman the Heavy? Raven is the big white guy that ACTUALLY CARRIES A MINIGUN.

PS. I'm not banned anymore lol.

Cloudius, I saw your post on rocket jumping the other day and have to correct you. You shouldn't be pressing W at all during your jumps. It will prevent you from controlling your jumps (air strafing). You should be using the strafe keys exclusively (A, D). Air strafing is very important when it comes to higher levels of play, for every class.

Check these out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkqrRY4SZzY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm-BGnaBCgE

Haven't watched them in months, but I remember them having good info. Might watch them again tomorrow.

It takes a lot of practice to get rid of bad habits, I remember feeling very awkward when learning to not press W.

I'm trying to learn how to surf rockets better but I suck

Cloudius, I saw your post on rocket jumping the other day and have to correct you. You shouldn't be pressing W at all during your jumps. It will prevent you from controlling your jumps (air strafing). You should be using the strafe keys exclusively (A, D). Air strafing is very important when it comes to higher levels of play, for every class.

Check these out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkqrRY4SZzY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm-BGnaBCgE

Haven't watched them in months, but I remember them having good info. Might watch them again tomorrow.

It takes a lot of practice to get rid of bad habits, I remember feeling very awkward when learning to not press W.

I'm trying to learn how to surf rockets better but I suck

Don't hold W at the inital rocket jump before air strafing? I know I should 't be holding W for air strafing. Going to download and watch these later. Thanks.

Edit: after re-reading your post, I've seem to confuse air strafing for the wall rocket jumping.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Both good vids, but I think it might be helpful to include a link to the first part of HonorableJay's RJ 101, which covers flick jumping. :p

http://youtu.be/pRnw1SV06lk

tl;dr - (assuming you're using the default RL with viewmodel on the right) Hold A in the direction you want to go so you strafe left towards it, quickly flick aim down-right, fire+crouch+jump, swing aim back left in a smooth motion so you're facing your destination.

You never touch W and will get much more distance, plus will still be able to adjust your trajectory via air strafing as Joe mentioned.

Forkball

geentlemen.png

I really wonder if there will still be a Saxxys this year. We got a big promo update for August, September will probably be the Manniversay Update again, then Halloween update, and finally Christmas. I suppose they might shove MVM in there somewhere.

Javaman

I really wonder if there will still be a Saxxys this year. We got a big promo update for August, September will probably be the Manniversay Update again, then Halloween update, and finally Christmas. I suppose they might shove MVM in there somewhere.
I can't wait for the halloween update. Those are the BEST!

Bluth54

My current guess is we'll see the Saxxy Awards start late this month/early next month, and they'll lead into Manniversay which will give us MVM mode.

Watch Kong King be a reskin of Viaduct.

And let's see if Valve can make a Halloween update that doesn't make us almost uninstall the game.

Apparently Kong King is Soho that we've seen Valve testing on their servers, it's a new map.

Yeah it was pretty lame that the last Halloween update map was just a reskin of Viaduct. I don't mind that the Halloween map is a reskin, but make it a reskin of a new map, even if it's a community map added in the update, like Harvest/Harvest Event during the first Halloween update.

I don't mind that the Halloween map is a reskin, but make it a reskin of a new map, even if it's a community map added in the update, like Harvest/Harvest Event during the first Halloween update.

And Mann Manor/Mountainlab. (or did the non-halloween version come first?)

It is dirty.

I always air-strafed without knowing it was called that. Just figured out how easy it was to ignore physics and jump in a curved line as every class and started doing it without noticing as soldier. But I don't know how people get good pogo distance on any jumps done off the ground across a flat surface.

People were talking about crits?

There was a sentry outside, so I stayed inside and put my strength into one rocket.

Alienups

I just use the settings in Chris FPS configs for good connections. It has given me the best results of everything I have tried. Other settings have made me feel lag and is really distracting.

I was playing soldier the best I have a few days ago, but my timing/aiming is bad again... Can't hit directs anymore. Was hitting airshots consistently for like two days, lest we forget.

I feel like framerate is the number one thing needed to play well.

Ah, i'll give that a try. Thanks mate.

And yes, i'd kill to have a somewhat stable framerate again.

Top Bottom