• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Sianos

I'll join as soon as this tornado warning fades.

Tornadoes are serious business.

THIS HAS BEEN A QUOTE PSA

edit: THE POWER'S GOING OUT, too many toasters etc.

If you want to play the Goldrush clones, do it tonight!

Bad7667

Hey guys quick question. Is there an easier way to trade with someone when you are looking for a specific item? Are there trading only servers or something easier than that?

Proven

So, Accidante made me stop playing Guild Wars 2 and watch the last map of the i46 finals. I'm glad I did. Thanks Accidante.

Also, Tangmaster, get back to me.

Completely off topic but I don't post anywhere but here, and I like this community, so I'm telling you all this.

I got a job offer today as a RN on a Cardiac Unit. So freaking happy.

HoosTrax

Congrats!

0.jpg

Yeef

Completely off topic but I don't post anywhere but here, and I like this community, so I'm telling you all this.

Excellent.

You're just the connection I need to smuggle me out some medical supplies and/or organs for my experiments!

Fucking great. Tour 1? Gold Minigun. Nice. Tour 2? Strange sticky bomb launcher. Not bad, now I don't need a normal strange sticky launcher.

Tour 3 complete? Another strange botkiller sticky....bleh....who wants it...offer

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

You ever see an Asian guy with a heart attack complaining about scrubs/noobs/idiots not spy checking and/or not protecting medics, that is me.

Sianos

Who broke the Jank?

Also, stay safe down in Florida, Quote.

Thank you for the concern, other than flooding we're all alright. :D

Sounds medical related, and therefore...
nasty

Congratulations on the job, hope you do well!

Fucking great. Tour 1? Gold Minigun. Nice. Tour 2? Strange sticky bomb launcher. Not bad, now I don't need a normal strange sticky launcher.

Tour 3 complete? Another strange botkiller sticky....bleh....who wants it...offer

I to got a robotkiller sticky launcher as well. I'll trade mine for yours!

guys i have a kick ass brand new PC but i am absolutely ass-backwards when it comes to knowing anythnig about graphics settings and such.

so this may sound stupid BUT

my monitor's native resolution is 1600x900 and i chose the same ingame. now can i choose something like 1200x1080 in game?

also, what is the deal with antialiasing? whats the diff x4 and x8 aside the obvious doubling in AA? anisotropic filtering 15? i picked the max of everything and the game has never even hiccuped during 10 bombs going off all around me.

what about the whole msaa or xcaa or whatever? which is better?

HoosTrax

guys i have a kick ass brand new PC but i am absolutely ass-backwards when it comes to knowing anythnig about graphics settings and such.

my monitor's native resolution is 1600x900 and i chose the same ingame. now can i choose something like 1200x1080 in game?

also, what is the deal with antialiasing? whats the diff x4 and x8 aside the obvious doubling in AA? anisotropic filtering 15? i picked the max of everything and the game has never even hiccuped during 10 bombs going off all around me.

TF2 isn't a very demanding game and 1600x900 is a below average resolution for today's games anyhow (your GTX680 is way, way overkill for the monitor you have), so it should be easy to max everything out.

One of the settings can be detrimental if overdone I think. It might be AA, in which case, overdoing it can cause a blurry look to the textures. Not that there are high-detail textures in TF2 to worry about.

And you get the best results by using your monitor's native resolution, unless you're doing something fancy like supersample antialiasing, like what they're experimenting with in the Dark Souls thread.

For the purposes of TF2, I just max everything and enjoy.

Edit: If I may be so bold -- you might get a better experience by "downgrading" to something like the GTX670, and spending the extra money on a monitor that's capable of 1080p minimum.

AA comparison picture -- notice how too much of it can make textures look a little blurry:

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member

Set TF2's resolution to the same as your monitor's native res, otherwise you'll have stretching/aspect ratio weirdness.

Higher AA -> takes more pixel samples -> smoother edges on objects, but more demanding on your hardware. The order it's listed in TF2's dropdown menu should be in increasing quality. There are diminishing returns though, arguably a lot of people don't see much difference beyond 4x. If you do want to learn more about AA, there's always this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487269

AF improves the sharpness of textures in the distance, cranking this up has barely any performance hit on modern GPUs.

If you don't get any frame drops, I don't see any problem with seting every graphics setting to highest. BUT! Be sure to disable v-sync since it introduces input lag.

EDIT: HoosTrax! *shakes fist* :p

Javaman

MvM is kind of fun.

I think it would be a lot more fun if they gave out more money. As it is you have to focus on just one core set of upgrades if you don't want to end up stuck on the final waves. It would be nice to be able to focus on some other fun builds. Normal is too easy for this.

Yeef

I think it would be a lot more fun if they gave out more money. As it is you have to focus on just one core set of upgrades if you don't want to end up stuck on the final waves. It would be nice to be able to focus on some other fun builds. Normal is too easy for this.
You could always just make your own missions Javaman! Then you could set the cash however you want!

You could even make a mission where you start out with all the money you ever get. I think that'd be interesting.

Top Bottom