• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Why does my wait time go from 90 minutes to 37 minutes to 60 minutes to 12 minutes to 8 minutes to 23 minutes. It isn't moving in any logical fashion at all. Fucking Valve time.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I didn't even get to play last night and I bought two tickets. You guys are going to all realize it sucks and its not worth it before I get a chance to use them :( So sad.

Well... they're cheaper than a Pile o' Gifts. :\

Well worth the dollars.........

Finally got into a game. Meh, but I was playing with randoms.

A) Spy knife makes no sense, unless they update MVM to have mini-robots.
B) How do you get the gold items? Are they just more rare versions?

Blizzard

Banned
Well... they're cheaper than a Pile o' Gifts. :\

A) Spy knife makes no sense, unless they update MVM to have mini-robots.
B) How do you get the gold items? Are they just more rare versions?
I thought the blog said the upgraded spy knife went through armor, making spies awesome against giant robots or something.

Owensboro

Anyone want to try and set up a team of 6? I don't fancy playing with randoms, but want to give this a shot.

I'm down for trying to host if need be. My computer is pretty new (built it around 4 months ago) so I think it can handle the load. Guess It's a good time to find out.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Why does my wait time go from 90 minutes to 37 minutes to 60 minutes to 12 minutes to 8 minutes to 23 minutes. It isn't moving in any logical fashion at all. Fucking Valve time.

Gabe used to work at Microsoft.

Mac players, how come I can't seem to find away to reassign the F4 key which makes you "ready" in MvM? Everyone has to wait around until the timer runs out because it doesn't work.

I'm confused. I thought it was both RED and BLU fighting gray robots. From what I've seen, it's RED fighting blue robots.

Also, my brother has the F4 problem too... on a Win 7 machine. I don't think it's Mac-exclusive.

I'm confused. I thought it was both RED and BLU fighting gray robots. From what I've seen, it's RED fighting blue robots.

Also, my brother has the F4 problem too... on a Win 7 machine. I don't think it's Mac-exclusive.

Possibly hardware specific. You'd think Valve would have chosen an easier key.

Owensboro

Wow, finding a game of this is pretty awful right now. I was getting sick of waiting for matchmaking so I went in and tried manually searching. Everyone is forgetting to cap their servers at 6 players so it's just full game after full game, throwing me into spectator mode each time.

It doesn't help that you can't do anything while you are "Searching......." for a game using matchmaking. You figure it would let you bring up the server browser, or mess with your loadouts, or something...

I guess it's time to figure out how to run my own server :(

Javaman

Well worth the dollars.........

Finally got into a game. Meh, but I was playing with randoms.

Not from what I've seen so far. Last night as a group we spent $10 to $12 (6x$1)+(2 or 3x$2) on tickets and out of the 24 items, nothing from that list. Valve needs to up the drop rate. Do you get a hat or weapon when you finish the badge? ($6)

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
In fact, thinking of the proportions, all of the Heavy heads are different sizes. Weird.

Boy, I really hope someone got fired for that blunder.

mZBsw.gif

I did a manual search and found a server with 5/6 players. Joined and played through 4 complete maps, we kicked ass. Was surprising playing with randoms that were actually decent.

By the way... Beggar's Bazooka = lol omg amazing for MvM. Just upgrade reload speed, ammo count (so you can have up to 11 rockets fired through one reload), firing speed, and then your choice of projectile speed/max ammo/weapon damage. It's glorious especially with kritz.

Clydefrog

I don't know if my team sucked or what but we couldn't get past wave 5. The giant ubered robot was unstoppable and would always drop the bomb.

having said that, MvM is fucking amazing.

I don't know if my team sucked or what but we couldn't get past wave 5. The giant ubered robot was unstoppable and would always drop the bomb.

having said that, MvM is fucking amazing.

I think it was either somehow on Mann Up difficulty or we just sucked. I just completed all of the maps just now and can say it wasn't nearly as hard as it was when we played it.

Scout is so fucking good. Huge Scattergun clip and +100% damage is beastly.
Insta Respawn as well, fucking godlike.

I had a new item in Steam inventory this morning, but it didn't let me check what it was.

What could it have been? Where did it come from? Will I ever find out?
It is probably coupons. Steam thread suggest it might be for Portal 2.

Also there are Steam Beta thingies in your inventory to check out.

Yeef

I think it was either somehow on Mann Up difficulty or we just sucked. I just completed all of the maps just now and can say it wasn't nearly as hard as it was when we played it.
Are you sure they were the same missions? Each map has like 2~4 different missions.

