• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

1up

My friend and I are looking to play mvm with full tickets/vouchers. Anyone want to join?

We had a group last night but the matchmaking kept putting us on servers that had old versions, basically wasting 2 hours trying to play the game. :(

I'm up for that.

the amazing things you see in TF2 sometimes.

ib0gjQuRqZ8JhW.jpg

iTnhVaF7wHZLc.jpg

Anyone tried Brass Beast in MvM? I play soldier almost exclusively, so I'm not familiar with its nuances -- does the movement speed debuff also affect you if you switch to shotgun / fists?

I prefer it.

When i go brast beast, I max out blast and bullet resist, along with ammo and firing speed. maybe a point in penetration, but not necessary.

It looks like the already atrocious router has now gone bad, because the server browser has been showing a ping of 600+ on every server for an hour straight. Even if it can be replaced that probably won't happen by the time I go back to school, so looks like I won't be playing at all this week.

I wish I could actually play this game instead of getting stuck at the connection stage every fucking time. No problems with any other games I've played, including other source games. Any advice?

Sianos

Excellent rounds tonight! We were so close to the cheesemint I could taste to the conflicting flavors, but at the end of the day we completely annihilated those waves.

I think I'll save my last one for a while, it's that obnoxious first decoy mission with the 2 Tanks, 9 Super Heavies, 9 Super Soldiers, 18 Medics, and unlimited Snipers, Spies, and Sentry Busters that I've already completed but got no credit for.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I think I'll save my last one for a while, it's that obnoxious first decoy mission with the 2 Tanks, 9 Super Heavies, 9 Super Soldiers, 18 Medics, and unlimited Snipers, Spies, and Sentry Busters that I've already completed but got no credit for.

Got any advice for this stage?

Man, I really should just use my actual steam ID at work so I can play with you all. Don't need people all up in my shit tho. :/

Sianos

That missing $8 bucks will haunt me.
You always remember the one that got away!

I'm not a huge fan of the cosmetics for my favorite classes, so I'll stick with helping people MANN UP for a while before going to beat Decoy 1 again. It's my least favorite mission, so it all works out!

Javaman

Has anyone completed the badge yet? I'm pretty sure that once it's complete the matches all reset so that you can't help people without BUYING MORE TICKETS. Is that true? If so I think I'm going to hold off on the last one if there's anyone that's stuck in a mission. I'll be free tomorrow night at 10pm. I really hope it's not done that way since that'll be pretty shitty in Valve's part.

That damn $8 :( So close to a perfect run.

Sianos

Has anyone completed the badge yet? I'm pretty sure that once it's complete the matches all reset so that you can't help people without BUYING MORE TICKETS. Is that true? If so I think I'm going to hold off on the last one if there's anyone that's stuck in a mission. I'll be free tomorrow night at 10pm. I really hope it's not done that way since that'll be pretty shitty in Valve's part.

That damn $8 :( So close to a perfect run.

Yeah, it works that way.

Note if you want to replay a mission you can always use a GAF server or set up a community party to play an advanced map for free. You just can't help others MANN UP without a ticket.

Yeah, that $8 somehow slipped by, but to collect practically all the money with no Scout is amazing. We can always try again on a GAF or community party, but remember it needs to be an advanced mission.

Hope you wear your new RoboEngie hat with pride!

Proven

Don't forget that if a group of people start a Mann Up mission, you can then invite people without tickets to fill in slots. They'll get all the money necessary to be up to speed, but if they finish the mission no ticket will be spent and no items will be gained. Quote and I tested this out the hard way today.

Javaman

Don't forget that if a group of people start a Mann Up mission, you can then invite people without tickets to fill in slots. They'll get all the money necessary to be up to speed, but if they finish the mission no ticket will be spent and no items will be gained. Quote and I tested this out the hard way today.

Oh man, that's great news!

