• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

derFeef

Got my Soldier statue, love it.

R3b9d.jpg

I'm still not feeling the beggars. at all. you guys like it?
In a PvP match, no, not really. I can't click and immediately fire, I have to load it in first, which is rather lame.

It's not so bad in MvM, though, particularly since you can upgrade how many you have loaded at once, how fast they load and how fast they empty out.

Alienups

Interested to see how b4nny performs against demomen of a comparable level. He doesn't have a lot of competition demo-wise in Murica.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
I'm still not feeling the beggars. at all. you guys like it?

Best weapon.

ABR. Always. Be. Reloading. ALWAYS BE RELOADING. Coffee's for reloaders only. Play more like a pyro and use corners. Try to time it so you have 3 loaded when you round a corner. The worst thing that could happen is you shoot 3 rockets at nothing. The best is killing anything but a heavy instantly and them getting really mad at you. Try to keep in mind it's a short range weapon. No you can't fire instantly but you're not immediately dead if you need to get one off. I guess I got pretty used to tracking while reloading from the Liberty Launcher, so it's never been a problem for me. It is possible to rocket jump but I hardly ever do since it usually puts me further away from ammo.

In MvM upgrade reload speed and park yourself on an ammo pickup, shit is hilarious. chumpchumchumpBAHBAHBAH, chumpchumpchumpBAHBAHBAH.

Veezy

que?
Quick question.

I don't really play this game but I've been getting a lot of people wanting to buy my Earbuds and Genuine Aperture Labs Hard Hat. I'm willing to spend a dollar or so to make them tradeable so I can sell them off, but I'm not entirely sure how to figure out how much they're worth. The closest I could find on the earbuds was this link here. Could anybody give me a quote or point me in the right direction?

Thanks much!

Quick question.

I don't really play this game but I've been getting a lot of people wanting to buy my Earbuds and Genuine Aperture Labs Hard Hat. I'm willing to spend a dollar or so to make them tradeable so I can sell them off, but I'm not entirely sure how to figure out how much they're worth. The closest I could find on the earbuds was this link here. Could anybody give me a quote or point me in the right direction?

Thanks much!

Earbuds are around $28-$30 easy.

Genuine Aperture Hard Hat seems to be worth around ~3 keys and if keys are sold ($1.25 per key).

Best weapon.

ABR. Always. Be. Reloading. ALWAYS BE RELOADING. Coffee's for reloaders only. Play more like a pyro and use corners. Try to time it so you have 3 loaded when you round a corner. The worst thing that could happen is you shoot 3 rockets at nothing. The best is killing anything but a heavy instantly and them getting really mad at you. Try to keep in mind it's a short range weapon. No you can't fire instantly but you're not immediately dead if you need to get one off. I guess I got pretty used to tracking while reloading from the Liberty Launcher, so it's never been a problem for me. It is possible to rocket jump but I hardly ever do since it usually puts me further away from ammo.

In MvM upgrade reload speed and park yourself on an ammo pickup, shit is hilarious. chumpchumchumpBAHBAHBAH, chumpchumpchumpBAHBAHBAH.
*takes notes*

Bluth54

That's really cool. I know there was a Heavy and Medic one. They should make one for all the classes.

I imagine the plan is to make them all eventually, it just seems like the company that makes them is very slow.

I've been seriously considering buying the statues.

Proven

If you want to add someone to your friends list, you often don't need the numbers. Just do a "search" for Forkball, Proven, or Artistdude, and you'll add one of us.

Kuro has an annoying name to add though, so you can do him last.

Also, I'm very sad I missed much of the i46 games. The snippets I watched were even better than I expected. I'll be spending hours on the VODs later, I guess.

And someone needs to compensate Sal.

Yeef

Pro-tip: When playing 5CP, if you're down to your last point, make sure to:
  • Stand on the point to prevent capture.
  • Wait until you have an uber and most of the other team is dead before pushing.
  • Have people other than a single sniper defending the final point while you push the second.

These things should be obvious.

I blame robots.

Sianos

Payload is like MvM if there were no upgrades, no exciting waves, 12 people defending, and the robots are sentient enough to be bored.

Also, [insert rant about koth mini sentries here]

I miss the robots already. :(

• Wait until you have an uber and most of the other team is dead before pushing.
  • Have people other than a single sniper defending the final point while you push the second.

I blame robots.

I tried to jump through the glass because I always forget which one has the glass and doesn't!

I redeemed myself by backcapping the next round, though.

I blame robots.
I know at least 2 people saw me sneak around the sentry gun too.

PRO SCOUT SKILLS IMO.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
If you want to add someone to your friends list, you often don't need the numbers. Just do a "search" for Forkball, Proven, or Artistdude, and you'll add one of us.

Kuro has an annoying name to add though, so you can do him last.

Also, I'm very sad I missed much of the i46 games. The snippets I watched were even better than I expected. I'll be spending hours on the VODs later, I guess.

And someone needs to compensate Sal.
Or add Krillin last as he leaves you to die in the water......

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
i46 Grand Finals between Classic Mixup and Leviathan Gaming are scheduled to start pretty soon (17:30 BST, 12:30 EST).

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/vanillatv
SourceTV: connect fakkelbrigade.eu:27100

Because of time constraints, LG doesn't have to win twice even though the tournament was double elim and they're coming out of the lower bracket... only advantage Mix^ has is they get to pick 2 out of the 3 maps.

A little weird, but I'm sure it'll be a good watch nonetheless. Rooting for LG. B)

Right now, they're showing the end of the Highlander tourney... on Steel. That strikes me as being of particular interest for TF2-GAF. :O Winner gets these sexy (RL!) medals:

Insomnia-46-Highlander-Medals.png

wartime kicked that guy so fast last night I couldn't even finish typing "banned" before he was gone.

I usually decide who I want to win mid-game. I don't have any allegiance to either team, and since this isn't Street Fighter, I can't pick which team I want to win by what characters they play.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Maps have been picked for i46 GF:

Mix^ - Gravel Pit and Badlands
LG - Gullywash

Mix^ are definitely going to kill on GP... the strats that Pure ran with Mihalys Flow on that map were amazing.

EDIT: Oop, stream is gonna be on the Multiplay Main Stage stream, not VanillaTV's Twitch channel.

http://www.own3d.tv/Multiplay/live/90598

Top Bottom