• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Proven

Pomson used to do 20 damage per hit at point blank range, but since it went through players it would get two-three hits at a time. It's base damage was around 15.

Based on the wiki, it looks like it was meant to hit a player about three times on average, to do around 60 damage at point blank, and now does about 60 damage in one point blank hit.

Sianos

11CD310E4E10621E9F1B24C229B477B79D0D0AA5

DF2354A548A1D6BF65F137FE26CC549FABC62FF3

2A4647DA9BEB3A4C5F935C85C678318C794FC9C3

I played Engineer and... it was one of the tensest and most exciting moments of TF2 ever.

We played the Mannworks endurance level: three rounds of incredibly fleshed out robot ranks. The last wave culminates in an endless barrage of Sentry Busters, Razorback Snipers with hellishly good aim, and four Giant Heavies with 5000 HP with three Uber Medics each. It took everyone's coordination to take them down. Java and I as the main defensive backbone, Dante to deliver insane amounts of burst damage with Kritz, Matt to save our Sentries from the Busters countless times, Panny to shred infantry on the front lines, and Dougie to lay waste to the Medics, Snipers, and anyone else with his high damage sticky traps. See that wrangled level one in the shot of our victory screen? I ubered it with three canteens and chipped away at the last Giant Heavy as he jumped into the bomb chute. Two hours of non stop excitement facing against an incredible challenge... as Engineer.

Valve has something fantastic here.

Mann Up went pretty well for the first couple waves, but apparently you need to have played it before and bought bullet resistance at least twice in advance, or else there's no way you're going to beat 4 giant heavies each with a pack of medics on the final wave of Mannworks in Mann Up. Doesn't help that you'll probably get dropped into a server across the ocean. And if somebody loses connection or crashes, you're done.

I have no idea how to turn these into thumbnails.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/558698452582388398/9709105023702E4F7870B8AC3875520859C8B466/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/558698452582385806/3922CAACFF0DA83BDEB5F2B607363F2D0214DA0D/

Played today with Pepper and Soka (only two I remember right now). Was really fun.

Yep. Some guy named Jake Tower was there too, but I don't recognize the name. Sorry I bailed on you guys, had to get some work done and the round restarting was a good time to jump off.

Snacks, those are clearly photoshopped. Fallengorn uninstalled all the non-Soldier classes years ago. P.S. Use img and quote tags. Duh.

Tenck

Mann Up went pretty well for the first couple waves, but apparently you need to have played it before and bought bullet resistance at least twice in advance, or else there's no way you're going to beat 4 giant heavies each with a pack of medics on the final wave of Mannworks in Mann Up. Doesn't help that you'll probably get dropped into a server across the ocean. And if somebody loses connection or crashes, you're done.

I have no idea how to turn these into thumbnails.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/558698452582388398/9709105023702E4F7870B8AC3875520859C8B466/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/558698452582385806/3922CAACFF0DA83BDEB5F2B607363F2D0214DA0D/

and

AcciDante

I played Engineer and... it was one of the tensest and most exciting moments of TF2 ever.

We played the Mannworks endurance level: three rounds of incredibly fleshed out robot ranks. The last wave culminates in an endless barrage of Sentry Busters, Razorback Snipers with hellishly good aim, and four Giant Heavies with 5000 HP with three Uber Medics each. It took everyone's coordination to take them down. Java and I as the main defensive backbone, Dante to deliver insane amounts of burst damage with Kritz, Matt to save our Sentries from the Busters countless times, Panny to shred infantry on the front lines, and Dougie to lay waste to the Medics, Snipers, and anyone else with his high damage sticky traps. See that wrangled level one in the shot of our victory screen? I ubered it with three canteens and chipped away at the last Giant Heavy as he jumped into the bomb chute. Two hours of non stop excitement facing against an incredible challenge... as Engineer.

Valve has something fantastic here.
I left before the screenshot, nooooooooooooooooo

Proven

Looking back at Snacks' screenshot, I look good. Quickfix plus canteen has just the right amount of mechanical looking genius to it.

I'll probably go back to uber tomorrow night.

MvM is incredible if you don't need to wait for queues. I think I'm done for today, but I will be keeping my dedicated server up here:

71.93.114.72:27015;
password: destiny

Tomorrow I'll try to get some games with you all.

Yeef

I'll be hosting a MvM server on my local machine. Not sur ehow it'll hold up or whathaveyou, but if you want to give it a shot, ip is: 74.88.209.137:29100

Password is ... the normal password for GAF stuff. Feel free to use it, if you'd like. (Quote this post if you don't remember/know the standard password).

Rcon pass is the same as the Jank, so anyone with rcon access there should be able to use it here as well.

I'll be hosting a MvM server on my local machine. Not sur ehow it'll hold up or whathaveyou, but if you want to give it a shot, ip is: 74.88.209.137:29100

Password is ... the normal password for GAF stuff. Feel free to use it, if you'd like. (Quote this post if you don't remember/know the standard password).

Rcon pass is the same as the Jank, so anyone with rcon access there should be able to use it here as well.

I though it was godwelder.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Snagged some ToD tickets~ If anyone's looking to play some Mann Up today, let me know. :O

Also, I have an extra Steam Community Beta invite and that 75% off Portal 2 coupon... bug me on Steam if you want either.

