• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Maddocks

had to reformat today and went to redownload team fortress 2......300kb a sec when I used to get 1mb a sec. going to take 6 hours to download.

LilZippa

had to reformat today and went to redownload team fortress 2......300kb a sec when I used to get 1mb a sec. going to take 6 hours to download.

Just go into your download settings and change your location to a place where people sleeping. It worked for me.

Fuck yeah, now you can actually use your pocket and friendlies as shields! And the Spy "drain 80% cloak" bug should be fixed.

Still hate the uber drain, though.

They should make it so that if your pocket gets hurt with the Pomson, you still lose Uber. Unless the Pomson does 100 damage a pop, it's worthless now.

Such a clusterfuck right now between waiting and creating a server. Arggggggg

Free Hamachi can only allow 5 people total so we couldn't get 6 people even if it worked too :(

Sianos

They should make it so that if your pocket gets hurt with the Pomson, you still lose Uber. Unless the Pomson does 100 damage a pop, it's worthless now.
Hahaha, good one.

Now you have to aim instead of spam spam spam with those huge hitboxes. In my opinion they should remove the uber drain all together.

Hope Valve goes after the Wrangler next!

Hahaha, good one.

Now you have to aim instead of spam spam spam with those huge hitboxes. In my opinion they should remove the uber drain all together.

Hope Valve goes after the Wrangler next!

Even aiming doesn't help because the projectile is slow as shit. A damage boost isn't a big enough compensation for removing the penetrating bullet.

Valve nerfs a weapon that disproportionately rewarded spam, negated medic's ability to defend himself, and changed maybe the most important aspect of the game for no good reason. The horror. Please rebalance it by making it stronger than a shotgun and allowing engineer to 2-shot every class but heavy.

:|

TF2's current players: 73000
152 full servers for MvM
That's only 912 people.

Ugh.

Edit: Well, it appears 600 servers came out of nowhere since I last tried to join a MvM. Sitting in queue again...

Sianos

Five Engineers with the Wrangler and a Pyro to reflect the Sentry Busters is probably the most powerful rollout (as with regular TF2 :U)

Looks like buckets of fun from the stream, can't wait to try out crazy loadouts when the server load diminishes.

Valve nerfs a weapon that disproportionately rewarded spam, negated medic's ability to defend himself, and changed maybe the most important aspect of the game for no good reason. The horror. Please rebalance it by making it stronger than a shotgun and allowing engineer to 2-shot every class but heavy.

:|

Oh look, someone who can't detect sarcasm.

For literally years, I wondered why no one could ever join my TF2 servers. Tonight, I have finally found the answer! (because I really wanted to play MvM).

Follow this guide, and don't forget to forward the ports on your router.

Yeef

B73D80C8E78961C41558A3FD5B8DC4A26219716A

809B62F8027B4F519EA315D04953C6EA19CC2695

443BE3B5AADB42FD03E0606D516D98B1ACA0F696

Huntsman taunt actually works REALLY well against the giant bots if you Jarate them.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so this mode is actually really fun, but about wave five the game suddenly decides, "hey guess what? FUCK YOUUUU"

lol

AcciDante

I don't know why I expected better loot, but, in case you were wondering, it's just normal shitty weapons.

That was really fun though. Javaman, Spaceboy, Yeef, Dogwelder, and Fallengorn are da bes.

I don't know why I expected better loot, but, in case you were wondering, it's just normal shitty weapons.

That was really fun though. Javaman, Spaceboy, Yeef, Dogwelder, and Fallengorn are da bes.

Is that from 1 map? Or how it is distributed? You sure it wasn't regular weekly drops you got?

Forkball

Supposedly there isn't a whole lot of loot. It seems there is one cosmetic item per class (robotic version of regular gear), and a weapon with a robot head on it. Examples:

Kind of quirky, but it seems like a lot of effort (and money) just to earn one.

tkscz

Is anyone else having issues with the server list not finding ANY servers? Not just MvM servers, but any server period.

Sianos

For literally years, I wondered why no one could ever join my TF2 servers. Tonight, I have finally found the answer! (because I really wanted to play MvM).

Follow this guide, and don't forget to forward the ports on your router.
I've always wondered this. You da bes, Artist!

Who here has a powerful enough computer to set up a good server? I'll make one tonight, but I'm not sure if my computer is strong enough to carry the additional load.

jediyoshi

They need to make the buy in a different key. Also completely disable the killed by cam, just throws a big wrench in trying to respawn.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces

It was definitely fun, staying up to try it.. but man am I feeling the lack of sleep. :\

Seeing we just get regular items for tickets and vouchers was more disappointing then hearing from Dog that there were no medals for Highlander.

Edit: How did I not get this cheese mint?

Code:
Brotherhood Of Steel
Complete a mission with 5 people on your Friends list.

Stoopid Valve launch.

Blizzard

Banned
so this mode is actually really fun, but about wave five the game suddenly decides, "hey guess what? FUCK YOUUUU"

lol
Well the blog said all along that the robots are much better than the players, so they're supposed to be crushing. :p

We’re also unveiling a new museum-themed map called Coal Town. It features many informative placards about the fascinating details of life in a turn-of-the-century mining community, which you can read when you’re lying on the ground holding your own guts in while a robot stomps on your neck.

Kirsten

I didn't even get to play last night and I bought two tickets. You guys are going to all realize it sucks and its not worth it before I get a chance to use them :( So sad.

Javaman

I've always wondered this. You da bes, Artist!

Who here has a powerful enough computer to set up a good server? I'll make one tonight, but I'm not sure if my computer is strong enough to carry the additional load.

While waiting for the official servers to calm down I hosted one on my so-so computer. It did ok on my end with all 6 players and bots. I don't know how it performed for the others though. The first two maps were WAY easier than when we played mann up mode. We blew through them on the first try. I can't remember the name of the last one we played(coal town?). Eithers it's much tougher than the others or mann up makes it that way.

Btw if people have trouble connecting and they get a lan error message type...
SV_LAN 0
Into the console (thanks Yeef!)

Edit: looks like it takes 6 rounds to finish completing the medal, sooo 6 bucks for a silly hat.

Top Bottom