• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Monoculus and the HHH will attack the robots. They be good guys now!

A9B34B3C278DDC4E0CFAB0C2405F7885EDC993D1

I should add that they make obtaining the money very hard though. Lol!

Here's an idea:

If you guys want to play but not sure who's available, hop in the Neogaf-TF2 group chat room. That way we can all meet up and make a match.

Sianos

Caberman needs more upgrades, like times usable and reduced self damage, down to zero. Also a huge amount of damage buffs because why not?

A caber upgrade to turn it into a giant, powerful, AoE attack! But using it kills you and doubles your respawn time/cost to buy in or something.

Still haven't finished a mann up mission. Sleep is dumb.

got through all of them today. shit was...really hard.

the key: collect as close to 100% of the money that drops as possible. as in, get A or A+ in every wave. If you don't, it becomes much more difficult to finish.

Also, don't change classes. Pick with one and stick with it. You need to build upon your upgrades, and switching classes means you're starting your leveling at 0 with some other class. It's *always* a bad idea.

Class selections really don't matter so much as being able to play them. I will say this, though: I didn't win a single mission without: 1 heavy, 1 scout, 1 engie, 1 demo, and 1 soldier. sometimes we had spies, medics, and/or pyros. once a sniper. all of those seem like very optional compliments. you really need that sentry and heavy damage/second. demo and soldier for that aoe splash damage and direct power.

loch n load ftw. max blast + bullet resist on Heavy ftw.

Nope

Thank god for that btw, some teams make me ragequit so fast. Yes guys, all 3 engies build at spawn, whopping good idea.

sigh
if your team seems to not understand the value and necessity of MONEY COLLECTING...you should quit immediately.

winning waves early but getting C's or D's in money is akin to winning battles but losing the war. eventually such a team WILL get to a 5th or 6th wave and run into a brick wall where nothing they try gets them over the hump. It's the lack of upgrades from a lack of collecting max money in earlier rounds. It's just that simple. That's why Scout is so good, really. He can get in and out with the money risk-free.

also...IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CANTEEN YET, CRAFT ONE. canteens are huge. being able to uber/crit/replenish ammo at will is absolutely paramount.

Alienups

Yeah i know, but not many seem to do. I play engi all the time and i often have to be the one that picks up money since no one else pays any attention. I need to wrangle yo.

Shit's getting on my tits

Gaf group i played with yesterday would have gotten a mission if they weren't lagging like hell.

Javaman

The eng building upgrade is one of the best bits that money can buy. Lose everything to a bomb that got through? Slap down a turret and disp and hit H. It'll even skip the building animation. Perfect if you get blown up and have to build back at spawn asap.

Forkball

I somehow have security shades in my inventory. I guess they dropped but I didn't get an alert? That was two hat drops in one day then, score. It goes well with Hong Kong Heavy.

I still have so many junk hats and refined metal. I wanted to craft everything during a huge update, but this year's big updates have been somewhat lacking with cosmetic items. I hope we get another Manniversary update with a bunch of cosmetics so I can get rid of this stuff.

I have yet to finish a single mission in the Mann Up mode and I'm beginning to think the world is conspiring against me. I'll be around 10ish if people want to get another group going.

Yeef

I have yet to finish a single mission in the Mann Up mode and I'm beginning to think the world is conspiring against me. I'll be around 10ish if people want to get another group going.
Who would want to play with a Junior, anyway? Come back when you're a REAL member!

(I'll play).

[EDIT] Also, I'm thinking of making a custom mission that's mostly bear-claw wielding heavies and then running it on my server.

Further more, highlander is suspended indefinitely, because of various real-life and MvM things have eaten up all the time I would have had to figure out what's going on with OpenID.

Who would want to play with a Junior, anyway? Come back when you're a REAL member!

(I'll play).

[EDIT] Also, I'm thinking of making a custom mission that's mostly bear-claw wielding heavies and then running it on my server.

Further more, highlander is suspended indefinitely, because of various real-life and MvM things have eaten up all the time I would have had to figure out what's going on with OpenID.
Sad day indeed. I will be attending highlander's funeral...nope gotta play some more MvM.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
So if I join a Mann Up game in progress and finish it, I don't get an item but my ticket is ripped up and it counts for my tour. FFFFUUUUUUUU

I want my chance to get something cool Valve. (Someone ended up getting the strange MVM wrench.)

I'll play as long as it's not 10pm.

(I'll play).

I said explicitly said PEOPLE not BEARS.

(You can play anyway)

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Oh my days @ some of the harder levels. If you're not stacking paper right, you'll perish when Rockets and Grenades blot out the Sun.

Sianos

THE PLAN

TIME: 10 PM
MAP: Mannworks
MISSION: Machine Massacre
PLAYERS: NSQuote
Javaman
Fallengorn
Matt
Spaceb0y
Accidante

Yeef

Some of the bots that they don't seem to ever use in the current missions sound like they could be great fun.

Examples:

Tiny, holiday punch heavies will 100% crits and extra speed:
T_TFBot_Heavyweapons_Gnome
{
Class Heavyweapons
Name "Heavy Mittens"
Skill Easy
ClassIcon heavy_mittens
//Scale 0.65
WeaponRestrictions MeleeOnly
Health 60
Attributes AlwaysCrit

//Item "The All-Father"
//Item "Point and Shoot"
Item "The Holiday Punch"

CharacterAttributes
{
"move speed bonus" 1.3
"damage bonus" 0.2
}
}

Giant, airblasting pyro that blows you 5x as far
T_TFBot_Giant_Pyro_Pusher // Air blast pushback scaled to 5x, fire does little initial damage
{
Class Pyro
Name "Giant Airblast Pyro"
Skill Expert
Item "The Degreaser"
Item "Traffic Cone"
Health 3000
WeaponRestrictions PrimaryOnly
CharacterAttributes
{
"move speed bonus" 0.5
"damage bonus" 0.05
"fire rate bonus" 1
"airblast pushback scale" 5
"damage force reduction" 0.6
"airblast vulnerability multiplier" 0.6
"override footstep sound set" 6
}
}

i haven't seen the airblasting pyros, but I've seen the holiday punch heavies.

you get hit and you're done because they keep hitting you and he keeps laughing. lol

HoosTrax

Anyone tried Brass Beast in MvM? I play soldier almost exclusively, so I'm not familiar with its nuances -- does the movement speed debuff also affect you if you switch to shotgun / fists?

Anyone tried Brass Beast in MvM? I play soldier almost exclusively, so I'm not familiar with its nuances -- does the movement speed debuff also affect you if you switch to shotgun / fists?

Only if you're holding the BB. If you use the shotgun or anything else, you move like normal.

Exuro

My friend and I are looking to play mvm with full tickets/vouchers. Anyone want to join?

We had a group last night but the matchmaking kept putting us on servers that had old versions, basically wasting 2 hours trying to play the game. :(

Top Bottom