TF2 BUGFIX CHANGELOG
*fixed joining Mann up missions in progress without a ticket

HoosTrax

Anyway to migrate TF2 to an SSD? Steam Tool doesn't even list it.
SteamMover defaults to your SteamApps folder, which is what's used by non-Valve games and some newer Valve games. You can manually switch the source folder to be the Valve folder:

Btw, this is a sneaky way to get into a server which doesn't have "force matchmaking" turned on (spectate, wait until a match finishes, then load the new map before anyone else).

Maxed out kritz, maxed out bullet, explosion, fire, and crit reduction with points in speed and health regen makes me feel invimcible lol. Slap me with a heavy/demo/soldier and with my lantern i used the ammo refill buff while they use the crit boost and we mow threw robots

Forkball

You can still get robot loot even if you don't level up your badge. Kirsten got the pyro robot backpack on her second tour.

Also this gif will be useful:

ipIpak1fzJP9b.gif

You can still get robot loot even if you don't level up your badge. Kirsten got the pyro robot backpack on her second tour.

just so that I'm clear: you're saying as long as you're playing mann up missions you can get robot stuff, right?

Yea, I just found out last night that if you replay missions you've already beaten on your badge, you don't lose the ticket. I didn't think about it but it also makes sense that they are indeed eligible for robot junk.

Pretty cool. I suppose it could be a reason to wait on finishing your Tour of Duty so fast.

Arg I just wanna trade for a Tour of Duty ticket but fuck paying at least 2 refined. This economy is so damn stupid at times.
to be fair, a refined is worth about $0.50 in real money, give or take. so 2 ref is pretty fair.

Forkball

just so that I'm clear: you're saying as long as you're playing mann up missions you can get robot stuff, right?

I think you are guaranteed roboloot if you complete the badge (the six stages), but you still have a chance to get robot stuff even if you don't complete the badge. Like I said, Kirsten only played twice and she got the robot pyro backpack. Perhaps it's not so common, but it can happen.

Sianos

I'm always up for Mann up so shoot me a message if anyone is making a party.

I'll be free most of today as well, so give me a shout as well.

I don't believe you get more loot from repeating missions, but you do get to repeat them in MANN UP MODE for free which is the true reward.

I've yet to finish a single goddamn Mann Up map because either something goes wrong or people keep flaking on me. I'll be around 8ish tonight if anyone is interested in playing who doesn't have a shit connection and actually plans on completing a map.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
I've yet to finish a single goddamn Mann Up map because either something goes wrong or people keep flaking on me. I'll be around 8ish tonight if anyone is interested in playing who doesn't have a shit connection and actually plans on completing a map.
I'd love to join ya, haven't had the chance to play any Mann Up yet myself. Will be sure to powercycle my router/restart the PC and everything before we start. :p

Finally played some MvM with randoms. Damn . . . it is hard.

And so far, it doesn't seem to be fun. Playing as engiee, it just feels like a tower defense game where I get 1 tower (2 with the extra mini) and my ass kicked.

Yeef

I want to do a video for the Saxxies.

I'll do the writing and animating.

ExMachina and/or Artistdude can do storyboards.

Borgnine can do music.

Spaceboy (and other people) can be voice talent.

This is going to be GREAT!

Now to come up with an idea...

I want to do a video for the Saxxies.

I'll do the writing and animating.

ExMachina and/or Artistdude can do storyboards.

Borgnine can do music.

Spaceboy (and other people) can be voice talent.

This is going to be GREAT!

Now to come up with an idea...

I'm making a saxxy movie.

For reals!

I really am!

Just like that map I'm totally making.

Proven

The more videos I watch, the more certain compositions seem to be map defendant, and the more it looks like Scout is the only required class.

Proven

Money pickup, pick off sniper, mad milk, etc

Honestly, it's his money pick up powers alone. If Spy or Pyro could at least get the ability to buy that same pick up aura, not even worrying about the health bonus, then the game mode would have just about perfect class balance.

Top Bottom