• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Thanks for all the birthday wishes from all the peoples who played earlier, especially Alien who gave me a hat! You guys da best, except for dog who is simply adequate.

Belated happy birthday!

Watch Kong King be a reskin of Viaduct.

And let's see if Valve can make a Halloween update that doesn't make us almost uninstall the game.

After the last Halloween update I'm gonna have to say.... nope.

With the vanilla launcher, rockets shoot slightly to the right of the crosshair (they eventually center after some distance). That's why most people will jump off the right wall. It's easier to flick to the right, and if you want to jump from the left wall you have to compensate for that. The Original shoots rocket from the crosshair directly.

As far as skip jumps and wall jumps, it's important to keep building momentum and shooting before your reach the apex of the jump. (and holding crouch of course).

Yeef

More important than TF2

pic1384570.png

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/837991/previews-1-graverobber-poor-house-sage

Alienups

Eh, i just realized that i always flick left when rocketjumping. Gotta work on that.

And thanks Joe, game feels snappier now.

Was practicing a bit on Badlands. Mostly just trying to get Skip jumping down. Going to be long time before I can make it from the midpoint to the next.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Regarding speedshots/skip jumps... There are 3 pieces of advice that really helped me with the technique.

1. Your initial jump matters a lot. Ideally you want as low a jump as possible (so that you barely skim the surface that you're skipping off of) with as much horizontal speed as you can get. So for example, it's much easier to start a skip from a low wall flick jump than from a floor flick jump.

2. You can adjust and fine tune your timing by analyzing the results of your previous attempts.

"A simple trick to speedshots to test when you should have shot, aka hindsight, if you try to speedshot and bounce straight up into the air it means your rocket hit the floor after you (You shot too late and hit the floor losing all speed when the rocket hit). The other end of the scale is what I described at the top, when you don't really go anywhere or do a tiny skip it means your rocket hit the floor before you and your vertical speed was able to plant you right into the floor.

So bounce straight up = shoot earlier
Tiny skip/Go no where = shoot later"

- Raiin

3. And of course the faster you're going, the higher you have to angle your rocket in front of you. You'll shoot about straight down if you're doing a high jump with little forward speed, a bit ahead of you if you do a wall flick jump, and at the highest speeds after 2+ skips you'll shoot about 45degrees ahead.

Yeef

The error seems to be an OpenID problem, most likely on Valve's end. What's odd is that my server can connect to other OpenID providers (Yahoo, Google, etc.) fine, but not Steam. At the same time, though, TF2B and other sites aren't haven't any problem connection to the Steam OpenID endpoint.

In the meantime, if you want to play and haven't already signed up, just shoot me a PM or Steam Message with your HLStats page URL, your class choices and whether or not you plan to use a mic.

Example: http://tf2.gafserver.com/hlstats.php?mode=playerinfo&player=45

We're still 1 person short for highlander.

http://tf2.gafserver.com/hlstats.php?mode=playerinfo&player=6252

You can put me in for demo since no one ever wants to play demo.

Also, I have a working theory that Yeef has a replay kill switch under his desk that corrupts any replays downloaded from the server. I only say this because I had a sweet direct hit juggle a few days ago on Yeef that just so happens to have been corrupted when I went to check out the replay.

Yeef

Hmm.

I think I'll just postpone Highlander for 2 weeks. That'll give me time to figure out what the deal is with OpenID and also add some features (like voting for maps).

Top Bottom