Blizzard

Banned
Snagged some ToD tickets~ If anyone's looking to play some Mann Up today, let me know. :O

Also, I have an extra Steam Community Beta invite and that 75% off Portal 2 coupon... bug me on Steam if you want either.
D: Can ToD tickets be traded for yet? (I have a Portal 2 coupon as well if anyone wants one)

Proven

Updated the pastebin with everyone's but Yeef's server, as I think Yeef wants to keep his server a bit more private. Also, it's nice to have a place where I have admin abuse. If anyone else wants me to take their server off, let me know ASAP.

http://pastebin.com/X07u1Sn0

Updated the list. Now we're up to 7 GAF servers. Love this community.

Alright, GAF server list. PM me to add to this list. Feel free to quote this everywhere on GAF. Have fun.

Shadowhaxor's Outerhaven Server 1:
connect 76.12.190.168:27015; password r00tacc3ss

Shadowhaxor's Outerhaven Server 2:
connect 76.12.190.168:27025; password r00tacc3ss

Shadowhaxor's Outerhaven Server 3:
connect 76.12.190.168:27035; password r00tacc3ss

Owensboro's Server (will be down by the weekend):
connect 66.190.92.203; password Believe

DKo5's Server:
connect 71.103.231.37:27019; password GAF

InsaneZero's Server (down until 6PM PST/PDT):
connect 71.93.114.72:27015; password destiny

SFLUFAN's Server:
connect 208.167.246.17:27015

Now have fun and go play.

Just a heads-up: Right now my server is down so that I can accommodate sixteen idling accounts on my machine. It'll be back up at around 6PM PST.

Blizzard

Banned
Saxxy Awards and big picture mode happening after all? Are we sure the world hasn't ended and this is some sort of after-party?

Sianos

Aw yeah, remember that first mission we were powerless to stop last night? Well we won fair and square!

To our credit we made it the last round before the glitch set in... but that was just brutal.

Two tanks, nine Super Heavies, nine Kritz Soldiers, and eighteen Uber Medics. With those damn Snipers and Heavies classified as limitless support.

We still da bes, though! It says "VICTORY"!

Been to the final wave of advanced twice. It's hard to beat it, I think we would've had a good chance to beat if the glitch hadn't happened. We weren't that close on the first try though. My favorite demoman upgrades.

1. Reload speed
2. Health on kill
3. Damage

I max out those, and increase clip size and ammo on the pill launcher.

MvM is cool, but it's starting to grind my gears. The ungodly wait times make it bad enough, but almost every time I've been paired up with people that have no idea what they're doing. Almost all engineers that build in the same exact location. That's all stuff that'll get sorted out though, what does bother me about the design is how you can't redistribute your points if you change classes. They mix up the waves so I'll need to swap from time to time, but without any of those added "perks", I'm sorta screwed.

Proven

MvM is cool, but it's starting to grind my gears. The ungodly wait times make it bad enough, but almost every time I've been paired up with people that have no idea what they're doing. Almost all engineers that build in the same exact location. That's all stuff that'll get sorted out though, what does bother me about the design is how you can't redistribute your points if you change classes. They mix up the waves so I'll need to swap from time to time, but without any of those added "perks", I'm sorta screwed.

That's to make it less soloable, honestly. You need to depend on your teammates, and you'll need to have lots of them.

That's to make it less soloable, honestly. You need to depend on your teammates, and you'll need to have lots of them.

Well, the situation I keep running into is I'll level up pyro (since it looks like nobody else knows how to airblast) but it's useless when I have a sea of soldiers/demos coming at me. I'll need to change to another class to hold my own but not only am I wasting points on a temp class but that class will be weaker because I haven't invested anything in it. It has made the late game pretty frustrating in the couple of matches I've played, and the past two matches everyone just voted to restart so they can respec.

Proven

Well, the situation I keep running into is I'll level up pyro (since it looks like nobody else knows how to airblast) but it's useless when I have a sea of soldiers/demos coming at me. I'll need to change to another class to hold my own but not only am I wasting points on a temp class but that class will be weaker because I haven't invested anything in it. It has made the late game pretty frustrating in the couple of matches I've played, and the past two matches everyone just voted to restart so they can respec.

What? When you're a Pyro all you need to do is start reflecting those rocket/grenades. If you need help, then buy the blast resistance upgrade, or health on kill upgrades. After that, use flareguns. Pyro is one of the few classes I've played without constantly wanting to switch. His primary weakness comes from the super bots, at which point you either need a Medic with Ubercharge or you'll have to buy some uber canteens yourself. Otherwise, a Pyro with Flaregun or Scorchshot is useful against every single regular bot beyond Heavy.

That last map we did was so easy.

The one on Coaltown? We had a great class selection (Engineer, Demo, Medic, Scout, 2 Soldiers). My Mad Milk was pretty much being used on every Giant along with a Sandman mini-crit. We finished exactly as the map time ended, couldn't be more perfect.

That was my second advanced mission and I don't think I can go back to the regular missions. Too easy.

Don't you just love how the item server is "down" for the first round or two every time you play MvM so you waste some money upgrading one weapon, and then you want to switch to another, but those upgrades are a sunk cost.

I love that.

Sianos

At least when I've been playing Matt (the Pyro) saves my ass, my sentry, and the course of the round from something every minute or so, usually a Sentry Buster that comes rushing in at the worst time. Pyros are also very effective at killing the Steel Gauntlets people hate and reflect back the barrage of rockets from some waves.

Top Bottom