I'm actually interested in building a map and/or missions sometime this week. Seems like it should be much easier than building a normal map.

Of the three official ones, I feel like Coal Town is the most dynamic.

Sianos

Yeah, you can vote on upping the difficulty in the vote menu.

Was playing with a team that was wrecking the default difficulty on Mannworks, so we changed missions to "ironman" and things got much, much harder. Pyro crashed on loading so we were down a man and the Sentry Busters became pretty big threats without airblast. We clawed our way through the first wave, taking out six Giant Soldiers and ten Giant Pyros. Round two was even harder, at one point with two tanks at once surrounded by a legion of Pyros. We almost pulled through, but in one of the final spawns two Ubered Giant Heavies came down in conjunction with Sentry Busters and destroyed us, although to our credit we were able to take down one of the pairs.

Game mode is lots of fun but in typical TF2 fashion pretty buggy.

Sianos

The Beggar's Bazooka is very powerful, but that "no ammo from dispensers" definitely hurts in early rounds. I'll give stock a shot soon, maybe focus on reload speed, max ammo, and fire speed.

Sianos

Nothing worse than playing with dumb players. Yes, we need a sniper instead of a demo and/or soldier.

Yeah, Sniper seems like the only class that doesn't really have a niche, but I've heard headshot hitboxes are pretty messed up right now so maybe that's why they're particularly useless.

Engineer-Pyro combo is in my opinion the most powerful, but every class has an important role to fulfill. A Spy with the armor piercing Knife did some work sapping large crowds of robots so we could stall for time and was a pretty big help taking down the larger robots, but can't do much to Tanks or Sentry Busters.

Sianos

What's the plan for tonight? Will we try for complete groups again or just join random servers? Has The Jank been patched?

I should be back from work before nine.

Was invited to Yeef's group last night, the thing was that I didn't have any tickets LOL

Brought a ticket so it doesn't happen if I get the chance again.

Smithy C

Geeze, MvM on community servers is BUSTED to heck. Either lose server connection or when the bomb explodes, the round keeps going with the "You Lose" overlay blocking the view. Guess I should buy a ticket or something.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Aw, I hope BroeselHUD gets updated soon so it displays MvM stuff properly. I could try to muck around with the new GCFs but I'm too lazy. Guess it's back to the stock minimal HUD in the meantime...

Tried out all 3 maps, pretty fun! I do wish it would scale the waves accordingly if someone drops out though.

Sianos

The Beggar's Bazooka completely destroys as Soldier. Eleven rockets to a clip, insanely fast reload, and fifty reserve ammo. Getting Kritzed is monstrous, dealing 3000 damage in a single clip. Even with all that firepower it still took all of us to take down the Gray Horde.

If you are limiting yourself to one or two of a class I'd say this is one of the most powerful class selections. Nice and well rounded, everyone had a role to play and coordinated very well, especially considering it was six random people who just happened to join each other.

Also, I got the Mann Up achievement and a Bootlegger for our victory, so I guess we snuck into a Mann Up server using the server browser?

Owensboro

Just got done hosting my own server and playing with randoms most of the time (the first time I had some GAFers in, but they couldn't connect fast enough to get a slot on the second map).

This mode is a TON of fun, and I can't wait to try out each class to see what their crazy upgrades are like. I completed a map as Soldier, Heavy, Engineer and Demoman. Each class was really fun and felt like they were all contributing a lot. I loved being heavy with a Brass Beast and the "shoot down projectiles" perk. Was able to destroy those huge soldiers that get ubered. Demoman was a hell of a lot of fun with stickies guarding the bomb too.

I'm looking forward to trying out Pyro, and Spy. I suck so much as Sniper I think I better just stay away from that one. Although, I do want to see their upgrades. The one time I played with a Sniper in group there was jarate going everywhere. I assume that's an upgrade?

Next time I set up the server I'll post the IP and PW here if anyone is interested. Won't be able to play again until next week though.

Yeah, you can vote on upping the difficulty in the vote menu.

Was playing with a team that was wrecking the default difficulty on Mannworks, so we changed missions to "ironman" and things got much, much harder.

I have played this game for so long, I probably shouldn't have to ask this question.... but... how do you activate the difficulty vote menu from console (I assume the person running the server has to do it?) If not, are you voting on difficulty before matchmaking or something? If you can change it on the fly (like while in a map) how do you do that?

Top Bottom